what bono said before still havent found last night.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
i just read that before i still havent found bono said something along the lines of "were just getting started"

surley this gets rid of ANY rumours about the band calling it quits after this tour

and is indeed fantastic news :)

KEVIN051269 said:
He said it in Barcelona also. Think it refers to the show at the time
no from what i heard he was giving a speech about how larry dosent like being "written off" amd getting honoured to early etc i.e. r&r hof and said "its just started"

starsgoblue said:
Larry Mullen Jr. cannot tell a lie. :up:

truth be.

it would be wonderful if they really started making records more often; it would be fine with me if they toured every 4-5 years, but at least make a record every 3 years.

starsgoblue said:
Well, Larry did say he felt there was a lot of unfinished business for U2 and that they weren't going away during the RRHOF induction speech. Larry Mullen Jr. cannot tell a lie. :up:

wasnt it larry who said they wanted to release a quick follow up to ATYCLB to capitalize on its success?

Lemonboy said:
He did that in Copenhagen too....

Don´t you think he could have been talking about the gig they were doing at the moment...

:wink:

here's intelligence, that's it, lemonboy!
why do people always think that u2 may quit?!?!?
bullshit........................

Well, the original release date of Pop was supposed to be Autumn '96 but as we all know it didn't come out until Spring '97 and even then the band said they felt they were being rushed.

Similarly the current album was later than originally planned.

But then again I could think of a lot worse examples of bands not sticking to self-imposed deadlines than U2.

I would just like to add that in Gothenburg he said "the life of our band is just beginning".
I would say that doesn't just refer to the show. So that's great news for everyone, if we can trust Bono... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom