What about us,die hard fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can you hear me when I sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?

you're the reason I sneeze

KUEFC09U2 said:
i was thinking about protesting at the next grammys, or ANYONE who gets into the ellipse next time, sit down inside it, lets make them know we want him to sneeze more, and LOUD because last time he did it, you just couldnt hear how he sneezed

ok, I'm in. I'm working on a sign right now to take to the the Barcelona show.

Why can't they just give us sneezes like during Pop or ZooTV, why?:sad:

Oh,i am really sorry for believing that who ever loves u2 can understand ups and downs related to them It is really sad that u2 fans only want to prove who is right and use ugly words.The very same one who are "one" in the concert. I was just feeling a bit down and thought i would find some kindness, but like i "ve heard:It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

girlhappy said:
Oh,i am really sorry for believing that who ever loves u2 can understand ups and downs related to them It is really sad that u2 fans only want to prove who is right and use ugly words.The very same one who are "one" in the concert. I was just feeling a bit down and thought i would find some kindness, but like i "ve heard:It takes strength to be gentle and kind.
we understand that, and do feel sorry for you, but you need to relise that just because you didnt find it to be your best concert dosent mean everyone else thinks the same, i was just ready the reviews on u2tours.com, and there all saying it was amazing,

so just shows it comes down to how people seen it, not how the masses seen it

KUEFC09U2 said:
we understand that, and do feel sorry for you, but you need to relise that just because you didnt find it to be your best concert dosent mean everyone else thinks the same, i was just ready the reviews on u2tours.com, and there all saying it was amazing,

weren't you the one complaining about the poor fan reviews on u2tours.com?

Chizip said:

weren't you the one complaining about the poor fan reviews on u2tours.com?
i was indeed. but the last few concerts have seen some great reviews :)

plus i was more concernd by how split the opinions were from these concerts,

Last edited:
2Hearts said:
Sorry, but I was too young to see ZooTV live. Should I just take your word that U2 sucks now, and not go see them? You had your glory days as a U2 fan, so let some younger fans enjoy them while they are still the best band in the world. We don't need all the older folks telling us how we are being cheated, ripped off, and seeing a half-baked version of U2. I love every album from U23 up to HTDAAB, and I don't see any let up in quality. HTDAAB is essential U2 and I'm going to shout along to the new stuff with every ounce of energy I have. And besides, they're playing more songs from the early albums now than they have in the past 15-20 years. And what does the title of this thread suggest? You can't be a diehard if you love this tour? Screw that, I am a diehard.

Afuckinmen. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions of course and if you think U2 is washed up this tour or whatever, then I'm sorry. However, you will find for every person that agrees with you, five people will disagree. U2 is still one of the best live acts ever and there's really no debating that (I personally think they're the best but THAT could be debated). To suggest they should retire is ridiculous.

Then again, maybe they SHOULD retire...I mean, this low level of sneezing is intolerable. It's outrageous to think that these days, most people that go to U2 concerts won't hear a single sneeze out of Bono. And the few reported sneezes have been way too quiet. Whatever happened to the days when not only Bono but also Edge would sneeze loudly, at least twice every concert? You're right KUEFC09U2, an ellipse sneeze protest is in order. We should probably also make signs. Our voices must be heard.

AtomicBono said:

Afuckinmen. Everyone is allowed to have their opinions of course and if you think U2 is washed up this tour or whatever, then I'm sorry. However, you will find for every person that agrees with you, five people will disagree. U2 is still one of the best live acts ever and there's really no debating that (I personally think they're the best but THAT could be debated). To suggest they should retire is ridiculous.

Then again, maybe they SHOULD retire...I mean, this low level of sneezing is intolerable. It's outrageous to think that these days, most people that go to U2 concerts won't hear a single sneeze out of Bono. And the few reported sneezes have been way too quiet. Whatever happened to the days when not only Bono but also Edge would sneeze loudly, at least twice every concert? You're right KUEFC09U2, an ellipse sneeze protest is in order. We should probably also make signs. Our voices must be heard.
but the sneeze is too low in the mix? maybe we should protest that the sound guy turns bono's sneezes up, or he should be fired

ramblin rose said:

ok, I'm in. I'm working on a sign right now to take to the the Barcelona show.

Why can't they just give us sneezes like during Pop or ZooTV, why?:sad:

ramblin rose...if you were at all considerate, you would make a whole batch and we could use them for sunshades. (It's going to be so hot in August)

KUEFC09U2 said:
but the sneeze is too low in the mix? maybe we should protest that the sound guy turns bono's sneezes up, or he should be fired

Hmm, you've got a point there. Except I'm thinking that overall Bono just hasn't sneezed enough, and whenever he does he's just not into it. And have you even SEEN Edge sneeze? Neither have I.

It seems to me that no one in the U2 camp is doing their job properly, we should just protest them all. And Coldplay too, because they sound sort of like U2, so they're probably to blame for some reason.

AtomicBono said:

Hmm, you've got a point there. Except I'm thinking that overall Bono just hasn't sneezed enough, and whenever he does he's just not into it. And have you even SEEN Edge sneeze? Neither have I.

It seems to me that no one in the U2 camp is doing their job properly, we should just protest them all. And Coldplay too, because they sound sort of like U2, so they're probably to blame for some reason.
come to think of it, i think even when bono does sneeze, he is just miming it, because i swear i seen him turn away from the mic, but i still heard a sneeze, but he wasnt anywhere near the mic

Well, I'm thinking Edge just refuses to sneeze this tour because he's afraid the sneeze spray might blow out the fire he has going on around him. Talk about selfish.

girlhappy said:

If you were looking for kindness, I sure didn't read it that way. There are some forums at Interference (check PLEBA, Goal is Soul) where kindness is the rule and not the exception, but this tour thread has been a long list of complaints from the day the tour was announced. So I read your original post as a complaint, and the title of the thread didn't sit too well with me. I didn't use any ugly words (unless you count 'screw that'), but I did try to make the point that younger fans are still real fans.

Regarding the ups and downs of being a U2 fan, I've taken long breaks from U2 before (up to 6 months). When I start listening to them again, it's sort of like falling in love with them anew. They inspire me more today than ever in the past. As I've said before, Miracle Drug is as passionate of a song as they've ever done, IMO. I'm going to see them in Nov, and even if the live experience isn't all that great (audience/sound has alot to do with it), I'll blast my U2 cd's all the way home. Hope you feel better about all of this.

Everyone who has a gripe about this tour...give me all your tickets now :evil:...:laugh:

Kidding aside, i'm sorry you feel let down Girlhappy,i must adimt i don't understand where your coming from, i haven't been a fan since the very beginning because i was a tad too young...so i've only been a fan for about 12 or 13 years...but in that time i went to 4 concerts and have enjoyed them all...don't have any complaints.
Has for this tour i haven't been there live yet...but i have a feeling i won't be disappointed, U2 have honestly never disappointed me has 2Hearts said U2 inspire me more today then ever, i also take breaks from them inbetween albums....and come back to them a few monthes before a new album comes out, helps me get back in the U2 groove so i'm all set for the year or two...ahead :)

Anyways try not to feel too sad that you felt let down, i'm sure once you play a certain song or maybe relive the concert in bootleg form you will get the magic back. :)

2Hearts said:
Regarding the ups and downs of being a U2 fan, I've taken long breaks from U2 before (up to 6 months). When I start listening to them again, it's sort of like falling in love with them anew. They inspire me more today than ever in the past. As I've said before, Miracle Drug is as passionate of a song as they've ever done, IMO. I'm going to see them in Nov, and even if the live experience isn't all that great (audience/sound has alot to do with it), I'll blast my U2 cd's all the way home. Hope you feel better about all of this.

I couldn't agree much more with that.

About 6 months after the Elevation shows,i kinda had a bit of a lull in my U2 listenage (that Mark Lanegan has a LOT to answer for) but i went to both Manchester nights,the 1st of which was up there with the best nights of my life,and to be honest i haven't stopped listening to the boys since.From the back catalogue,to the soundchecks that are appearing on U2torrents,and everything else in any format.

I always used to say without batting an eyelid,if asked,"who's your fav band"? "U2":rolleyes:,usually before the question was finished,but i'd found meself having a bit of a think about it,which made me feel a bit odd.
That was then,now i'll chastise someone to within an inch of their life if they query/question my choice,because since those 2 nights,i've barely stopped grinning,and it's not because they're BACK,it's because they're back to ME,even though they hadn't gone anywhere (ifyaknowharramzayin)

U2,back in my life,and i couldn't be happier :happy::applaud::combust:

and Girlhappy,as much as loving any band is a 2 way street,it's really a 1 way street,the fact that U2 are so brilliant is why you love them,nothing they're doing is done to annoy or irk ANYONE,because they're STILL (thank god) doing what they want,when and how they want.
There's nowt wrong with you being disappointed either,i'm sure the boys wouldn't like to hear of UNDERWHELMEDERS but they'd also take it in their stride,and probably hope that next time you caught the mood,or,liked the songs more,or preferred the production,or anything really,but they'd probably also realise that by and large,they ARE better live than they've been for years,and that ya can't please ALL the people etc.

KUEFC09U2 said:
no its in your opinion that it cant compare to ZooTv, all i said was alot of people are finding this to be there best tour since then, just because you dont dosent mean everyone dosent, we all dont think the same as you,

am not questioning if your a "big fan" all i said was if your not getting what you want now, then you should move on,

and people have been fans alot longer than both of us, and are finding this just as enjoyable as anything they have done

HHmmmmm......... sorry i don't have time at the moment {stopping here breifly as it caught my attention b4 heading to the threads i had set for, tonight}......... read the posts up to here..... so if I'm really repeating something fromn further on.....my apologies...

I've beena u2 fan since 80/81.....the first time i got a glimpse of them live was Edge & Adam practicing for a outdoor =/- 2500 crowd in NYC...starting up New Years Day.
The first time i saw the band whole Live was in 84 at Radio City an Amnesty Beneift {but NOT the Amnesty tour}...

I've seen them live for every tour since, except POP.

I rank HTDAAB up right near AB. I was......you know the pictures taken from way up in the top level of the stadium towards the back in "UTEOTW" video {'90-2000 collection}? Well, that's how far back * high up I was, and i could have molded the excitement into a clay sculpture -- it was that thick. AND it would have glowed from the electricity in the air!

IMHO i think they are as on fire for THIS Tour/album as they were for AB!!! I saw them in Brookyn '04 and then in May this year. I was flush with the stage but waaaay up in the tier below the fancy corporate boxes...in fact they over hung and cutmy viewof the screens....

SO i was "relatively" closer than ZooTV, but they were still quite small figures down there, and the and they buzzed, burned and swirled with power, intensity and beauty-- the sound was quite good despite our possibly acoutically challenged location--- Oh whooaaa it was so exciting. and I imagine it was 100 x's as exciting to be close up! {wishing & hopindg to, in the fall}

I'm quite sure that I feel ...this tour in general beats the Elevation tour hands down, saw them in June 01. Elevation wads a good tour, and it HAD it's superb moments and songs!
I think you younger fans, Or those who could never get to a show before ARE getting a superb tour!!!

The exception--which was a surreal, but deeply felt experience-- was being a born & bred NYC'r, who champions their city [while acknowledging it's frustrations}, who actually worked waaaay back in 80/81 on the 73 flr of the WTC2 {what a view} who HAD TO be there for the first post 9-11 show in NYC. Managed to get atix 2 hrs before that show, and cried and sang through most of the songs that night.

There's no way I think you can really judge the Fall 2001 leg for the Elev tour strictly on usual criteria....at least, i think- not for us in the NYC tri-state area.

so take heart those of you yet to see them for the first, second or maybe first time in a long time........just remember to strap yourselfs in .....

Last edited:
katakuri said:

it's not because they're BACK,it's because they're back to ME

I like that statement. Michka Assayas had a similar 'revelation', but he went 20 years without being a fan. Girlhappy, I don't know if you've read Bono: In Conversation, or would be interested in reading it, but I think it's a great way to cut through all the BS and reconnect with Bono.

Fuck Bono's sneezes, I watched Bruce Springsteen's Live in NYC DVD on the weekend (from 2000). 3 hours long and he ran around more than Bono did in 1983. That man is a fucking hero!!!!! :rockon:

blueeyedgirl said:
Fuck Bono's sneezes, I watched Bruce Springsteen's Live in NYC DVD on the weekend (from 2000). 3 hours long and he ran around more than Bono did in 1983. That man is a fucking hero!!!!! :rockon:

You are not a real fan.U2 is much better than bruce springsteen.. Everything U2 does is a good thing, they make no bad decisions!!!!!:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Man did Coldplay suck on live8 or what.

and what terrible weather it is here...did anyone saw footage of the cure saturday or was that not broadcasted at all?

zwervers2 said:

You are not a real fan.U2 is much better than bruce springsteen.. Everything U2 does is a good thing, they make no bad decisions!!!!!:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Man did Coldplay suck on live8 or what.

and what terrible weather it is here...did anyone saw footage of the cure saturday or was that not broadcasted at all?

Ok first statement i know is sarcastic:wink:

Second one not so sure whether you did actually dislike Coldplay or not, really its the third line the question that throws me because i do know that was a serious question and therefore it made me unsure whether your second statement was sarcastic or not....:huh:

Anyway to answer your question i saw The Cure on the BBC highlights at around umm 2am...didn't sound too great in my opinion and i do like The Cure:yes:

LJT said:

Ok first statement i know is sarcastic:wink:

Second one not so sure whether you did actually dislike Coldplay or not, really its the third line the question that throws me because i do know that was a serious question and therefore it made me unsure whether your second statement was sarcastic or not....:huh:

Anyway to answer your question i saw The Cure on the BBC highlights at around umm 2am...didn't sound too great in my opinion and i do like The Cure:yes:

wow, sorry to confuse hahaha...first statement was bullshit of course and my reponds to blind following which I detest.:mad:

didn;t like coldplay at live8.saw them a couple of times in the past and my interest is starting to slip to say the least..

the cure..thats a shame because I really like them..

Thanks!:rockon:

I think though this is The Cures first time with their new lineup though? Didn't Bob just get rid of 3 of the lineup and replaced them? Could just be a thing of getting used to their new setup and maybe that is why they didn't sound as great, because i did see them live on TV a few months back and they were great...

Anyway we got Sgt Peppers..its all i really need:drool:

LJT said:
I think though this is The Cures first time with their new lineup though? Didn't Bob just get rid of 3 of the lineup and replaced them? Could just be a thing of getting used to their new setup and maybe that is why they didn't sound as great, because i did see them live on TV a few months back and they were great...

Anyway we got Sgt Peppers..its all i really need:drool:

perr balmonte and the keyboardguy were replaced..don;t know by whom actually

zwervers2 said:

perr balmonte and the keyboardguy were replaced..don;t know by whom actually

I think one of them was replaced by a guy who had worked with The Cure previously for something like 10 years from 83-93 (sorry for my way-off information here, last time i read anything about it was months ago, i'm more a casual Cure fan)

LJT said:

I think one of them was replaced by a guy who had worked with The Cure previously for something like 10 years from 83-93 (sorry for my way-off information here, last time i read anything about it was months ago, i'm more a casual Cure fan)

yeah me too..porl thompson by the way is one of the greatest guitarplayers ever. I kid you not..

Zwervers and LJT for casual Cure fans you both seem to know a lot about them.

I was wondering about their performance I did not see them at all. Wonder if I can check a replay on aol?

Back
Top Bottom