What about "Crumbs"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steviec28

Babyface
Now if I'm wrong please correct me, but have the guys played "Crumbs From Your Table"?

Again this just my personal view but it does seem to have the same sort of accoustic set up as "Miracle Drug" and that has received a thorough work out so far on this tour, so why not "Crumbs"? Are the guys looking at introducing this on the European leg (with tix for Manchester and London shows God I hope so!!!) or are there concerns about how it sounds?

I am prepared to be shot down in flames if you guys have evidence to the contrary. Just love this tune thats all.

Nope...haven't played it yet. I suspect that they're full up on political songs right now, so this one would probably have to replace "SBS" or "Bullet".

nathan1977 said:
Nope...haven't played it yet. I suspect that they're full up on political songs right now, so this one would probably have to replace "SBS" or "Bullet".

They could also replace Pride with it. Crumbs into Streets, would fit the African theme actually.

Unfortunately I dont think the band have even attempted to play the song since very early rehearsals (prior to Mexico). May turn up eventually, but I'm not holding me breath.

One of my favorite songs off the new album. Actually quite surprised they are not playing it, to me it sounds like a song that would be outstanding live. Obviously the band disagrees, at least for now.

I hope they can work Crumbs into the setlist at some point too.

I wonder if maybe Bono feels uncomfortable singing the high vocals in the chorus, its not the easiest part to sing, but heck he sure does a great job on the HQ version and the album, so who knows!

Heres hoping!

Blue Room said:
Unfortunately I dont think the band have even attempted to play the song since very early rehearsals (prior to Mexico). May turn up eventually, but I'm not holding me breath.

Adam said that they would get around to playing it, but that could be nothing.
Maybe it will appear in Europe?...if not hopefully on the third leg.

i'm betting crumbs will make an appearance by the 3rd leg....at least i hope so! this was one of the new songs i had really hoped to see. really love it.

I was under the impression that people who met band members asked about Crumbs and were told that it's coming, same as Electrical Storm.

Hope that proves true.

Electrical Storm AND Crumbs???? Now that WILL be some concert! Let's hope they choose to play them at the one I'm going to in Glasgow!

As long as the band definately intends to play ES and Crumbs at some point in the tour, I'm cool with them leaving both out for a while. This is for two reasons, first, both are potential stadium rockers, and secondly because it keeps the tour fresh. Being able to not only introduce old songs into the sets, but new ones also can give the tour momentum and keep the band from feeling stale.

Of course, I say I'm happy on the provisio that his is the bands intent. If they have just decided they're not worth playing, thats a whole different matter. Electical Storm in particular is one song I REALLY want to her live. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom