were manchester shows sold outs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mosquito

The Fly
Ihave read several reports claiming that both shows weren`t sold oud. Do you have some info about it?

looked pretty sold out to me, view empty spaces, but they were all restricted views

I know they released extra tickets, when I was in the queue for June 15th, they announced about an hour before the doors opened at 4pm that there were tickets onsale at the box office. I didnt go and ask what type of tickets they had left, as I didnt want to leave the queue!

They seem to be releasing more tixs before the shows, I know there are extra tickets onsale at the moment for this weekend shows at London, and next week in Glasgow.

The touts outside couldn't sell their tickets AND one tout showed me 45 tickets just to prove his point.

I think it was only a few hundred under the capacity.

2 wasnt sold out. plenty of empty seats in the 85 quid seats
not surprised as its a ridiculous price to pay anyway.
touts did no business outside. i got rid of a ga at last minute for only 30£.
they seem to have adequately met demand in the uk.

Its not a question of demand but of U2 releasing tickets in batches and holding some back to mess up the touts' profits.

For the show tomorrow we have 3 x £70 tickets together in the stands... do you think that a tout would swap them for 3 x GA's? I'm thinking of the 'old farts' that arrive late in the day would pay these crooks more money to be sat together in the stand?

I just saw a 360 degree picture from the Manchester field on atu2.com. I have to say the concert looked extremely odd. Lots of empty seats, the GA area didn't even look that full, and it was BRIGHT sunlight. In fact it looked kind of boring--people just standing there with their arms crossed.

That was the first concert in Manchester.
It started very early so it was extremely bright.
The following night started 30 minutes later so it was much better.
Th stadium was almost full on the Wednesday night.
Mexican Waves before the concert.
Crowd were gr8.

I don't think there were many empty seats at Man1. There were a couple of blocks in the corners that had obviously not been sold due to restricted views, and it took a while for the bigger "VIP" seats to fill, but it looked close to sold-out.

I think it was a little different at Man2. I saw a few blocks of seats where they had obviously not managed to sell all the tickets.

The first one was definitely sold out. The second one might not have been, but the reason no-one bought any tickets outside is because everyone assumed it had sold out.

Back
Top Bottom