'We're a band from Jamaica called U2.'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
From U2.com:

And with the familiar opening groove of Elevation, came another revelation. 'We're a band from Jamaica called U2.'

There is no time to discuss this bombshell here, that will need to be left to future pop-culture theorists, everyone was far too busy getting 'High, higher than the sun'.

:ohmy:

ahhhhh - you think they were stoned?

maybe they got tired, or the munchies, and that is the reason for the short show...

kellyahern said:
Was it really that much shorter than Monday's show? I know not as many songs, but on www.u2-vertigo-tour.com I thought it said the actual playing time wasn't a huge difference :confused:.

Besides, I imagine an "extended" version of Bad can take up a few minutes :wink:.

In terms of songs in the set, it was the shortest show of tour, but in terms of how long they played, I think it made the usual two hours. The bootleg's online already and Bad itself is 13:20 long.

I believe Monday's show was 2.5 hours.....Monday's show was much longer than Wed's show. At least it felt like it...

Axver said:

In terms of songs in the set, it was the shortest show of tour, but in terms of how long they played, I think it made the usual two hours. The bootleg's online already and Bad itself is 13:20 long.

That's correct. In fact the show didn't feel short at all. There was extended versions of songs (like Bad:drool: ) and unusually long snippets. So as much as the people who were not at the show are whining that it was such a short set-list that U2 should be prevented from playing live ever again, I think most people who were actually there (like myself) did not feel "cheated". I only realized it was a shorter set-list than usual when I counted the songs after the show.

Plus, Monday was unusually long. 2.5 hour shows are very rare for U2. I think it's normal in a four-shows set in one city that one show will be shorter. I remember during Elevation there were a few 20 songs sets as well.

A bit dissapointing, but really nothing to write home about IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom