Well, well, well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they'll just plug IALW or Stuck at the end instead of Yahweh for New Orleans. That would be a nice touch if they did something simple like that.

I'm just hoping they play one Pop or Zooropa song. For the love of GOD represent POP!!!!:mad:

Never mind bitching and moaning...how about what 2 songs will they play?

I want WILATW and Walk On:up:

KBRY said:
Never mind bitching and moaning...how about what 2 songs will they play?

I want WILATW and Walk On:up:

Based on rehearsal reports its Stuck In A Moment & In A Little While.

Zootopia has a report of a third song (off of Zooropa) being rehearsed as well. I think we may see a slightly freshened setlist tonight.
Only about 5 more hours to go! :hyper:

U2dork said:
Zootopia has a report of a third song (off of Zooropa) being rehearsed as well. I think we may see a slightly freshened setlist tonight.
Only about 5 more hours to go! :hyper:

Expectations will be high tonight :hmm:

They may spread the new songs over the next few shows rather than play all at once tonight.

U2Girl1978 said:
I wonder how Bono's back is? Do you think he'll be running rampant around the stage?

Is he still on all those painkillers? :huh:

Which Zooropa song?

If they that the song was from the Zooropa album, they should also know which one.

Zoovation said:
Which Zooropa song?

If they that the song was from the Zooropa album, they should also know which one.

Stay was reported on Zootopia.

U2Girl1978 said:

I don't know...The way he posed at the Toronto Film Festival makes me think his back is still acting up. :shrug:

I hope he gets well soon...the concoction of painkillers he was on was worrying.

U2dork said:
I was trying to be nice to the people who didn't want spoilers but oh well :shrug:

Come on U2Dork, how long did you think it would take before someone mentioned which song it was? :wink:

Well, it's not like I didn't say where the info could be found or even posted it in the Interference secret code color in the news forum. We used to put a warning up for people who wanted to avoid seeing things before we blurted it out. I thought that was pretty considerate. :shrug:

Utoo said:
You know, the only reason why we care about static setlists is that half the people here go to eighty shows per tour.... If you only go to a few, you don't mind "static" setlists...

Personally, I don't even have a problem with static sets as long as the set is GOOD.

Stuck and IALW get the big thumbs down from me, and if it's acoustic, Stay gets the thumbs down too. Damnit, U2, this is a rock show!

Stay is kind of a big deal though, Axver. It's not like North America has ever gotten a bunch of Zooropa songs. You're the setlist guru. How many songs have been played off of Zooropa how many times?

U2dork said:
Stay is kind of a big deal though, Axver. It's not like North America has ever gotten a bunch of Zooropa songs. You're the setlist guru. How many songs have been played off of Zooropa how many times?

Stay's the only Zooropa song to be played in North America and the only Zooropa song to be played outside the ZooTV tour. Apart from Numb, the rest of the songs that were played reached 10 if they were lucky. Numb hit 33. No Zooropa song has been performed full band electric in North America, and that is partly why I think they should play something OTHER than Stay, give North Americans a treat from an album they've barely heard live.

If they do play Stay, I hope they don't wimp out and do an acoustic version. That song is truly beautiful full band and I'd be happy to see it if it is played that way.

I'm pretty sure that Stay is gonna be a Bono & Edge standard acoustic version.

U2Man said:
I'm pretty sure that Stay is gonna be a Bono & Edge standard acoustic version.

Which would put the audience to sleep more than a 20 minute rendition of ACD/ITH would.

Axver said:

Stay's the only Zooropa song to be played in North America and the only Zooropa song to be played outside the ZooTV tour. Apart from Numb, the rest of the songs that were played reached 10 if they were lucky. Numb hit 33. No Zooropa song has been performed full band electric in North America, and that is partly why I think they should play something OTHER than Stay, give North Americans a treat from an album they've barely heard live.

If they do play Stay, I hope they don't wimp out and do an acoustic version. That song is truly beautiful full band and I'd be happy to see it if it is played that way.

Agreed totally. BTW, Stay hit #61 here in the US (if memory serves).

BTW, for at least one show on the Elevation Tour, Stay was performed with an electric guitar, not an acoustic guitar. :wink:

Axver said:

Personally, I don't even have a problem with static sets as long as the set is GOOD.

Now that's something different! :wink:

I'll agree on the narcoleptic factor of Stay. Two things can save it, though: 1). The crowd goes nuts when "New Orleans" is mentioned, though it's not so early in the song, or 2). A kick-ass lightshow behind it...though it'd be sad if they've got to rely on the lightshow. We'll see how it goes...

I actually like 'Stay' regardless... so I am looking forward to hear it live... regardless of whether it is acoustic or electric.

:rockon:

Why not doing a cover of Madonna's Like a Virgin?

I will bet we see the early songs (An cat dubh) etc go, fo rthe later songs from ATYCLB.

That said, I beg all the powers that be that any of these 'new' songs replace 'ONE.'

Please

Please

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom