Well we still don't know if they're playing stadiums... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2004, 01:34 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 08:54 PM
I was just thinking of a third option:

Play to shorter stadium configurations or Baseball parks.
(Springsteen has done this before, and I think the Stones
have done a ballpark or two as well.)

This way they could add a viable third idea to attendance options. (this is for N. America, where the venues are pretty similar) With arenas you pretty much get 14 to 18 thousand people in 90% of all end stage configurations. With stadiums, most will hold 40 to 60 thousand with an end stage. If you shorten the football stadium seating chart or add a ballpark, you could play the 25 - 45 range more often, which I think would fit nicely in a Colorado or Ohio situation.

Or they could play stadiums everywhere if they would just tier the ticket prices as 80.00 for premium seats, 50.00 for mid and 35.00 for nosebleeds. I really don't know why more acts don't do this, I think a 80.00 for premium and 65.00 for nosebleed type pricing system is really unfair. Diehards don't want to sit at the back and fair weather fans don't want to pay a months rent to sit ten miles from the stage...

Old 05-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim

Give him a break..it's not difficult find bits if information if you are in the right place at the right time. All this 'Edge's cousin' stuff is boring and to suggest that anybody who has 'information' is a liar is damn rude.

I took the time last year to report to these pages news on the new album from a conversation that I had with Paul McGuinness and I had enough 'Edge's cousin's brother' comments and snide little responses (for which the undertones suggested that I was making it up) to make sure that I won't bother in future.

Sure there will always be bullshitters out there, but give people the benefit of the doubt rather than throwing your toys out of the pram anytime somebody suggests they have 'insider' news!
The new guy is playing that same coy bullshit game that others like to play. "I know something you don't know and I'm going to hint and not tell you my sources." I hate that coy crap. If you know something for sure, then spill it and name your sources. If you can't name your sources, then you shouldn't be telling secrets anyway.

Old 05-20-2004, 01:50 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

i think they should play my backyard... and martha is right. and i'm not just saying that because i'm her personal ass warmer
Old 05-20-2004, 01:53 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i think they should play my backyard
That would be cool. Could I come?
Old 05-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

only if you bring the beer
Old 05-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Sorry, I'm out then. I want them to play my backyard too.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #52
War Child

OK, I've figured it out. It's a three step process:

1. Martha needs to come up with a really big backyard with high fences and plenty of Johny On The Jobs.

2. We start a "U2 needs to play Martha's backyard" petition and send it to the band with all the interference folks on it. U2 instantly sees the need to play some strangers backyard and agrees to do it.

3. Spring '05 We have the "Martha's Backyard Band Blowout" headlined by U2 and sponsored by Interference.

The only real questions to figure out are 1. Who will open the show and 2. What will Martha be grilling for us?
Old 05-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by tkramer
OK, I've figured it out. It's a three step process:

1. Martha needs to come up with a really big backyard with high fences and plenty of Johny On The Jobs.

2. We start a "U2 needs to play Martha's backyard" petition and send it to the band with all the interference folks on it. U2 instantly sees the need to play some strangers backyard and agrees to do it.

3. Spring '05 We have the "Martha's Backyard Band Blowout" headlined by U2 and sponsored by Interference.

The only real questions to figure out are 1. Who will open the show and 2. What will Martha be grilling for us?
I'm in. Can someone please pay for my ticket? I'm a cheap bastard.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #54
War Child

Pay? Mr. Fly, we ain't paying for nothing. We're band security. We have to follow them all around Marthas and make sure Sting2 doesn't mug them for pictures more than twice.

(And more on topic, doesn't anyone else here think it would be cool to see U2 at a ballpark? Or is that nuts? I've never done a ballpark concert before...)
Old 05-20-2004, 03:16 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
2. What will Martha be grilling for us?
My baby will grill vegetarian knockwurst and hot dogs, Headache will keep my ass warm (but SoCal is warm anyway), and I'll bake cakes and cookies for all of us.

But I thought Headache was the one who has a backyard available?
Old 05-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #56
Blue Crack Distributor

that's what i thought too
Old 05-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #57
War Child

You know you're right, Headache was the one with yard space. Am I high? Maybe I'm high. Well, then is it ok if we move the show? Or, Or, we could do TWO SHOWS! YEAH!
Old 05-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
You know you're right, Headache was the one with yard space. Am I high? Maybe I'm high. Well, then is it ok if we move the show? Or, Or, we could do TWO SHOWS! YEAH!
You probably still high. U2 would never do two shows on two different backyards. I think it would be a one-time thing. Maybe they can pay for my ticket... or stop by with their own airplane where I leave and take me to the show. Yeah I can see that happening.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:06 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier

Two shows, one on each coast!
Old 05-20-2004, 06:32 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

One show in each continent then. Yes, the one in my continent will be on my backyard. Welcome U2. Everybody is invited. I need a new guitar. Edge should give me a Goldtop and maybe I should join them on stage for a song or two. I can see that happening too.