well guys there is hope for one tree hill....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Would Love U2 to Play
‘Threw A Brick Through A Window’ or ‘Twilight’. One of the most difficult songs I find to listen to – for personal reasons - is ‘One Tree Hill’ and I think I would love to hear that from the stage because of the friendship I had with Greg Carroll. I’d probably cry my eyes out too. I’m sure as the tour progresses we might get to it.

;) from Joe O’Herlihy

KUEFC09U2 said:
Would Love U2 to Play
‘Threw A Brick Through A Window’ or ‘Twilight’. One of the most difficult songs I find to listen to – for personal reasons - is ‘One Tree Hill’ and I think I would love to hear that from the stage because of the friendship I had with Greg Carroll. I’d probably cry my eyes out too. I’m sure as the tour progresses we might get to it.

;) from Joe O’Herlihy

I love One Tree Hill. whos Greg Caroll?

Re: Re: well guys there is hope for one tree hill....

thetitans2k said:

I love One Tree Hill. whos Greg Caroll?

The guy whose death inspired the song.

Greg was a New Zealander (a Maori actually) who became involved with the band during the Unforgettable Fire tour there in '84. He would go on to become Bono's "personal roadie"*, but was killed in a road accident during The Joshua Tree's recording while on an errand for Bono.

I'm pretty sure it's he who can be seen running around like a madman fixing mic stands and untangling cables, as Bono ran all over the place during Live Aid.

* as written in 'Conspiracy of Hope' - Dave Bowler & Bryan Dray

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom