We still love our boys, right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiLJennie

The Fly
...it's just the management that we are pissed at...right?

Remember the music....that is the one thing that matters most. And don't give up yet, there are still plenty of chances of getting tickets.

Now I will go ahead and send this, and watch the "SHUT THE F*** UP, JENNIE!" posts flood in....lol

I am with you Jennie! i love the album and can't wait to see the show they are better than ever!!!! but i was a lucky one this morning to get my tickets!

I love U2, but i have not plenty of chances of getting tickets. I am from Brazil, my chances was pre sale ( whith 2 codes, i subscribed U2.com for to go to 2 shows), now Ticketmaster for general sale.
And I have not box sales here for U2 concerts.
Sad, so sad!
:(

I am with you Jennie!!!

I jumped on line this morning - to see how the ticket sales went in Europe. Figured - what a friggin nightmare. Why stress my self out. I made a few phone calls and now I am getting club box seats. It pays to work for a large company. Plus I would do anything to see the boys.

Everything that is involved in U2, be it management, promotion, ticketing, is effectively a part of U2 (in my humble opinion). This is a band who claim to respect their fans, yet the U2 machine has let them down dreadfully today.

I am pissed at the band, especially as McGuinness who has often been referred to as the 5th member, should have enough business accumen by now to avoid these kinds of mistakes.

The ticketing problems aside, ticket costs are a joke and the band are quite clearly now in this for the cash as much as the music. With that kind of mentality, using organisations like Ticketmaster (reknowned for their crappiness) was a one-way ticket to disaster.

Moreover, dropping Propaganda and replacing it with the subscription, was nothing more than a means to print their own money. Thus proven by their advertising assaults of late, hinting that it's better to sign up and get presale tix as opposed to waiting for a general sale.

But you go right ahead loving them Jennie - nobody has the right to give you a hard time for it! :wink:

shy said:
I love U2, but i have not plenty of chances of getting tickets. I am from Brazil, my chances was pre sale ( whith 2 codes, i subscribed U2.com for to go to 2 shows), now Ticketmaster for general sale.
And I have not box sales here for U2 concerts.
Sad, so sad!

well, chin up...like I said in another thread...it ain't over 'til the sexy Irishman sings! Where there is a will, there is a way.

Propaganda worked with great seats to fans. U2.com brings in $4 million to sell the worst seats in the house. All about money.

I'm with you, Jennie. I know the band isn't 100% blameless in this, but I still love them and their music. I refuse to let Ticketmaster's fuckup taint my love for U2.

If Bono killed kittens, I'd still love U2. I'd be pretty bloody hard for me to hate U2 even if I wanted to... I'm just kinda pissed off in general right now, though I'm also just happy I get to go see them at all. If I didn't like U2 I wouldn't go to their concert :p

If Bono killed kittens

I wouldn't

Beginning to rethink my whole 20+ years love affair right now, sometimes one has to move on.

reading that up there, thanks for that, looks like it will be getting out to the news media, they will have to do an absolutely incredible job on this weekend to make up for this. u2.con (great thanks to whoever came up with that) has a lot of 'splaining to do.

Last edited:
The problem is Ticketmaster is corrupt (we all know that). So this is mainly their fault.

BUT EVERYONE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE KNOWS THAT. Including U2 and Principle.

Instead they just choose to ignore the corruption and let their fans get screwed over...so I blame them too.

stevec said:
Everything that is involved in U2, be it management, promotion, ticketing, is effectively a part of U2 (in my humble opinion). This is a band who claim to respect their fans, yet the U2 machine has let them down dreadfully today.

I am pissed at the band, especially as McGuinness who has often been referred to as the 5th member, should have enough business accumen by now to avoid these kinds of mistakes.

The ticketing problems aside, ticket costs are a joke and the band are quite clearly now in this for the cash as much as the music. With that kind of mentality, using organisations like Ticketmaster (reknowned for their crappiness) was a one-way ticket to disaster.

Moreover, dropping Propaganda and replacing it with the subscription, was nothing more than a means to print their own money. Thus proven by their advertising assaults of late, hinting that it's better to sign up and get presale tix as opposed to waiting for a general sale.

But you go right ahead loving them Jennie - nobody has the right to give you a hard time for it! :wink:

I really noticed how much U2 were in it for the money when I walked into the clarence after christmas and the album was on sale there, talk about trying to suck as much money out of the fans as possible, I couldn't believe my eyes. :|

Jennie, I love U2's music but I can't help but feel very letdown by them, they have lost a lot of my respect recently.

I still love U2 just as much as I ever did but they REALLY need to open their eyes and see what's going on around them.

Whether this can be blamed on Ticketmaster, U2.com, Fanfire, PM or all of them, who knows? But in the end, U2 sign the paychecks (so to speak) and should do whatever it takes to stop the downward spiral their reputations are taking thanks to those they've trusted to run things for them.

Sorry, Jennie....

this is not Ticketmaster....although not entirely blameless, they at least have the excuse of always screwing things up (so this is par for the course with them). U2 and their management should shoulder total responsibilty for this debacle....after 20 years, this is the last time for me. Unless U2 do something to make this mess right, and prove themselves to be a band for the people as they proclaim themselves to be, then I am moving on. After today, U2 could play my back yard, and I wouldn't care....

Ideally - what really screwed everybody is the subscription sign-up. Ticketbastard is set-up to prevent automatic purchasing of tickets, but easily a ticket broker could purchase multiple subscriptions and therefore, purchase multiple tickets by using multiple people, of course.

U2.com could have evaluated if in fact the memberships were legit (ie. membership address and charge card address verifications). But should have, could have, would have. Just my opinion.

I still love the music and the band!!

Why on earth...

... do you think U2 'love their fans'?

You're living in a dream world. It's big business and they are marketed. You like their music then fine - buy the cd, go to the show - expect them to put on a good show - and that's it.

Don't expect them to 'love' you more than any other band 'love' their fans - it's plain nonsense.

They've got big egos, Bono's got the biggest of the lot and all they are trying to do is the biggest grossing tour this year - to massage the egos. Whye else the high ticket prices, why the sucking an extra $20/$40 from fans pockets in the vain hope of getting a decent ticket, why the VIP seating at inflated prices, why the expensive memorabilia.

They are just the same as The Stones, Robbie Williams and all the other stadium bands.

Achtung Ya'll said:
The problem is Ticketmaster is corrupt (we all know that). So this is mainly their fault.

BUT EVERYONE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE KNOWS THAT. Including U2 and Principle.

Instead they just choose to ignore the corruption and let their fans get screwed over...so I blame them too.

I still love them and their music, yes. But I can't help agreeing with what is said above. There is no way on earth that the band haven't heard about what's going on here... but we're still getting kicked in the arse by Ticketmaster.

What saddens me is that U2.com, in all it's uselessness, is the band's official website: therefore, it automatically represents them.

So, I don't blame the guys themselves - but if they are well aware that that their official site is pissing all over their fans, and electing not to do anything about it, then I'm just gutted.

AtomicBono said:
If Bono killed kittens, I'd still love U2.

:ohmy::huh: :ohmy::ohmy:Can't see Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest as a kitten killer. No thanks.

Last edited:
I don't know how big videoscreens U2 have to buy for this tour to make up for this crap... Something that dwarfs the Popmart screen, at least.

People are upset exactly because they love U2 so much. The bigger the love, the greater the disappointment when things don't go right.

I think our collective expectations were very high...but not unfairly.

Still, i'll continue to love the band and its music. I'd like to think this whole thing is more due to neglect, perhaps passivity, rather than all-out greed or uncaring. I'm hoping the band members didn't really pay too close attention to what management was saying how the pre-sale will be handled. The band members should be kicking some PM ass right about now, and think up ways of making things up. Add more dates, etc.

Bono's American Wife said:
I still love U2 just as much as I ever did but they REALLY need to open their eyes and see what's going on around them.

Whether this can be blamed on Ticketmaster, U2.com, Fanfire, PM or all of them, who knows? But in the end, U2 sign the paychecks (so to speak) and should do whatever it takes to stop the downward spiral their reputations are taking thanks to those they've trusted to run things for them.

:up:

Queen Bee, this is off-topic, but your sig is classic. lol! I just got my keychain in the mail yesterday, and that's exactly what I was thinking.

Bono's American Wife said:

I don't even have a fucking keychain. $40 down the gurgler.

The irony is that to make myself feel better, I'm listening to a U2 bootleg.

you know, U2 is not completely blameless. but there is only so much they can do. it bothers me A LOT that people are rethinking their love of U2. we're here for the music. FIRST. and at least they write their own music and work hard to bring us that music (i.e. tours). unfortunately, some people dont think beyond what they want. PM, u2.com, and ticketmaster are the people we should be blaming and getting mad at.
bono, edge, larry, and adam may not LOVE us, but they LOVE what they do. and thats to bring music to their fans. if it gets screwed up along the way, well deal with it. do the best you can, be happy with what you have.

I'm sorry. I love the music, love the band, love the songs and the visions it espouses.

However, this little fiasco made me rethink my "personal" relationship with the U2 machine. This could have been handled better.
I've been a fan since Unforgettable Fire and U2's music has been the soundtrack of my adult life.

But maybe, maybe it is about the money after all.

Back
Top Bottom