was there booing at MSG last night??..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
just found this on u2tours

"I hate to admit it, but i was totally disappointed with last night's show. The band sounded awful, and Bono's performance was unimaginative and uninspiring. I think the low point of the concert came when Bono was caught lip-synchronizing. Many in the garden crowd started booing."

now that concerns me

KUEFC09U2 said:
just found this on u2tours

"I hate to admit it, but i was totally disappointed with last night's show. The band sounded awful, and Bono's performance was unimaginative and uninspiring. I think the low point of the concert came when Bono was caught lip-synchronizing. Many in the garden crowd started booing."

now that concerns me

Oh God, not the whole lip synching/Miracle Drug line thing again :sigh:.

Maybe it should be printed on concert tickets in big bold letters:

EDGE SINGS A LINE IN MIRACLE DRUG YOU DOOFUSES!!!

:banghead:

thank you, I feel better now :sigh:

No booing as far as I can tell. The crowd was great, and as far as I can tell, enjoyed the show. Four shows in Five nights... even I need a rest! :wink:

There was no instance of Bono being caught lip-synching. As for the post on u2tours.com, some ppl are just idiots... that doesn't mean you tell them that to their face.

I think booking 5 shows in a week in New York was a bit much for U2. Being the U2 freaks that we are and seeing the setlist so far in NY, I would be a bit dissapointed if I purchased tickets to most of the shows. They were mixing it up more during the first leg.

i have seen u2 21 times in concert.

1. they make far too many mistakes and alterations to songs for lipsynching to be feasible. (i.e. having to start 11 o clock tick tock over in chicago in 2001, forgetting the words to walk on... mumbling words for the Electric Co... etc)
2. bono never sounds the same. the miracle drug thing blows my mind, because if anyone was really paying attention, they would realize that edge sings a heafty load of the lyrics for a ton or songs... and he does sing the "in science and in medicine, I was a stranger you took me in" part.... and bono ALWAYS lowers his mic when this part arrives and watches the edge.

this theorizing about them not really singing is completely without merit. anyone who has truly paid attention to them when they perform would know that.

i'd boo too, cause i would have thought i bought a ticket to a u2 concert - not a broadway show.

Zoomerang96 said:
i'd boo too, cause i would have thought i bought a ticket to a u2 concert - not a broadway show.
dont think you have bought a ticket to any show this year have you? and personally ZooTv was much more of a "broadway" show than vertigo ever was

I'm still trying to figure out how Vertigo is a "broadway show". They haven't mixed up their sets this much sinse Lovetown for chrissakes.

Nearly the entire crowd booed at the recent Vancouver show(4/28)

Of course, this was only because Bono mentioned the words "Paul Martin".

u2fp

Lancemc said:
I'm still trying to figure out how Vertigo is a "broadway show". They haven't mixed up their sets this much sinse Lovetown for chrissakes.
simply because they arent playing the songs zoomerang wants them to play

heich

no no no

so they do mix it up...minimally.

more so than zootv or pop? of course...but only slightly. they're capable of doing so much more.

and don't think that i don't think the setlists of the 90's tours are above criticscm either.

MrBrau1 said:

They did Oklahoma?

no, it's "elevation revisted". vertigo, or something was the word they used to describe it, can't remember for sure. all i know is that the term was almost identical in essense to elevation. lack of ideas?

of course not.

u2 7ust really likes getting HIGH on life!

:happy:

Zoomerang96 said:
heich

no no no

so they do mix it up...minimally.

more so than zootv or pop? of course...but only slightly. they're capable of doing so much more.

and don't think that i don't think the setlists of the 90's tours are above criticscm either.
but why do so much more when its worked for them all these years? and they are still attracting newer fans, so why stop all that?

Zoomerang96 said:

no, it's "elevation revisted". vertigo, or something was the word they used to describe it, can't remember for sure. all i know is that the term was almost identical in essense to elevation. lack of ideas?

of course not.

u2 7ust really likes getting HIGH on life!

:happy:
hmm i could point many differences between this tour and last, but you already know about them,

so anyway how many shows have you been to this year? me i only went to one, and that was on the stadium leg, oh wait, the elevation tour didnt have a stadium leg did it?

if people are attracted by u2 cause of songs like stuck in a moment, walk on, elevation, vertigo, all because of you, etc., then my money is on these same people attending the matchbox twenty and green day concerts taking place a few days later.

enough said re: that.

KUEFC09U2 said:
hmm i could point many differences between this tour and last, but you already know about them,

so anyway how many shows have you been to this year? me i only went to one, and that was on the stadium leg, oh wait, the elevation tour didnt have a stadium leg did it?

no shows. u2 hasn't come within 6 hours of where i live since 1997, and i certainly don't need to relive the show i saw in 01.

i knew every song that was about to be played, and the lack of any surprise whatsoever sucked. most stale setlist ever (minneapolis, see for yourself).

elevation played outdoors a couple of times, big deal. u2 only played outdoor venues so they could get out of that continent faster...and back into the arms of america where they feel quite comfortable.

Zoomerang96 said:
if people are attracted by u2 cause of songs like stuck in a moment, walk on, elevation, vertigo, all because of you, etc., then my money is on these same people attending the matchbox twenty and green day concerts taking place a few days later.

ah now were getting back to this whole "opinion" debate, whats the difference between people getting into U2 because of them songs, or people getting into U2 because of sunday blooday sunday, pride, streets, one, etc? all U2 songs, yes you might think there of a better quality than the ones you mentioned, but not everyone will see it that way, or they will get into U2 for the songs you mentioned, and hear the "classics" and like them better

its all down to opinions, but you seem to make your opinions into facts of life

Zoomerang96 said:

no shows. u2 hasn't come within 6 hours of where i live since 1997, and i certainly don't need to relive the show i saw in 01.

i knew every song that was about to be played, and the lack of any surprise whatsoever sucked. most stale setlist ever (minneapolis, see for yourself).

elevation played outdoors a couple of times, big deal. u2 only played outdoor venues so they could get out of that continent faster...and back into the arms of america where they feel quite comfortable.
ok name me some songs that got you into the band, am pretty sure there are a few of which they play on this tour? and if so why shouldnt someone getting into the band for the first time, get to hear these songs?

Zoomerang96 said:

Please don't mention matchbox twenty in any discussion thread. Please. Vanilla empty radio pop for fools with no need to hear songs about something. Even without the vacuum of talent in that group, Rob Thomas should be shamed for aiding in the sellout of Santana. Santana should be ashamed for associating with Rob Thomas.

- end of rant -

Kuef, you know what I don't understand, there are 15 reviews up for this show. 12 of them said the show was absolutely fantastic. 3 people weren't impressed and 1 of those was the idiot that talked about the lyp synching. Why did you focus on the 1 idiot?

(I don't consider the other 2 that gave bad reviews idiots because they just didn't like the show.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom