Was MSG 1 the show with most HTDAAB songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
City, Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes, Love and Peace, Fast Cars, ABOY, Crumbs, and Yahweh...that's 9/12. Has there been a show with this many Bomb songs? As of now only AMAAW and One Step haven't been played on this tour, not that i'd bet on either of these being played.

Yes, this is the most HTDAAB songs played at a show, but this isn't the first time. 2005-09-21 also saw nine separate HTDAAB songs (OOTS instead of Crumbs).

thanks axver...knew you'd know the answer...any guesses if we'll ever get 10?
another question among these lines, tonight only one AB song was played, One. Am i the only one who finds this a shame?

blueyedpoet said:
thanks axver...knew you'd know the answer...any guesses if we'll ever get 10?
another question among these lines, tonight only one AB song was played, One. Am i the only one who finds this a shame?

I think we could see ten. On Popmart, they played ten Pop songs (plus HMTMKMKM) at some shows, most notably the opening night (the only show with a complete IGWSHA). Ten HTDAAB songs is not out of the question in my opinion.

And no, you're not the only one who finds it a shame, though I personally think it's fantastic. Shame the one AB song is one of its weaker numbers, though. I would not object to the return of The Fly or UTEOTW.

Axver said:
I think we could see ten. On Popmart, they played ten Pop songs (plus HMTMKMKM) at some shows, most notably the opening night (the only show with a complete IGWSHA). Ten HTDAAB songs is not out of the question in my opinion.

And don't forget about the Zoo TV Tour, where they played ten Achtung Baby songs. For the first 2 legs, U2 even opened with a string of 8 songs from that album.

Popmartijn said:

And don't forget about the Zoo TV Tour, where they played ten Achtung Baby songs. For the first 2 legs, U2 even opened with a string of 8 songs from that album.

and that, ladies and gentleman, is why zootv is the greatest tour ever :drool:

Popmartijn said:

I think I'm the only person here who would rather forget. :wink:

Chizip said:

and that, ladies and gentleman, is why zootv is the greatest tour ever :drool:

Agreed, Had to have been there to experience it. ZOO TV was the best tour IMHO. I'm sure anyone that experienced ZOO TV will agree that the whole expereince at the time was mind blowing.

You know, I've wondered which is the better way of doing things - spreading the new songs out, as they're doing on this tour, or doing them all in a row at the start...imagine if they opened with

City
Vertigo
All Because of You
Fast Cars
Original of the Species
Crumbs From Your Table
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else

.... sure, it shows faith in the album, but it tends to be hugely limiting to the other songs they can pick (which was a problem with the ZOO shows, actually - thematically there was only so many things they could put after the Achtung set - it was either going to be an acoustic number or a big single).

Axver said:

Perhaps not out of the question, but certainly breaking trend. For all the post-lovetown U2 tours...actually, scratch that, I think techically we can include Lovetown in this because of Hawkmoon's disappearance...they tend to play less songs off the current album as the tour goes on

ZooTV - Wild Horses and Tryin to Throw are no longer staples, and So Cruel disappears altogether by the European outdoor leg

Popmart - Do You Feel Loved, If God Will Send, Miami all gone by leg 3

Elevation - In A Little While is dropped, some second leg shows only had four ATYCLB songs

Vertigo - Fast Cars and Crumbs From Your Table added, nothing dropped... hmm, that's unusual. But great.

Tommycharles, on the whole, you make good points. Just one correction. :) Before the introduction of Kite in late April 2001, all Elevation shows had 5+ ATYCLB songs, and after the introduction of Kite, every show had the first five ATYCLB tracks (except one, where Bono left before Walk On, but it had 5 ATYCLB songs anyway). New York missed a few shows on the second leg and that's where you find the shows with only 5 ATYCLB songs, along with the one with Bono's premature departure. And on the third leg, they did introduce Peace On Earth, albeit in abbreviated form.

And we shouldn't look past the introduction of Zooropa songs to ZooTV - that's what caused TTTYAATW's absence during part of the fourth leg.

I just got the If God Will Send His Angels from PopMart Vegas, and I like it a lot

I wonder why it was dropped...:shrug:

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Bono left before walk on? when did that happen?

2001-08-12, Manchester. This show was one during the last days of Bob Hewson's life so Bono was quite emotional, and if I remember correctly, there were technical difficulties during One so in frustration, Bono walked off and didn't return.

Axver said:

2001-08-12, Manchester. This show was one during the last days of Bob Hewson's life so Bono was quite emotional, and if I remember correctly, there were technical difficulties during One so in frustration, Bono walked off and didn't return.

I was at that show and knew nothing about Bono walking off until recently. It was my first U2 show.

Back
Top Bottom