Was any performance of 'One Tree Hill' filmed for the iMax movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately, the answer is no.

Hopefully the 3D movie will at least include either or both of Mothers Of The Disappeared and Fast Cars.

coolian2 said:
I'm just hoping one performance of OTH was recorded for B-side use later on.

If they used the one from Auckland II, it would be the best live b-side ever. :drool:

(Until they finally get around to using the 1989-12-26 version at least!)

Hey guys when do u think this imax show will be ready??

I need something to look forward to again after the tour is finished :drool:

Cheers Guys

Axver said:

If they used the one from Auckland II, it would be the best live b-side ever. :drool:

(Until they finally get around to using the 1989-12-26 version at least!)

You know, One Tree Hill from Auckland I is pretty damn alright too, but Bono doesn't drag the "And when its raining, raining hard, thats when the rain will break my heart" as painfully as he does Auckland II.

No OTH performance will top Auckland II. I'm willing to back that argument up by sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling.

coolian2 said:

You know, One Tree Hill from Auckland I is pretty damn alright too, but Bono doesn't drag the "And when its raining, raining hard, thats when the rain will break my heart" as painfully as he does Auckland II.

No OTH performance will top Auckland II. I'm willing to back that argument up by sticking my fingers in my ears and yelling.

I maintain that 1989-12-26 is better, but Auckland II is right there in second place. I've never felt such powerful emotions at a concert. The last couple of minutes were absolutely devastating.

Axver said:

I maintain that 1989-12-26 is better, but Auckland II is right there in second place. I've never felt such powerful emotions at a concert. The last couple of minutes were absolutely devastating.

I didn't cry at the time - i was too busy singing. But every time i hear that recording of One Tree Hill it tears me up.

coolian2 said:

I didn't cry at the time - i was too busy singing. But every time i hear that recording of One Tree Hill it tears me up.

I sung on the first night. I completely cracked at "when it's raining" on the second.

Best thing I've seen live ever. The only remotely comparable moment I have is the Finn Brothers closing their concert in Brisbane last year with a performance of Better Be Home Soon dedicated to Paul Hester. That was very powerful too.

Axver said:

First, I've got to dig around and see if I have the 1989 version.
Second, between the 2 recent Auckland shows, I thought that the first night was better musically. The second night, Bono got very emotional, which is great to see, but I don't think it translates as well to a recording.
One Tree Hill was the reason we traveled to NZ to see U2 play, and it was a big factor in why we traveled there for the first time back in 1998. We were so lucky to be treated to not only beautiful performances of the song, but also 2 nights of perhaps the best crowds of the tour.
Just fantastic.

Mark---stay tuned for a recording of Auckland I at U2torrents. :drool:

Axver said:

Lovetown? :( Well Jt or Vertigo, well Vertigo.

Axver said:

I would have to agree. The December 26th Dublin version is the best. I dont think they will ever top that version of it. The end was perfect, Bono going off on the vocals and Edge going off with the guitar solo.

I have heard the Auckland versions and I think they are pretty good. Considering they didnt do alot of rehearsal on them I was impressed. Its obviously more emotional and personal if you were there. But just listening bootleg wise I think there are several versions on Lovetown and Joshua Tree that were as good if not better.

I was always a fan of the 89-12-26 Dublin Version. But my favorite now is 87-11-22 Austin, it is emotional right from the beginning as Bono announcess who the song is for..and both Bono and Edge put in thier best efforts at the end.

stagman said:
I was always a fan of the 89-12-26 Dublin Version. But my favorite now is 87-11-22 Austin, it is emotional right from the beginning as Bono announcess who the song is for..and both Bono and Edge put in thier best efforts at the end.

Well JT version over LT, but the first Auckland is best in my opinion. Bono's Vertigo voice does fit the song perfect, yesterday I listend to the album version that made me think that the Vertigo voice fits its best.

Back
Top Bottom