Wanted: Share Your Ticket Stories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Wanted: Share Your Ticket Stories!

With so many fans and so few tickets, the only means of obtaining tickets for those without them is to enter competitions, pay extortionate prices on eBay or try and get on the bill as a support act. Some of those means are obviously more feasible than others but there must be a wide range of tales from people who have got tickets without spending mornings or afternoons on
the computer or telephone. What Interference.com wants to know is how you or someone you know got a ticket (apart from by conventional means). If you paid money for the ticket, do you regret paying "over the odds" and has it tainted your vision of the band?

Your experiences will be used in an upcoming Interference.com story. Please include in your posts permission to quote you or contact you for follow up.

Thanks!!

Well, I think my experience was a lot smoother than a lot of other people's.

I decided I didn't want to buy the $40 U2.com membership, and that I'd press my luck with the general sale. Now, it seems like a $40 well saved. Anyway, back when the spring shows were getting ready to go on sale, I figured I'd try getting Philly tickets amd if I couldn't get those, I'd try MSG two days later.

So the day of the sale comes, and I have a Ticketmaster account all set up...and I refresh the ticket page directly at 10 AM...boom...tickets are on sale, so there's no way I can mess this up since I got right in. I immediately go for GAs, and nothing at all. Keep in mind, my computer clock STILL reads 10 AM, and there are no GAs. I figure, well, maybe they didn't drop them in yet. I try on those for the next 5 minutes...still nothing.

I decide to switch my focus just to any seats in the house at that point, and put 'best available' for everything. 1 try. 2 tries. 3 tries. Nothing! But then, I hit paydirt...two seats...but they're behind the stage. I decide to pass and try again. Stupid move there. I keep trying for a few more minutes...and nothing at all is showing up. I'm kicking myself in the head at this point. Then, I see another Philly show go on sale! I try that one...and no luck at all. So I switch back to the original (5/14)...and I'm very upset because I'm thinking I lost my chance.

Then, finally, at 11:27 (God, I'm wondering how they still had ANY tickets at that time), I come up with two tickets to the 5/14 Philly show. Behind the stage again, but do you think I really care this time? I immediately grab them, and dance with joy at the thought of attending my first U2 concert.

Long story , and I apologize for that. I see that the original post says that the stories "should be apart from conventional means," but I think that pulling tickets an hour and a half later for a U2 concert kind of qualifies as VERY lucky and out of the ordinary.

You have my permission to quote, as well!

Last edited:
I felt I had no choice in the matter at all. Even if I had membership, I still would've been screwed and I knew before hadn that it would happen. Paying what I did to see the shows I did on e-bay may set my CC back a bit but it is creating memories with others that will be priceless.

You have my permission ... cpavia@sas.upenn.edu

Here's a very lucky one.

I signed up for u2.com and got my pre-sale code back in January. I'm a longtime fan but I've never joined Propaganda. So I paid my 40 bucks and was ready for the pre-sale. I was lucky enough to get ONE GA ticket to NJ 5/18. I kept trying for two and nothing came up, so I tried for one and BINGO.

Along comes to the second pre-sale. I was really annoyed I didn't buy an additional u2.com account seeing that Larry was going fix everything and such. Being an extremely persistant person who doesn't settle for mediocre tickets I decided to give fanfire a call (at that point I had acquired 7 GA's through ticketmaster for different shows). As a u2.com member I was entitled try for a PAIR of tickets, but I had only purchased one. I asked them if I could buy one more in the next pre-sale. At first they said no. Called back, they say yes I could buy one more. They never gie me a code. I call back and they say I can't, I speak to another representative who then says maybe I could. Finally someone say's that they'd email me with a final answer. I get an email that night saying that I was a propaganda member who had purchased tickets in the last pre-sale and my code was reactivated. I'm not a prop member but I had purchased a ticket for NJ in the last pre-sale. I guess they put me in the category of prop membership in order to reactivate my code since I had bought a ticket. So now not only was I able to buy another ticket in the next pre-sale, but I was able to buy TWO and during the Prop pre-sale. Needless to say, I easily purchased two GA's to the Saturday MSG show!! Persistance pays off. I was on the phone with them for hours and sent many emails. Finally they took care of me, in a great way!

During the general sale I brought about ten people with me to one of the libraries here at the Univ. of Pennsylvania to get tickets to the NY/NJ shows. We all were shut out! My parents home in New Jersey, however, scored two GA's to the second night in New Jersey!!!

You have my permission to use any part of the following, if you care to read it...Yes I know it's long.

As has always been the case with me, I found out about the first leg of the Vertigo tour a day too late. U2.com was no longer giving presale codes to new members. Needless to say, when the general on-sale occurred, I was shut out of the MSG shows, (I live half an hour north of New York in Connecticut) as well as any other nearby venues.

Sure that the band would announce a fall leg sooner or later, I visited U2.com and Ticketmaster at least once a day thereafter to make sure I didn't miss anything. Five weeks later, I finally found what I was looking for (no pun intended): the dates for the fall leg had been announced, and they were ...hmm... very spaced out. I was pretty sure that meant extra shows.

The presales for the Propaganda and U2.com members came and went, and finally public on sale dates were announced. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where I'll be living come October, so I had no choice but to try anything and everything possible. At 9:58am on March 14th, I began firing away at Ticketmaster from three different computers (i only used one in January...and three meant I could try three different venues/dates at once). I struck out in Boston and one show in Philly, but landed two section 104 (!) tickets for the Sunday 10/16 show. $160 each is a lot, but as it was my first score at Ticketmaster, I didn't have to think twice. While randomly trying other venues that morning, the 12/4 Boston show went up, where I got shut out of GA seats on one of my computers. Meanwhile, another computer which was auto-refreshing (simple HTML script) the U2 artist page at Ticketmaster showed me that a 12/5 show was going to go on sale in 4 minutes. All three of my computers hit that show at 10:35 am, and the first one landed 2 GA seats! I got shut out on the other two, but who cares?!?! I was over the moon at this point, but you don't stop when you're on this kind of a roll, and out of the blue, I called the Toyota Center box office in Houston (my hometown, where I was told, perhaps erroneouly, perhaps accidentally, that there WERE STILL UNSOLD GA SEATS that would go on sale at 10am CT, 11am ET. It wouldn't surprise me if there were only two such GA seats left, but guess what? I got em through the Toyota Center website. I guess once the presale was over, the arena preferred their own website to Ticketmaster's, from where the show was pulled. It seemed that the gods were finally smiling upon me. I spent the rest of the weekend dreaming up a ideal set list and pinching myself, just to check.

On Monday, I was once again locked and loaded with only one objective in mind - MSG tickets...any day, any place in the building. The computers trying for 10/7 and 10/8 were shut out, but I somehow managed to get what I believe were the pick of my Ticketmaster crop: two seats in at the very front of section 308 (halfcourt!) for the 10/10 show. At a $100 each, they were a relative bargain ;-)

My personal computing triumverate will be launching a full-scale attack on Ticketmaster in the near future for the November MSG shows and the Hartford date. And I've resolved to sell any and all tickets I don't use to fans at face value. I loathe scalpers. I'm not going to debate the rights/wrongs of music piracy here, but in my opinion, making fans pay hundreds and even thousands of dollars for a nosebleed ticket is a hell of a lot worse than downloading the latest single online.

For those that want a summary, i.e. were understandably lazy to read the essay above:

2 Section 108 tickets - Philadelphia 10/16
2 GA tickets - Boston 12/05
2 GA tickets - Houston 10/28
2 Section 308 tickets - New York 10/10

The reality that I'm knee deep in credit card debt hasn't set in yet. I'm still floating around in my own private concert heaven.

My story isn't as dramatic as some, but I think it's worth telling all the same...

My friend and I wanted to go to the Elevation tour - but were unable to procure tickets for one reason or another. Since then we've sworn that their next tour would be the one we'd attend -- no matter where it was, no matter how pricey the seats...

So, when the Vertigo tour was announced, we were ecstatic. We live in the LA area and had numerous options (San Diego, Anaheim, LA) so we figured that we would probably end up with a seat somewhere. We are only 20/21, so are too young to ever really have been members of Propoganda and while we debated joining U2.com, we figured we'd just try our luck in the general sale.

The week leading up to the day of general sale was rather unpleasant. The stories we heard regarding the pre-sale debacle made us doubt the chances of our obtaining any ticket...

On the day of general sale, we were incredibly nervous. My parents were nervous for us! They offered to do a search on their computers and we'd buy the first tickets any of us found (We only had enough money for one show anyway).

When 10 am rolled around, we went to work - we tried for Anaheim (our first choice), best available, and our wait was less than a minute. We were surprised it seemed this easy - but then we got the dreaded "No Matches" message. We were shocked by this -- are they already sold out? HOW?!

We tried for LA, and again, got nothing. We even decided we'd skip classes(we're both in college) and drive 400 miles to see them in San Jose. Nothing there either.

By this time, it was hardly 10:05 am and we were growing very upset... How could we be shut out of all of these venues so early in the game? Just how many tickets were even available?! While we cursed the ticket brokers and eBayer's selling for more than face value, we were faced with the prospect that we many not get to see U2 this tour... It was infuriating because we have never seen them live and have been waiting years to get tickets - and it looked as if we weren't going to get any.

Fortunately, I had heard that they tend to offer more dates if a show sells out and LA had just added another date. We pounced upon that, and our wait was 5 minutes, then 8, then 6, then 10 (I wondered - virtual line cutting?!) and finally a different window popped up. Staples, 4-6-05, 100-Level, $171 each. Despite not knowing why seats not in the premium section and directly oppoite the stage were selling for full price - we quickly snagged them (we were shut-out of all other added dates at Anaheim and San Jose). At this point, we didn't care where we sat -- even if I was stuck looking at the band's back's all night -- I was going to a U2 concert.. So, we grabbed the tickets -- and basked in the surreal euphoria at having just purchased tickets (finally!) to our absolute favorite band.

The confirmation email was slow in coming, however, and we began to worry. My mind flashed back to horror stories of those who had gotten tickets, but then received an error when purchasing them. We wondered, had we actually secured the tickets or was there a fluke?! Well, eventually the email came, and the tickets are now printed and stored in a safe until the 6th.

We pondered buying "cheap" tickets (we're stereotypically poor college students and haven't recovered from spending $200 on our previous seats) to the LA shows in November, but are glad we didn't try -- I know of relavtively few who had any success in the general sale.

So, that's my story -- not the best seats - but hell, I'm inside and I'm going to see them - isn't that what counts?!

Oh, and you have permission to use any of this - if you so choose to.

Last edited:
On Monday as soon as it hit 9AM i got right on it for MSG 10/7 and after waiting a while i got these 179 dollar tickets that were nosebleeds and i declined and went back to look for a pair and i came up short so i went back and hit $54 dollars. I figured they were sold out but it kept me waiting and eventually 1 ticket for 54 bucks for section 118 popped up and i got lucky even though ill be kinda behind the stage. Its my first U2 concert so i cant wait!

My story is a big thank you to U2 and to the staff at the venues.

I've been a huge U2 fan since 1981 and I have seen them at the War, UF, JT, Zooropa & PopMart tours. I have been a paraplegic wheelchair user since a motorbike accident in 1987 (when I was 20 years old).

In the past I have stuggled to get tickets for the arena tours as some venues had a first come - first served policy which makes it very difficult for fans with a disablility to get tickets. Things have changed though, thanks to better public perception, more modern facilities and the internet.

When this tour was announced there was information available about how wheelchair/disabled fans should go about getting their tickets. There was a dedicated wheelchair/disabled booking number for each venue (that I wanted) which made it so much easier. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that U2 had put in place a 2 for 1 ticket policy meaning that my helper/guest did not have to pay for their ticket. I have attended over 100 concerts since 1987 and 2 for 1 is not normal policy in my experience.

The outcome is that I am going to Twickenham, Hampden & Cardiff in June and 2 x MSG shows in October. The October 8th show will be on my 39th birthday - it don't get much better than that for me ! :rockon:

A big thank you to U2 and the staff at the venues who sort out the disabled access in particular Michael from Madison Square Garden who was very helpful.

It's going to be a great year.:dancing:

Feel free to quote me.

I'm from Brazil, and my friend had a great chance in ET, she got tickets for Miami kick off, and stay in line, inside the Heart.
Ok, we are 3 friends now, all of us U2.com members, cause we were planning to go to USA kick off, 1st was Miami, very good for us, after San Diego. In the 1st pre sale we couldn't buy any tickets for any place, SD, Ane, LA, Boston or NJ, NY.
We tried the 1st pre sale for 3rd leg. Ours codes didn't exists from TM. We lost the Tampa pre sale, but fortunately, my friend got 2 GAs in general sale!!!!!!
We complained for all ways, until I emailed Cecilia Coffey, that reply me told me that pre sale was only to Mexico and USA.
Ours codes were reactiveted, and in the 2nd pre sale we got 4GAs for Miami, now, we have to trade 1 Miami GA for 1 Tampa GA.
We lost the 1st pre sale, we lost our U2.com members rights, and we couldn't buy what we wanted.
I think that exists a litlle prejudice whith non North Americans and Non Europeuns fans and countries. I would like very much that all of you learn more for others countries, especially the U2 team.
Thanks,
Pat - Brazil, South America

You have permision to quote!

Here's mine: I didn't get one! I'm not going to! U2's tour people decided not to include Edmonton and I'm too poor to go elsewhere and I'm going to miss yet another tour and I'm so angry I could hate everyone right now!! :mad: I'm really trying not to think about it too much and focus on school and my children, but once news of their concerts come out (and like I'll really be able to stay away from here!) I'll be sooo much more upset!!! :scream:

Sorry, just had to get it out.:sad:

I just bought a side-stage single ticket for 4-9-5 in San Jose on E-bay for *below face value*. I am extremely pleased since my airfare (fly in Saturday and back out Sunday) is more like what the usual scalpers are asking.
That said, I think that U2 needs its own ticket service. Words cannot describe how frustrating it is to try for tickets on Ticketmaster.
If Bono can start a non-profit the caliber of DATA, they certainly can follow the lead of fan-centered-bands as diverse as Fugazi and the Grateful Dead (including "tapers' tickets" right by the souund board) and make their tickets much more affordable and much more accessible and do it without so many creeps cutting in on their action.
Anu

I had given up hope on getting tickets for Manchester on the 14th June when u2 announced a second date so i thought great i'll be ready for them,unfortunately my seven year old son was taken ill and had to have his appendix removed so all thoughts of tickets were put to one side as i would be in hospital with him and could not order them on the friday,the wednesday before i had chance to get home for a few hours so i thought i,d have a quick look on seetickets.com in case they had released any info on tickets for the 15th and to my surprise they had tickets for the 14th which i snapped up.Anyway my son is now fighting fit and i got my tickets :wink:

I sat down at my computer at 9 AM this morning... I had never done anything like this before -- racing to get tickets that is. So I wasn't sure if there would be a small chance of them going online early or what.

I kept watching the pages every once and a while was zero hour slowly arrived. I was talking with some friends on MSN, counting down the minutes and hoping that I could score some tickets. Then suddenly it arrived, 10 AM. At one refresh tickets weren't available, then the next time the page loaded they were up. The games began.

First I tried for tickets to the September 12th show in Toronto. I sent in my request and Ticketmaster.ca's waiting process began. It said it would take 11 minutes, so I just sat patiently hoping I got something. Then it happened. TicketMaster.ca timed out and my place was lost, and it wouldn't for a few minutes after that. So when I went back and tried again, there weren't any tickets available. I was majorly bummed.

I was able to get three tickets in the lower level seating for the wednesday show however, but they were on the opposite side of the arena and $175 each. As crazy as a move it was, I decided not to go for it and released them. I decided to take my chance with the new date(s) that will no doubt be added on.

But I kept trying for both original shows anyway and was watching for the added dates to appear, and sure enough they did. I tried for the Friday show, but I got nothing. Then the Saturday show appeared and I tried for that one too, it would take a while so while that was in "waiting" mode I thought I'd try my luck on the friday show again.

Sure enough, the Friday show came through and I scored two GA tickets for my first ever U2 show. I will be attending the September 17th show at the ACC in Toronto, and boy am I pumped. My friend also got two tickets up in the nosebleeder section, but he's not sure if he wants them. So in that case I would be buying them off him, and if it's a different day then I could very well be hitting two shows! Otherwise I'll just invite a couple more friends to come along for the ride on the 17th. I am stoked.

(Yes, you have permission to use this and contact me if you would like...)

Strike out on the Cleveland show. I slept in late for the second tour in a row! :grumpy:
On top of that I was having computer issues and had to format and reinstall windows. What luck. Anyone feel like selling two GA tickets for Gund Arena?

The alarm woke me up. 4 minutes to go. Battle time. Finding myself with no time for coffee, I stumble to my computer, and bring up the Ticketmaster page. As I poor university student, my only option was GA. Toronto tickets not on sale. Refresh. Tickets not on sale. Refresh. TICKETS ON SALE. I punch in 2 GAs, search. Wait time approximately 2 minutes. 8 minutes. 11 minutes. Damn. Friday date announced. Better not be greedy. 1 GA. Search. 3 minutes. 2 minutes. 1 minute. LESS THAN 1 MINUTE.
SUCCESS! 1 GA. Friday night performance at the ACC. Was it worth it? Yes.

You have my permission to use this.

You have my persmission; email is xi240@aol.com

My goal today was to get 2 GA's for the Miami 11/13 gig which went onsale to the general public today at 10am eastern time. I arrived at a FYE at 8am but I did not think I would have a shot at a GA since there were two presales, one for Propaganda members and another for U2.com members.

Anyway, at the FYE store, I went through the usual lottery where they give you ticket numbers to determine who will be first on line. I was lucky enough to be first on line to purchase tickets. At 10am, I asked for 2 GA's but I was informed that all GA's have been bought; tickets in the 100 section were also gone. I next went for best available and the Ticketmaster computer gave back section 309 but as soon as the clerk requested my tickets, the system glitched and those tickets were gone.

On the second attempt, section 326 came up, which is side view, and I passed that up to the second person on line. This was a mistake since the next "best available" was in the 400 sections. In short, I ended up buying 4 tickets @ $58.50 in the 400 section across from the stage. The lesson of this story is if you want a chance at good tickets, buy the U2.com membership for the next tour.

**Breaking news*** U2 just added another date in Miami for Monday, 11/14. Tickets go onsale @10am on 3/26. Be early on line, otherwise you will not get what you want.

You have permission to use this story. shawn@jamiesonhilts.com or u2fans@sympatico.ca

I guess I have been telling everyone I know, and now I can tell the U2 world.

This has been an amazing week and I am extremely happy with the whole pre-sale, public sale experience.

I have been a fan for over 20 years. I have seen at least one U2 show on every leg, of every tour to arrive in the Toronto area. I have stood in freezing mid-winter line ups wearing orange/pink/neon wrist bands to try for nose bleed seats. I have held my office staff hostage tying up all 6 out going phone lines to buy tickets that required binoculars to find the stage. I have experienced it all.

As a U2.com member, I was looking forward to the March 16, 2005 pre-sale where I hoped to be able to buy a pair of tickets. To my amazement, Fan Fire acctually did something about my numerous appeals and on Tuesday March 15, 2005 I received an amazing email. Not 40 min before the Prop pre-sale was set to begin, I was notified that I now had a new code and that I am now officially a former Prop member.

I signed into my account with Ticketmaster and by 10:05 a.m. I had not one, BUT 2 PAIRS of tickets to Toronto 1 & Toronto 2 (Sec 118, Row 15 & Sec 120, Row 5). I woke up expecting the worst and experienced the best.

March 19, 2005 I decided to drop into the local Ticketmaster outlet and see if Toronto 3 or 4 might show up. Once things got going I decided the best place to be was at a computer as it turned into a mob scene the second tickets went on sale. In the end I ended up with another pair of amazing seats - simply by being on line at the right time and place. I have to skip Toronto 3, but I am going to Toronto 4 (Sec 121, Row17).

This has been an amazing week. I consider myself the luckiest U2 fan I know.

For every story like mine, there seems to be horror story to match. I hope those who didn't get tickets, experience a bit of the same good fortune I have this week.

"... I'm getting ready to leave the ground" for an entire week in September.

CHEERS!!!:hyper: :applaud: :applaud:

Bought mine on ebay from a reputable dealer since had no luck on net or phone with Ticket master this a.m. Needless to say, I now can see my own cranium,

SINCE I HAVE BEEN SCALPED!!!!!

Nonetheless, we are going and have GA in Hotlanta, GA. ;)

Don't even ask how much I spent...let's just say that iPod I wanted isn't so expensive sounding any longer.....:shrug:

Last edited:
Tickets

When the tour dates first came out, Montreal wasn't listed, so we opted to buy some MSG tix for the May 21st show. I used my pre-sale code and got 2 tickets in section 339...not too great but better than nothing I guess! When they announced that they were indeed coming to Montreal, I was majorly bummed since I already used my presale code for New York...then on the Tuesday morning of the pre-sale, I check my email and I got the shock of my life, that they were going to let me re-use my presale code to buy a second set of tickets!! I have no idea if this is because I was a Propaganda subscriber or not...I checked the time at it was 9.30am - thank god I checked my email that morning! So at 10am I logged into Admission.com (Montreal doesn't use Ticketmaster) and the first few attempts I was directed to a page stating that the tickets were only going on sale on Saturday March 19th!!! I tried again and I ended up getting 2 GA tickets for the November 26th show!
When March 19th rolled around, I was online trying to score tix for their 2nd Montreal date on November 28th, and we were lucky enough to get 4 tickets in the reds, section 102!

I can't believe how lucky I got, 3 shows and no need for scalpers! I am so thankful that Larry was so concerned about the presale mishaps the first time around!! He made it possible for a lot of fans to get the tickets they deserve!!!!

You have my permission to use this

I woke up at 9:30am, got on the Ticketmaster website, kept refreshing the page until the sale started, requested 2 GAs, and paid for 'em. Seemed pretty smooth to me!

Well i wasn't so lucky. I am not a member of the fan club
so i had to take my chance with the "regular" sale.
For the first leg of MSG NYC shows, all four dates went on sale
at the same time, couldnt they stagger the times?
Anyways, i sat at my computer and waited for 9AM
I did'nt get through until 10 after i got the
"your request is being processed" Waiting time of
3 min. ok cool..Then the time kept changing, 5, 6 , 8, 15 minutes..What the heck is going on???
After this happened for over a half an hour i get through
and pull up sections in the rafters, 400's behind the stage.
There is no way im going to sit that far.
I keep trying and finally get Section 69 row J.
At the time it did not say it was an "obstructed view"
only that it was "rear view" from what I remember.
I know i was taking a risk getting them but i had no choice.
Not to mention while this was going on i had a friend on
on the phone telling me that on the homepage Ticketmaster
just put up to more shows, so i close out my original
page and go for the added shows thinking i
can get a better seat because not as many people
would have seen this because it was'nt made public.
No luck, I waited just as long and pulled up the same seats..
how can that be?
There is no way that you can't tell me these tickets
are not being held for "Brokers" and "Scalpers".
It's insane.

I live in in New York i should have been able to get a halfway decent seat. I have heard and read about people who are not in the fan club and live outside of this area and are getting General Admission or better seats not behind the stage.
I don't inderstand that, even tho I'm happy for them.
It just would have been nice to see the band from a view
in front. Ticketmaster and Pre Sales offer no help to
people outside of this loop to get even a halfway decent seat.

You may use this..

Last edited:
I was lucky getting tickets. I tried getting tickets for the first, second and third shows in Toronto with no luck so I kept refreshing the page untill the forth show (my birthday) came up. I clicked on it and it said it wasn't on sale yet. Refreshed the page and bingo. My order went straight through for GA's. No wait time. I was lucky to get in the very second they went on sale. Needless to say, I am one very, very happy girl!!!! :D

heres a goodie. buffalo show (tickets.com Not ticketbastard) i try for tickets right at ten and get offered two seats right next to adam row 1. doesnt get any better right. i try to buy them it says enter your name and password. i did. it says invalid. so i say fuck that i will just buy them and worry why my membership is screwed up later. it kept saying invalid my tickets were released and i was pissed. i come to interferference to see how every one did. right away i see someone with the identical two tickets i was offered posting them on for trade(116 1 13&14) i was like damn thats a slap in the face from the gods. it was the first post i clicked on to. i actually laughed because the odds of that happening are insainly small.

i did end up with tix though.section 118 row17.

its like your really not expecting a car for your 16th birthday and you overhear your parents say they were going to get you a porsche. you go outside on your birthday and what do you see a mustang(sicy is going to hate that comparison). now a mustang is a fine auto i would kill for the new 2005 gt but you would have to look to your parents and say WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PORSCHE FUCKERS.

gooz fraba dan gooooooooooz fraba

First of all, Hello there from Spain!!

My story is next:

During 2004 I knew U2 will release a new album in November and new tour in 2005. I promise myself to see the boys here in Spain or wherever, no matter how far I have to travel to.

I registered my self at U2.com before knowing I could buy in pre-sale, after I knew I could buy 4 tickets just for a show(outdoors stadiums is different policy) I decided to register myself again with another credit card and my sister's personal dates. Then I ensure 4 tickets for 2 different shows.....in these cases GA for Madrid(Spain) and bad seating tickets for Lisbon(Portugal).

Not happy with that, I called a friend the day before Barcelona's general sale and we treated to camp that night at the doors of the unique records shop centre which the tickets were sold in Madrid. I got a couple of good seating tickets for this show also.

What do I want to say with this experience??.... I mean no matter how you get the tickets, it depends on luck!!:huh:

Now I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to travel to the States during the 3er. leg in the fall. :wink: ...and the plan is taking shape!!

Greets from the other side of the Atlantic!!!

we got emails from u2.com yesterday saying we could use our codes again for the Oakland shows even if we had bought tickets before. So I did it, and of course TM knows nothing about that, and here's their message:

This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid

So much for that. U2.com apparently failed to tell TM, or TM failed to reset the passwords.

I was on vacation when tickets went on sale so I had to purchase my tickets on eBay (although I don't think I would have gotten tickets online anyways). Unfortunately, I bought GA tickets when prices were at a premium-I paid $600.00 for two. I just knew I had to be on the floor. During the Elevation Tour I had decent seats but I remember saying to myself that next time I saw them I had to be where the action was and that was definitely with the GA crowd! Anyways, here's the great part of the story. I was reading fans comments online when I saw a posting that said "U2 tickets have just been released on Ticketmaster". The time it was posted was 2:23 and I happened to read it at 2:35. I immediately went to ticketmaster and to my surprise I was able to buy 2 GA tickets for $49.50. My heart was racing-I couldn't believe my luck!!!

Amazingly I got a GA for Anaheim tomorrow on TM. I keep the computer on, and I do other things, and every once in a while do that stupid screen again, and again, and again. I never saw anything before, and I've never seen anything again. I find it strange they would put up one ticket, which I'm so glad they did.

The thing about the Anaheim shows is that brokers haven't come down in price, they have gone up, and because the 2nd Anaheim is on a Sat. night, it's even more in demand.

Last edited:
My turn. Long time fan (since high school b/c of War and Wide Awake in America) but never joined Prop. Couldn't afford to go to shows anyway. Got to see them exactly once-for JT in LOUSY Cleveland Stadium-after that, I figured I'd never see them again cause they couldn't play anything smaller, and I wasn't going to a stadium for anyone.

Anyway, after hearing about Elevation tour and seeing the Boston DVD (!!), I decided it would be worth it after all. So joined up to U2.com and happily awaited my pre-sale code. Day of sale, I had 3 computers lined up all ready to go by 9:50. At 10:00:00, I was clicking away and one machine got in immediately-scored 2 GAs to opening night SD-or so I thought. Got through all the ticketbast*#d screens, "click to confirm, your credit card will be charged" and then, "we're sorry there's a problem with your order"-WTF?!! Spent the next half hour trying again, but the servers were overloaded; nothing happening. I did get through once but it said my pre-sale code had already been used! Spent the next bit of time emailing U2.com and TM explaing the situation-I had HAD tickets. Finally called TM and after too much time on hold, was given to a supervisor who gave me a NEW code which I promptly used to get 2 last row behind stage seats. Bleah, but better then nothing I supposed.

Later in week, after all the mayhem on the boards, in the news about the pre-sale fiasco, I got email from TM, saying I was going to receive a call about getting more tickets, because my pre-sale code hadn't been used after all. Took my cell everywhere and got the call while at the gym in Pilates class. I answered of course and was offered 2 GAs to SD1!!! So I sold my back rows to a nice guy via U2.com, at face value of course.

Happy ending was realized on 3/28/05! Well, I didn't score bomb shelter beeps after being in line (off and on once we herad about lottery) since 11am previous day, but was about 3 people back from the rail and it was a lovely evening!

Now I'm just trying to score another chance any way I can!

For Anaheim 2 I stood in line @ the box office (about no. 35 in line) at 845 in the morning amidst fans and scalpers. By 12 the tickets went on sale and by 1230 PM I had 4 GAs bought on the day of the show.

That night I was positioned about the senter of the catwalk, about 6 bodies away from the rail. I was euphoric when Bono and Larry opened with Love and Peace within spitting distance of me! Although I never would want to spit of course!

What a great way to cap off seeing 3 out of the first 4 shows on tour eh?

Anaheim 2 was definitely the best so far; I wasnt at Anaheim 1 but I heared the bootleg.

Back
Top Bottom