Wanted: Share Your Ticket Stories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won my tickets on "The World Famous KROQ" Thank You KROQ. I saw U2 for the 1st time on 4-5-05 @staples. Had GA Floor tix, didn't get inside the ellipse, but I was on the rail, just right of dead center. It was awesome!!!!!!!!:wink:

Well, my ticket stories are nothing special.
I live in a spanish island called Mallorca ( where Caroline Corr got married. Bono, Edge and Larry were here!! ). I buy two tickets to Madrid without any problems. There weren't people waiting on line. I arrive at the shop at 9:45 AM and at 10 AM i went out with my tickets.
Tickets for Barcelona was another story. I arrive at 7 AM and i found twenty people waiting on line. I get a little worried. The shop had problems to get tickets because the net was collapsed ( blame in to tictackticket ). The best tickets were sold quickly. I had to wait until 2:30 PM to get 6 tickets and not good seat tickets at all. I am 50 metres above the field !!!

It was madness in my case. I went to the ticket office at 05:00. During Elevation there were only a dozen people waiting before. Now there were dozens. They kept a list and I became number 60. Dutchmen waiting to stand in line look like a crazed mob of rugby players pushing to get ahead that extra centimeter. By the time the sale started there were so many people pushing and shoving the list almost collapsed. Only because they had given it to the people behind the counter did it see use. Even though only people with a number were called out that never prevented the crazed mob from its mad push. And some persistant pushers managed to get served even though they arrived much later. Which is because the morons who set up the list were also the first people who got served and then buggered off leaving the mob to fend for itself. When you set up a system and want people to abide by it then you have to remain and keep an eye on things. The guys from the ticketoffice will not come from behind the counter to do it.
By the time number 13 had been served all GA tickets for the first night were gone. I wasn't worried because we got 3 shows. By the time number 50 got served all GA tickets were gone. By the time I got served only a handfull of seated tickets for the 2nd and 3rd show were still available. And the majority of fans was still waiting. I guess they could have sold tickets for 10 stadiums hows and it still would not be enough to meet the demand.

PLEASE STANBY FOR TRANSMISSION:A MUST READ FOR ALL U2 FAN'S ON PLANET EARTH.GO TO THE WEBSITE U2TOUR'S.COM AND READ THE ARTICLE TITLED "ROBO SCALPER'S",THIS EXPLAIN'S A LOT IN DETAIL ON THE WHOLE TICKET MESS.THE ROCKMEISTER

I got a frickin' story for you. The venues at these shows continue to purposely release the expensive tickets, and hold back the GA's. They want to sell the expensive seats first to insure they sell. Many fans can't afford $172 or $98 tickets. It wouldn't be so bad if they allowed people to stand aside/ or form a GA line. Instead, if you can't afford that ticket, you have to go to the end of the line, and likely get no tickets. It sucks. Especially for many die hard fans who sit in the ticket line all day. Today, someone asked for the ticket manager. When almost the entire line refused to buy the expensive tickets, two lines were allowed to form. This also happened once in LA. Both times, GA's were made immediately available. So, somebody choose to sell only the expensive seats. That's wrong.
pass the news along.

Last edited:
I bought 2 tickets from ticketmaster that put me in the upper deck behind the stage at San Jose. Crap tickets basically, but I was content knowing I would at least see the band. Then I hear about how crazy the ticket prices are going on Ebay, so I check out the situation. An idea struck me: I could sell my tickets on Ebay, make a decent profit off them, and then use that money to buy another pair of tix on Ebay that were closer to the stage. So I sold my two upper deck tickets for $210 and bought a new pair that was only 3 rows from the stage (also behind the stage, but good god we were so close it was more than worth it) for $280.

Doing the math: $280 / 2 tickets = $140 per ticket. But I made a $40 profit per ticket on the tix I sold, meaning the new tickets I bought only cost me a net $100 each, or even cheaper than if I had got them thru ticketmaster ($96 + $10 or so in fees). It turned out awesome, the seats were incredible, and so was the concert.

i went to the sj2 show on sunday not having tickets... missed first couple of songs, but got floor tickets for face value (at first i was wary of the homeless looking dude telling me the box office had closed)... after i got his drift and made sure the tickets he was holding were legit... i took out my $60 ...unfortunately i had no smaller bills (neither did he, or so he said)... but then i also didnt pay for the $15 parking ( i parked at some lot without paying) .. so i figure i saved $5 there... i then made my way to the gen admin area as the last notes of an cat dubh were played... gahhh! oh well... cant win em all... cant wait for oakland.. i will be better prepared and hope to score another floor ticket for face =]
oh wait add $5 to the total for gas money spent on driving to and from san francisco ... so total spent: 65

You can't trust the internet....go to the ticketmaster.

When they offered U2.com memberships at a 40 dollar fee I was kind of irked. I was already a member and they dropped me for the new premium service. I didn't see paying an extra 40 for seats when the arena sells out in minutes..besides they didn't offer the presale to late subscribers.

We showed up at an undisclosed local ticketmaster ( I brought my sweetie Marc for the extra luck that he might have in the draw especially since it was riht before Valentine's Day) at 830am with a big cup of coffee...they did a draw ten minutes before the sale started and I lucked out at being third in line at the counter for the sale opening.

The guy in front of me runs off to the ATM and pulls cash out for his tickets...I thought the idea was great but his addition was bad. He turned out to be about 10 dollars short of his sale..and refused to budge from line..wanted to go back and get more money out while dozens of people were waiting in line behind him...I loaned the guy money so I could get the agent to bring up a sale for me!!!! (need I mention he got the last two GA seats available) Luck would have it that I did get the last two 49.50 seats together for the first date at Phoenix though being on the floor would have been a lot better than the sharp angle of the seats behind the band...and Marc being behind me in line got decent seats for the second night for a Valentine present..so we did get in to Glendale for both nights.

Need I add it was worth it?

FYI...check the day before the show if you don't have first luck...I saw tickets for section 102..6 seats at ticketmaster.

Well, I'm a long long long time fan, but like many, not a Propaganda member (well, not anymore anyway). The idea of paying more for the privilige of *maybe* getting GA tix always irked me. It's not very democratic. $40 more bucks doesn't make me more of a U2 fan. Anyway, I'm waiting for some Atlanta GA tix purchased over eBay to arrive...everyone say a little prayer for me!!! Ticketmaster was a no-go...10:00 and 59 secs and GA was gone. Unbelievable. Oh well, as another poor student, I won't be eating this summer for the credit card debt, but come November it will be worth it!!!

I have a question. What do y'all think about fans inflating ticket prices on eBay? It strikes me as a little strange that one fan would set a reserve price of 3 or 4x the original to charge another fan...I'm not against making a wee profit, $20 or $30 to cover parking or something, but hundreds? It's one thing when the bidding escalates because of demand, but a reserve price indicates that the selling fan isn't willing to part with his or her tickets until a certain price is met. From brokers this I expect, but fans? Fans scalping other fans? :scratch: :eyebrow:

My story is quite boring..yet funny..

So me and my friends woke up at 7 ish to get ready to go wait in line at ticketmaster [ dumb idea if you ask me but I love interacting with other fans ] we got there late, which was 5 mins. before tickets went on sale. The guy ahead of us in line looked IDENTICAL TO MR.THE EDGE, except he had red hair .. the beanie and everything! Everyone was coming out of the line all mad because they got the last of the 1st show, then suddenly 2 mins. later they added another. Me and my friends got up to the plate and all they had left was rear stage, my one friend [ who likes U2 but isnt as :drool: as I am over them ] was arguing that we not take the tickets [ as we were paying as a whole ] I said with or WITHOUT her I was getting to see U2 live even if I have rear stage to do it, she finally agreed, we partied for 3 monts:wink:

Let's see if I can make an extremely boring story about getting tickets interesting...

I wasn't able to get tickets when they went on sale for the 1st leg of shows in January for the Boston shows. And I knew that my mother, who said she would get me tickets for my birthday, would not be paying 125 bucks per seat...and that's what the prices were from scalpers for balcony tickets.So last month, I had planned on being up to get U2 tickets online via ticketmaster. I knew they went on sale around 10, so I figured I'd set my alarm for around 9 or 9:30 and get up then. Well, I forgot to set my alarm, but I woke up at about 9:45. Since I had gone to bed at 2 am and was very tired, I said "Oh, just 5 more minutes..." and drifted off.

I wake up..and it's quarter of 11!!!!!!My 5 minute nap had turned into me being knocked out cold for an hour. Hoping against hope, I went onto ticketmaster.com. Each and every show sold out. In about 15 minutes, 4 shows had sold out. I was not very happy.

My brother has a friend who is a scalper. Because my brother is a friend of his, he will sell him tickets at or below face value, not to some jacked up price. He had 2 balcony seats for the 12/5 show in Boston. I thought about it and decided not to settle.My heart was set on getting GA, or at worse decent loge seats. I decided to venture into the wide world of ebay.

My 1st try was almost successful. Using my brother's account I bid on a pair of 2 GA tickets for the 12/5 show. There was about 12 hours left and the bid was up to $180. I put a bid on. Since I wasn't busy I was able to keep checking while logged on to my brother's account and increase the max bid when it called to be raised. At around 6, I left to babysit.My maximum bid was up to 225.

I go to babysit, and later, I check on it using their computer. About 15 minutes until the auction ends, and things are OK. 10 minutes..5 minutes....2 minutes...1 minute. I started getting excited that I had won them.

Then i check, and there's 30 seconds left. And the bid reaches it's maximum. And then I'm outbid. And I didn't have my brother's password. And in the last 30 seconds, I lost the auction. It sucks to lose, but when there's that little time left and you think you have it, and you lose it. By $2.50.

I tried again a few more times, no luck. Then the 4th try, I bid on a pair of GA tickets for the 12/4 show. This time, I enter my max bid at $300. I check through the day, and with 5 minutes to go, the bid is up to $295. It's mine. Until someone else entered a bid for $305. I figured it was lost since I was told to go up to 300 as my max bid. Oh well.

Just as it seems all hope is lost,something happens. A minute later, for some reason, the bidder withdraws their bid. Once again, I am the highest bidder. The clock ticks down, and this time, the tickets are mine. 5 days later they arrive. And hopefully I can keep them safe for the next 7 months or so.

And that's my story.

I had everybody at work trying to get through to the website with no luck, I even had one of our doctors (who was away on holiday) trying to get through his bank as they get a quote of tickets but all came to nothing. I then scoured the internet at night and to my amazement found an advert for lastminute.com and there were 3 tickets for Glasgow, Scotland. Now this was 11pm so I couldnt phone my sister (as she is the one with the credit card) so I had to wait until the next morning with the expectation that they would be gone but HOORAH they were still there and I phoned my sister and she got them - £200 for 3 seated tickets at Glasgow, Scotland. A lot of money but hey they are worth it and boy are we going to have a great time.

One doesn't necessarily have to consider taking out a second mortgage to fund the purchase of tickets off of Ebay if they do it right.  I'm fairly new to the whole Ebay deal, but I've always ended up with what I wanted and usually for significantly less than I intended to pay.  A few observations and strategies I've made:

- Research and set limits.  Find a seating chart for your venue, figure out which sections you're willing to sit in, and set a limit on how much you are willing to pay for each section.  Regardless of how much you may want tickets, don't go over the limit you've set for yourself.
- Make sure to note if the tickets will be mailed or e-mailed.  A reasonable auction may end up over your set limit if $20 overnight mailing fees must be applied.
- Avoid auctions with numerous early bids.  Is one GA ticket going for $150, and there's still 6 days left to the auction?  You'd probably be better off waiting for a much later auction.
- In my very limited experience, waiting between two to four days before a concert seems to bring the best prices.  In that time frame there are fewer people bidding on tickets, and a number of out of state brokers with hard tickets that must be shipped overnight.  If they can't sell in their current auction, they won't have time to relist and get the tickets sent out in time, so they'll take whatever they can get.
- Don't get caught up in bid wars, especially not hours or days before an auction ends!  There's no sense in going back and forth on the price with two or three other people.  All you are doing is driving up the price and making it more profitable for the scalper.  Call me devious auction-thieving slimeball if you will, but I much prefer to wait until the last minute to make my first bid than be bid and outbid all day long.
- Multiple browser windows are your friend if you decide that last-minute bidding is your thing.  I usually have two or three open: one for refreshing the main auction page, a second for my bid and occassionally a third window for another bid if I fear that my first bid may be too low.

I completely missed the general sale for both of the Phoenix concerts.  The prices on Ebay had me scared half to death, but one of my coworkers told me that she'd always been able to get good deals at the last minute and urged me to give it a try.  So I spent a few days looking for reasonable auctions, took notice of the people bidding, read through seller feedback, and decided on how much I was willing to spend.  At first it seemed as if everything would be out of my price range, but as the concert drew nearer, things began to turn in favor of the buyers.  On Tuesday morning I found a pair of lower level side-stage tickets for Thursday night's concert, and the seller was also throwing in two random upper level tickets as well.  The starting price was $80, there were no bids, and about eight hours left to the auction.  I took note of the exact ending time and wandered away for a while.  About an hour before the auction ended, two people got into a little bid war and the price went up to $110.  It was a bit aggravating, but the price was still way more than reasonable.  I watched and waited until there was about 20 seconds left, and then put in my bid.  Even though I put in a bid of $130, there were no other bids and I won the auction for $112.50.  With overnight shipping, the final price was still under $130.  After you add in all the ticketmaster fees, you can barely get one ticket for that price, and I ended up with four.  One of the extras went to my wonderful coworker for telling me to give Ebay one more chance.

My coworker wasn't a big U2 fan before the concert, but she is now.  At the end of our shift together the next day, we decided we wanted to see the concert again and would take our chances with the scalpers.  By the time we left work, got to the arena and managed to get through the mess that was the parking lot, it was already 9pm.  We ended up with tickets in the second level, behind the stage, but the scalpers were all but throwing away the tickets so we only paid $40 for the $50 ticket.  The best part was having a row of six seats all to ourselves - I guess someone couldn't get rid of rest of the tickets.

I guess what I have to say is that, sometimes, procrastination really does pay off.

((Please feel free to paraphrase or quote this, or contact me at EidolonBird at gmail.com for further information.))

My first u2 show ws last night in seattle night 2. ANyways bought tickets onsale day in section 219 row 1 behind stange, cool so if I had to sit down i could without anyone blocking me i could, well friends were also going to the show,but they had GAs, so about two weeks ago prior tot he show, i do creigs list and post my tickets, well someone buys my face value, and i buy 2 tickets for 75 each from a broker, about 25 over face but heck will be with our friends on the floor..

Get to the venue were all very excited, and just coming from happy hour, not looking forward to being pushed and cramed on the floor. By some grace of Bono, my ticket win the lottery to go inside the front of the floor. I could not have been happier to pay jsut 25 more over face value, and jsut the fact that less people were upfront and noone was pushing and such it was great. Good experience for a first time u2 show. Now, i know there were other die hard fans who should be up there, and i probally would have been happy with side stage seats, but happy i got up front... oh and yah the other 3 people I was with did not win :(

Well, this was my first U2 ticket buying experience. My girlfriend and I were hoping for the May 14th show in Philly. We were online at 10AM and ready to go. However, as soon as tickets went onsale we were tying and nothing was coming up. We were getting really bummed and then we saw that a new date had been added for May 22nd. We waited and waited for this date to go onsale. When it popped up, we put in two tickets and we get them. Upper level far corner. We were really pumped for about 10 seconds. Then we realized that my girl friend's sister wanted to go. She was in Italy for study abroad but would be home for the show. We paniced. Didn't know what to do. We finally decided to just get them and figure it out later. Then we realized that we didn't remember our password for our ticketmaster account. We had to get ticketmaster to email us our password. We got it and purchased the two tickets.

Then we figured we try again for three tickets so that we could all go and sit together. Somehow, miraculously, we got them. First row of the Mezz level behind the stage. We were definitely extremely lucky. We ended up with two extra and some of our friends from college our going with us. It's going to be a great night. My first U2 show. Can't wait.

There was this white trash guy in line with me that said he saw U2 in Chicago with Aerosmith in 1980 on the "War tour" and a bunch of stupid crap like that. I told did him that they didn't ever tour with Aerosmith that they never played in Chicago in 1980, and that War came out in 1983. He was confused to say the least. I thought it was funny.

There but for the grace of broadband go I.

This was my first U2 ticket buying experience, my first U2 concert ever, and my first actual experience with the concept of the "hard ticket." My goal was to get tix for all four Seattle and Vancouver shows knowing that I would be dead lucky to get in for just one. Since I was going alone I knew I might have a tiny advantage in wanting only one ticket instead of pairs (or more) together.

The day of the sale, I sat on Ticketmaster ... refresh ...refresh... refresh...waiting for the clock to tick down. As soon as the graphics blurred I knew it had started and when I saw the "your wait time is 12 minutes" bar I knew I was in. Yay! In just a few moments it was all over and there it was: A nosebleed seat directly behind the stage. I was in the building - good enough! (Fortunately my view wasn't blocked, I could see under the rigging well out past the ellipse almost to the sound booth.)

I had heard the first show sold out in 12 minutes and the second in eight. Wash, rinse, repeat for the Seattle dates except I was completely shut out. 1 out of 4 at face value isn't too bad for a neophyte, I guess.

When I was 17 years old back in 1987 I was able to attend my 1st concert ever, and wonderfully enough it was U2 Joshua Tree Tour. That night changed my life and I have never been won over 100% by other groups that Ive seen in concert as I have with U2.
It was always a dream to one day in my lifetime be able to go to Dublin Ireland and listen to my favorite band in concert. 17 years latter and alot of persistance and possitive attitude that sometimes luck can be on a persons side, I awoke at 1:30 am in the morning (California Time) turned on my computer, drank my coffee and crossed my fingers for the Pre-Sale war I was about to engage in. The tickets for Croake Park 6/24 show where about to go on sale come 2:00 am my time 10:00 am Dublin Time. Then came to moment of trueth - Unos, Dos, Tres - JACKPOT (2 GA Tickets issued to me) After the heart Attack I practically experienced I woke up my husband and we both started to sing
"It's a Beautiful Day" Ive more than greatful and look forward to June 24th every day.

TWO sets of presale tickets from U2.com.

Either there was/is a loophole or the logistics were figured differently? I purchased my U2.com membership months before a tour announcement with no problem. The tour was announced and I already knew that I wanted to see U2 in Barcelona, Spain (I live in Seattle -- long story as to why Spain), anyway, the north American pre-sale came up before the Europe pre-sale, so it was nerve wracking watching the pre-sale for both Seattle and Vancouver concerts slip by as I waited for Barcelona to come up. Then nearly all of Europe went to pre-sale and Barcelona was held up with some date delays. I was at ropes end, then finally a pre-sale date!

OK, the presale day arrives (2am my time), but yet another delay! Presale is bumped two more days back. Finally, another late night, 2am, all of Europe is sold out except for two places, both in Spain. Another delay, tickets go on sale at about 3am, and I lock-in two seats, right on the side of the stage, great seats. Bang! The web site craps out! (note: 118,000 seats available for this concert, who knows how many are pre-sale). Another 30 minutes of trying, lock-in two more tickets, still pretty damn good seats, and: YES! I get them. 5:00am my time now.

In Spain they will not mail out tickets unless you have a Spanish address, you have to either be residing there or pick them up in person with ID. So now I check on-line about once a week to make sure they are still in their computer. Concert sold out in record time for the public sale.

OK, here is where it gets good: I received an email (the form letter from Larry Mullen) that I did NOT use my access code to buy tickets. What? But I did, for Spain. By the way, Spain/Europe allowed fans to by four (4) tickets; I bought only two (2). So for the 3rd leg of the North American tour I was given a priority to buy tickets. I figured I received the letter in error. When Portland, OR, presale came up, I logged in and tried it again. Wow, I got two great tickets for the final North American date on presale with my code again.

So now I wonder how and why? Was it because I only bought 2 tickets for Europe and not 4, so it didn't click off? Has anyone else experienced this between Europe and North America?

Lastly, having been a U2 fan since 1983, this is just icing on the cake for me. It’s great. There’s more: No more pre-sale advantage now so I was left to scuffling for tickets the old fashioned way. I lucked out with Vancouver-2 tickets (though Nose Bleeds); I was in the Seattle line here last February at a TicketBastard location waiting for the10am Seattle sale when the clerk mentioned that Vancouver-1 had sold out and Vancouver-2 had just gone on sale. I walked to the head of the line and bought two (no one else was interested in the 140 mile commute I guess). Finally I got 100 level Seattle-2 tickets on E-bay below cost because the place that was selling them made a clerical error in the date, so no one bothered to read it more carefully and bid on them – except me. Saved $60+ .

What a great year for this long time fan! I still would like to meet them. Someday.

Well, I got two tickets from Ebay for the Portland, Ore show, bid and got them. Only to find out they are teleticket. Now, he didn't represent them that way and refunded our 15.00 shipping charges. Now I am very worried that I have been taken as these tickets can be sold over and over again. It was just an email with tickets and bar code. Tickemaster tells me I am foolish. They CANT be printed to hard tickets, don't let anyone tell you that. The first scan gets you in to the concert. 400.00 and I have to wait 6 months to see if I get to go. What would you do?

I bought a ticket to Chicago 3 off ebay for just under face from someone who couldn't use it at the last minute. Section 103--not bad, not awesome either. I was fine with it b/c I had an awesome GA spot for the first show, pretty good seat for the second, and a great one for the fourth. Anyway, got to my seat last night only to find that one of the huge camera rigs on the floor for the filming was smack in front of me, couldn't see the stage at all. I went to the Guest Services window and explained the problem and they were WONDERFUL--reseated me in section 122, right next to the stage basically! Can't say enough good things about the UC staff this whole week, they were very organized and helpful on Saturday when I was in the GA lineup as well.

I went to (5/9) Monday's show - had GA tickets I bought in January - real stressful getting those online! I really was DYING to go to the other Chicago shows. Finally Thurs (5/12) I tried Ticketmaster and bought myself a GA ticket @ 10:30 A.M. Great show :drool: :drool: :drool: A few others on this site then got GA tickets online. I would check TM here and there up to showtime if you didn't get tickets - they were releasing seats all over yesterday.

I was shut out during the presale but it all turned out for the best. I got GA's for 5/10 and 5/12. My GA for 5/12 was bought at 5:00pm, the day of the show,from a fan in line. She sold it at face value and we both ended up in the bomb shelter right up front. There is something to be said about good karma....:D

ok heres my story.... (u have permission to use any of this)

well im only 16 and probably one of the youngest U2 fans, and as im still at school i didnt have my own money to splash out on ebay...so, general sale it had to be! if i didnt get them on general sale, i didnt get them at all! also, we live in Northern Ireland and U2 had not and still have not announced a show here... so Dublin it has to be! fortunately, my mum was willing to help me, and so at 5.30am, yes thats am, we hit the queues in Belfast for tickets on sale at 9am. the queue in front of us wasnt that long, mostly people who had slept out overnight. so we queued, and queued, and queued... tickets on sale, everyone cheers... 9.15 - queue hasnt moved. 9.30 - queue still not moved. 9.40 - we move forward about 6 feet... bam! tickets sold out. bummer. so we queued for almost 5hrs before we had confirmation that all the tickets were gone for two Dublin Shows, 24th and 25th June. ah well, we weren't the worst off - some people queued all night and didnt get any! apparently, Virgin Megastores and Ticketmaster didnt expect to sell a lot of tickets in N.I - how wrong were they?! so it was home and onto ebay - but with a budget of 120 pounds i didnt hold out much hope! so anyway, rumours started to spread that there was going to be a 3rd Dublin show on 27th June. well i woke up last saturday and by chance decided to check my emails - lo and behold, tickets on sale! no prior notice and no presale - every man for himself! so onto ticketmaster and acquired 2 GA's for 27th June @ Croke Park. what luck! so im off to my 1st U2 show - prob one of the youngest and most dedicated fans there!

3 days before the general public ticket sales. l thought i,m gonna haver the same old problem and not get threw to ticket master. So l thought i,d go for it and bought 2 ga tickets for london which cost me $600 dollars. l know its a lot of money but it will be worth it. And out of interest i tried ticket master on the sale day and could not get threw. So l hope it was a good move. I saw u2 play there world exclusive in london on the 15th october 2004 and it blew me away, so i was not going to be disapointed and have to watch a dvd and feel dam i wish i was there. i saw them play in the car park at the bbc (london and they played. all because of you, city of blinding lights,vertigo, and for only the 3rd time Desire,all for nothing.
Any way hope you all have a great gig and may the force be with you...............................ALLWAYS
Jasonx

Feel free to use this information and qoutes:wink:

You have my persmission to use my story, if you like.

I had just moved down from Alaska to Seattle when I heard U2 was coming. Their tix went on sale before the sale of my house was complete and I was broke so I couldn't buy any tix. By the time I got my money the tix were all sold out so I had to buy them online. Mucho mucho expensive there.

I heard of a radio contest giving away U2 tickets in which you had to answer tough trivia questions. I got through 4x and tried--winning twice--4 tickets in all. I thought I'd sell some of them to get some of the money I spent over face-value back. Instead, I ended up taking 4 other people b'c I wanted everyone to be able to see them. :rockon:

Does anybody have any info where the boys are staying Park Plaza or Four Seasons,,,tonight 5/23 they;re in beantown the whole week we need any insight ,,,, Keep rockin
Love ya Trish

BEST TICKET STORY EVER!! (For me anyways...)

In the summer of 2001 I was with my family on holiday in Copenhagen, Denmark. On the 6th of July U2 opened the European Elevation leg there. I did not have tickets, but went out to the arena to check out the crowd...

The tickets where sold "behind the bushes" for up to 3000 DKR (about 450$). I was only 18 years old at the time, so it was way out of my league.

About 10 minutes before the show a band member from "Aqua" came to see the show. (Maybe someone remember the annoying "Barbie Girl" song they had?). Some journalists gathered around him, and there where camera-flashes all over the place...

I went over to see what was going on, and all of a sudden he started pulling up some spare tickets he had, that the other band members of "Aqua" wasn´t able to use. He looked at me, and asked if I had a ticket, I said no, and he gave one to me first, and then another one to my brother!

We were in! I couldn´t believe it. I was a special show. Opening night, and the aircondition was broken down, so it was 55C (131F) inside the arena!

U2 is finally returning to Norway this summer after getting stuck in the Lemon in 97... And I am gonna be one of the 40.000 in Valle Hovin stadium!

EVIDENCE FOR MY STORY:
"So he got a free VIP ticket to a U2 show... Right, like that is ever happening...", you ask yourself... "Yes I really did! And I still have the "SPECIAL GUEST"-ticket:"

elev_ticket_060701.JPG

For the record (for those of you who aren´t that good in danish), it´s a GA floor ticket :wink:

(You can use everything in my post in your story!)

L03VIk

Last edited:
Here's my story and it is still ongoing so I will keep you all updated.

I found out about the fall leg too late and was not able to try to purchase any on Ticketmaster. I am not a u2.com member either.

It seems to me, that Ticketmaster is selling their tickets to third party brokerage houses who then resell them for extraordinary prices. Do a search for U2 tickets on Google and note all the ticket sales sites selling the tickets. It really pisses me off though because they announce the seat prices and then good luck finding tickets for those prices.

I was able to see the Elevation show in Dallas and I purchased my tickets on Tickemaster at 10:00am on the day they went on sale. I was at my computer at 9:50 and started to trying to get seats. The only seats that I could find were in section 300 (nose bleed). No general admission, no lower sections, just 300. Keep in mind this was at 10:01 just after they went on sale.

I am beginning to believe that Ticketmaster is the problem in that they are selling their tickets or holding huge blocks of them for these brokerages that they have agreements with.

I am still on the hunt for Vertigo tickets in Dallas and looks like I will have no choice but to sit behind the stage as I do not want to pay over $150 per ticket. Wish me luck

Back
Top Bottom