Want to feel old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
AB! came out 14 years ago.

That means that the relationship from Boy to AB! is closer (in terms of years) to the relationship from AB! to present-day U2.

Wow.

I hope Bono reads this as an intro to WTSHNN!

I don't know wether you've made an old man feel happy.
Or a happy man feel very old.

Achtung!Oldie!

u2_england said:
I don't know wether you've made an old man feel happy.
Or a happy man feel very old.

Achtung!Oldie!

It's amazing to think... AB! 14 years, Zooropa 12 years.

Boy - Achtung Baby! = Zooropa - HTDAAB

Oh man...
:sad:

Jeez, I'm even feeling old! I've been a fan since AB! came out (when I was first really discovering popular music), and I've now been a fan for more years (14) than I was old when I became a fan (11). Ack!

Anyone who can remember when Edge had hair has to feel old right now.

I was at LA1, and was talking with some folks after the show, and we are convinced that Larry is somehow related to Dick Clark.

i was thinking the same thing the other day.
as a coincidence to san jose, i just downded a torrent (yes one of those hard bast*rds) of a san fran festival in 83.
it steaming hot and larry is wearing shorts!
a fantsatic performance.
think of the musical development from boy to achtung and from then to now.
we talk about audio compression on the bootleg threads!

saltwaterkiss26 said:
I feel old... and I'm 16... :reject:

haha! I was talking today with coworkers about my trip to Denver next week for the show. They were asking me how many times I had seen U2 and stuff like that. I said that there will probably be people at the show in Denver next week that weren't even born when I saw my first U2 show! Yes, the Edge had hair! :)

I felt old standing outside the arena waiting to meet the band with fans who were not even born when I saw my first U2 show.

I felt old when I realized that I am older now seeing U2 than the people I saw at a Rolling Stones show when I was 14 and thought, "Wow, those old dudes dancing are so hip." Now, I am that old dude dancing.

love, Anu

rastacruz said:

I said that there will probably be people at the show in Denver next week that weren't even born when I saw my first U2 show! Yes, the Edge had hair! :)

Yikes - you and my aching back have just made me feel very old -- anybody 22 and under at next week's Denver shows would not have been born as of my first U2 show. That's a whole boatload of high schoolers and college folks.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Boy - Achtung Baby! = Zooropa - HTDAAB

Heavens, can it really be 12 years since Zooropa? Or 10 since the HMTMKMKM single? Hard to believe.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

dammit. :grumpy:

but on the other hand, it means i've been a U2 fan for over half of my life :happy:

This thread has so depressed me now I've been a fan for about 300 years, that the only way to cheer up is to remember that Bob Dylan fans are retirement age!

Thanks guys!

:madspit:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom