Want 86 GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
k-rider... wars are won battle by battle, so if we manage to get you out of business, it's a battle we have won.

You are not making money in a legit way, so deal with it.

K-Rider,
Frustrated fans come to you because they can't buy tickets...and they can't buy tickets because people like you take them all. Entrepreneurialism is not a bad thing, but U2 and the official reatailers they select are the only people that are supposed to make money off the proceeds from fans and that's what makes your business different from Abercrombie. Sorry, what you're doing is completely unethical. You're creating your own market by screwing people in the first place. Don't confuse legit and legal with ethical because legal loopholes do not substitute for ethical justification. They're nothing remotely similar in this case.

Jon

Last edited:
If brokers didn't exist, people would STILL get shut out of high-demand shows because more people want to see the show than there tickets available to it.

Once shut out, there would be NOTHING that you could do to get a ticket. With Brokers, at least now you have options..

You may not like those options or the prices that must be paid, but if you want to get a ticket bad enough, You'll find a way.

If the market is "people who want a ticket but weren't able to get one," I am NOT creating this market. It would be around if brokers didn't exist, since the demand for tickets FAR outweighs the supply.

k-rider said:

Hi yourself.

So, believe it or not, right now I only have ONE pair of tickets to this tour. I know... I'm selling a TON of them, but at the moment I don't have them (and neither do MOST of the other big-time sellers on Ebay). Yes, I am planning on buying more this weekend when they go onsale to the general public, but I won't NEARLY be able to buy enough to cover ALL of my orders. For the the rest, I will be forced to buy tickets elsewhere in order to cover those orders...

I use various sources, but I can assure you that I'll probably have to scrounge on Ebay for deals just like you all in order to fill some of these orders... But this is how it's done.

That, pal, is called false advertising. Oh, and the reason many of us can't get our tickets in the first place is thanks to people like YOU.

You want ME to be the scapegoat as to why you didn't get any tickets today... Please let me tell you that TICKETMASTER and U2's Fan Club TOTALLY SCREWED UP THE PRESALE TODAY! There wasn't enough of an allotment for ANY of the venues, and Ticketmaster Could NOT handle the presale volume at all. If this is how today went, I cringe at what will happen on Sat/Sun/Monday.

We are well aware of that happy fact... many of us have been stuck at the computer for hours trying to sort tix out for ourselves and to help others. So don't patronise us by telling us what we already know.

How many of you had your Passwords saved in your computer's clipboard so all you had to do was cut and paste it in the Password Box?

Those fractions of seconds can make ALL the difference in the world.

Ooh, aren't you kind? We knew that already too, but thanks so much for caring and sharing.:madspit:

Sorry if I rambled here, and I'm sorry if you think that I'm "Pond Scum" who preys on people's admiration of a band or team.. I think that it's safer to say that I provide a service to my customers in a market where DEMAND far outweighs the SUPPLY. I'm just like you all trying to pay my mortgage, car payment, and my kid's education.

The difference is we are not exploiting people, falsely advertising items that we do not actually have for sale, and charging extortionate prices. If you're going to do this, sadly we can't stop you. You can dress this up as "providing a service" rather than "ripping people off", but the song remains the same.:rolleyes::huh:

I'm starting to lose my professional composure, so it's REALLY Time that I call it quits here.

What kind of a reception were you expecting, exactly? Use your brain - we're not really going to be enamoured with having a total con artist in our midst. Doh!

Now go away, and have a nice life.

Last edited:
Here's the thing - yes, k-rider, you are buying your tickets the same way we are, whether through the pre-sale or the general sale on Saturday or whatever. OK, so you're not really doing anything that we can't do - that's not a huge deal for me. The thing is, because you won't actually get the tickets you want this way, you buy from other resellers to cover that. You can do this, because you are simply reselling your tickets at a similar price. It doesn't hurt you at all.

But for US, we don't have that option. If we don't get it from the pre-sale or general sale, we're screwed. Many of U2's biggest fans are like me, taking out loans to pay for college and eating Ramen noodles every night for dinner. We don't have the option of buying from brokers, because that's more money than we spend on groceries for months. Or car insurance, or rent, or whatever. We can only get our tickets through the pre-sale or general sale, or have to count on a good Samaritan to help us out. You, on the other hand, don't have to worry about that because you've got other resellers to cover your ass.

I understand what you are doing - it's just basic capitalism and is not illegal or anything. However, I would hope that you would consider the fanbase of these music artists before you go about buying up and reselling tickets. For things like the Super Bowl, it's not a big deal, because the only people who go are through business connections anyway. Even for something like Prince concerts, where the majority of his fans are older and relatively financially secure. But for U2? You have to realize that so many of their fans are high schoolers, college students, or those still paying off college loans. For us, your resale at inflated prices is most definitely not a service.

Johnovox said:

Propaganda was a way around the system because once Prop pulled the tickets, the brokers (and promoters) couldn't get them.

This is really the heart of what we're all so upset about, isn't it folks? The band closed up shop with Propaganda and went to Ticketmaster (likely as a way to cut costs and increase profits)--and Ticketmaster failed us. Propaganda had the fans' best interests at heart. Ticketmaster, as decades have shown us, clearly does not. The band's management made a terrible decision, and we're all suffering as a result.

Now that I hear k-rider's defense, I'm kind of on his side (and I started this thread). The people paying $500 aren't a bunch of suits with a passing interest in the band. Overwhelmingly, they're just like you and me. They just want to see the band so bad that they'll shell out some serious coin.

To be quite honest, I was able to get through to Ticketmaster 7 or 8 times for tickets. But they were pretty miserable seats, so I passed. I just don't enjoy arena shows anymore unless I can actually see the band--especially at $170 a pop.

Everyone wants those precious GA tickets, and I would pay a premium to get them. I was hoping my $20 to u2.com would get me that advantage, but it didn't. I used many of the same techniques k-rider used above. I was on two computers at once, with four browser windows open, both on high-speed connections. But it just didn't work out. K-rider was lucky, and he was one of the few to get through. His $20 got him that advantage.

Now, I'm not going to pay him $500 for those tickets. That's too much. But you'll see. Prices will come down in a few weeks, like he says. Will I pay $300? Sure. I'm paying k-rider for the advantage of getting GA tickets. It costs more that u2.com, but it's much more of a sure thing. And in the end, I'll feel that I got a good deal from k-rider, but got screwed by u2.com. Because at least I knew what I was paying for from him.

k-rider said:
If brokers didn't exist, people would STILL get shut out of high-demand shows because more people want to see the show than there tickets available to it.

Once shut out, there would be NOTHING that you could do to get a ticket. With Brokers, at least now you have options..

You may not like those options or the prices that must be paid, but if you want to get a ticket bad enough, You'll find a way.

If the market is "people who want a ticket but weren't able to get one," I am NOT creating this market. It would be around if brokers didn't exist, since the demand for tickets FAR outweighs the supply.

In my state, what you are doing is not illegal and I believe that you have the right to do what you do...However, it is just really frustrating for me...who bought a membership and couldn't get one ticket to any of four shows i would have bought for....I got an error message for 1 1/2 hours...so i just feel screwed out of just 2 tickets...how can you get so many and i not even get 2...I knew I wouldl have to buy some tickets from brokers...cuz there is no way I can get tickets for all 4 shows but not having the ability to even get 2 tickets on my own is frustrating as a mofo...That is where the frustration lies...You get so many and I can't even get 2?? not fair not fair...

sixtoe, you're exactly right.

U2 started dealing exclusively with Ticketmaster because TM has developed the technology to use INDIVIDUAL passwords for presales (instead of generic ones where Every Buyer has the same Password). Ticketmaster has only started doing this within the past year or so, and I'm certian that it must be cheaper for them to operate than a private organization like Propaganda.

go to u2.com, at the bottom of the page is a contact us button. click on it and start complaining away. I have emailed them at least 10 times. I have also called principle management many times complaing. principles number is 212-765-2330. CALL 3,4,5 times a day demanding more presales. Tell u2.com they are the real crooks for allowing so many people to join when they knew they would not be able to guarentee people a good chance at good tickets. I feel we all will have a better chance at getting tickets for the public onsale which makes me feel my $40 was a waste of money. IT WAS. The membership card I got yesterday is retarded. WTF am i going to do with that?? Be mad at u2.com, principle management, and u2 themselves for being greedy. K-rider may be greedy, but we lets channel our anger to the source of the tickets, ticketmaster only distributes them(yes they suck) i know. CALL PRINCIPLE AND EMAIL U2.COM

I hope that was somewhat coherent.

This thread has had some very nasty replies, and I don't see it going any other way. Therefore, I am closing it.

Just a reminder to members here...

Even if you disagree with what a person is doing (in this case, k-rider), the rules are still in effect...no personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom