Waiting in line in Chicago today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
What time are people getting to the show?

I was hoping to be there by 9AM, but with the weather how it is...I don't want to deal with it quite frankly, and I don't have the luxury of a car I could park in the lot and sit in.

Yeah, I was planning on standing in the GA line (around 4pm), I am now considering just waiting until the door's open.

ayearwome, are you going with anybody? I'm by myself, and need to find a mutual ellipse-seeking buddy for tonight. :wink:

A few people stood @ the back of the floor and someone took them to the Ellipse - maybe you'll get lucky :rockon:
Or you'll get the Vertigo message :ohmy:
I waited outside all day Monday - luckily the temp was decent but it was windy as he** - almost blew away.
Have fun!!!

Last edited:
hluvslmj said:
A few people stood @ the back of the floor and someone took them to the Ellipse - maybe you'll get lucky :rockon:
Or you'll get the Vertigo message :ohmy:
I waited outside all day Monday - luckily the temp was decent but it was windy as he** - almost blew away.
Have fun!!!

My cousin and I were two of the lucky ones!! I couldn't believe it, because a crew member just tapped me on the shoulder and asked if we wanted to go in the ellipse.

Always have hope!!! You may get in without getting beeped!!

We stood outside the center of the Ellipse a few people back. My sister fainted so we missed the encores :sad: :sad: :sad:

i heard there is a major cutter today

a guy shwoed up at 8:30am and went to the front of the line and said he is not moving

why are some people such jerks :mad:

Well looks like someone will have to call a Security guy over ASAP - they'll toss his arse out on the street :mad:

Chizip said:

a guy shwoed up at 8:30am and went to the front of the line and said he is not moving

Well if it was me again running the show like on Monday I would personally move his ass. We had those assholes cutting in the Fan Club like and that dude still tried to cut in the line but he was too far back in line Monday like the end of the line so I didn't care. Anyways he got those 2 people kick out because they shouted profanity at him.

Chizip said:

Line cutters :mad: :madspit:

If anyones an ass in line about the numbering system and such just ignore them or give them the big middle finger.

hluvslmj said:

Yup, that's how I got into the ellipse Tuesday. I'm think that if I tried that one again, the guy would recognize me and not give me a wristband, so other people could go in (which is fine with me, just stating the facts...)

Hey,

How early do you have to get there in order to get first in line for the eclipse? What are people doing about the line cutters...is there anyway to report them? Also, what time does U2 ususally do their sound check? They are coming to Boston in 2 weeks and I want to be prepared. Any advice on how to get into the eclipse? Thanks.

:yes:

In Chicago 5/9 there were a few tents. We got in line @ 11 and were #257, 258. They split the line in two - we were in the U2.com line about 60-70 people back if that. They kept the two lines moving - gave us a wristband, scanned us for the Ellipse (no go) and told us where to enter. We walked right up to the center outside the Ellipse and were 4 people back. In Chicago I think people met them out front around 3 or so...anyone know for sure? Some people were randomly picked off the GA floor to go into the Ellipse.

If anyone has GA tonight 5/12 and can't get there til 6:30-7 and is feeling lonely I will be all alone :sad: if you need someone to hang with in the back! I am tall, blonde, wearing black jeans, an old hag lol.

hluvslmj said:
If anyone has GA tonight 5/12 and can't get there til 6:30-7 and is feeling lonely I will be all alone :sad: if you need someone to hang with in the back! I am tall, blonde, wearing black jeans, an old hag lol.

Be on the lookout for some crew members with wristbands near the soundboard starting about 30 minutes before showtime. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom