Waiting........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arzcrack said:

I don't think anyone would be pissed by that, Axver included. U2girl, you are completely missing the point.

Being a) ignored and b) bullshitted is something Australians don't enjoy. At the moment, both are happening. All that is needed is an update, which is not unreasonable considering the millions of dollars that are involved.

Yeah right.

(since you mentioned seeing shows, at least two of the most vocal posters in this thread have multiple Vertigo shows under their belt already. no need to preach to anyone, ok?)

Believe it or not, we get the point. Did you consider they might have a very good reason to ignore (for now) and this delay (aka bullshitting)? Once they've got something solid, there will be an update. Till then...

U2girl said:

... at least two of the most vocal posters in this thread have multiple Vertigo shows under their belt already. no need to preach to anyone, ok?)...

So some of us have a REAL interest in what is going on here...ie time and money invested. No one is preaching.

U2girl said:

Yeah right.
...Did you consider they might have a very good reason to ignore and this delay...

No reason for silence after what he said on Denton. If he'd have said nothing at all then it would have been acceptable.

I personally made a decision that could cost me £1500 on the strength of what he said on Denton. Please consider that good enough reason to express my frustration at the silence around the U2 camp. Of course we all feel (sorry, one noticeable exception above I think) for the circumstances that caused the postponement, but that does not condone the silence. We can be compassionate and pissed at the same time with the same people!

The bottom line is that Bono could have made the situation so so much better by just spending one minute of his time to go on record (even post onto his own website) and relay what the situation is. Instead our goodwill is constantly being met with silence. We don't want to know about illness or any other personal stuff, just say "look things are still in the air, i know i said there would be an announcement but I just can't give you a date. I apologise for raising any hopes last month". That's it. But no, he attends premieres, writes essays about Kanye West and does his charity bits instead. While U2.com just report on Leonard Cohen as if nothing happened... Thanks for that.

You can't say that that is the right way to deal with a situation like this... We are talking about 100's of 1000's of people, and millions of dollars. I feel for you guys in the Southern Hemisphere, i really do. I come here everyday hoping that my favourite band have actually communicated with their fanbase and treated them with the respect they deserve. And everyday my respect for them as people (not musicians) erodes just a little further...

If the Hawaii story is true then that list of dates is wrong. Standby for something official before you remake your plans.

To be honest, I sympathize with the Aussies.
There's tons of goodwill for this band worldwide as demonstrated by the past few months. But goodwill can evaporate. No band is guaranteed its fans or their support.

I'm wondering if Bono has a clue what his schedule looks like for next week let alone for November. After listening to the interview Bono gave, it was the interviewer who said November first and Bono agreed....possibly given a heads up that the soonest the band could come back would be November - or after. I really doubt that we'll hear anything confirmed until August or September. :|

Axver said:
The band? No they didn't. The one member of the band most known for being full of shit said they're still coming. Considering Bono's track record ("punk rock from Venus", anyone?), I can't be bothered trusting him.

We all know this, about future albums, tours, etc. So why did you trust him? Why did any of you? God, this thread is still pathetic. Why are you still a fan if they piss you off so badly? Get a refund when they offer the new dates and call it a day. But if any one of you go to these rescheduled shows and gush over them, you're selfish hypocrites.

Re: your analogy: if you loaned money to your "Friend" and that "Friend's" mother or spouse or kid was suddenly dying, are you going to call them up and go after them for the money? "Hey look, I know you're in a dialysis unit right now with your kid, would you mind stopping by my house with that $100 now? Thanks." AS IF they have nothing better to do!

I am dumbstruck by the cold-heartedness on this board. Given that we know the band read here often, you really ought to be "proud" of yourselves sticking up for your "principles"!

DubbalinGirl said:
I am dumbstruck by the cold-heartedness on this board. Given that we know the band read here often, you really ought to be "proud" of yourselves sticking up for your "principles"! [/B]

you know that they post here do you? really? how?

why is everything so black and white. You either care about Edge's kid, or you're a cold hearted bastard and only care about your selfish concert desires. I'm neither, just a little info about the tour, just a follow up sentence after appearing on National TV and raising people's hopes of an official announcement would be nice. Oh and Edge isn't sitting by his daughter's bedside by the way. He's in New Orleans playing music. Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom