Waiting........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one, Shagadelic! :up: Here's hoping....

sarah_Russell said:
Did you ever stop to think that maybe the health issue is far worse than we know, and maybe the band is in a position they have never been in before? I mean Im sure Bono really wants it to be NOV. and Im sure he had good reason to think it would be at the time if the interview. People have a right to their opinion. I myself have a package and GA tickets for Hawaii that I had to rebook, but Im not going to say that Bono was just saying that to shut people up! I believe that they really intend on playing these shows and when they do, all you people who are bad mouthing the band will regret the insensitive comments they've made.

~Peace, Sarah

Nah, I never regret any slagging off! :wink: Bono really shoulda just kept his big mouth shut and said nothing. This has just caused as much, if not more, speculation than if he'd said nothing.

More "near future" bullshit. :|

Give us something definite or don't say anything.

dude don't be an a-hole. The dude's daughter is seriously ill. His family is more important than our love for a stupid show. Get over your arrogant pathetic selves. this is disgusting, you guys aren't U2 fans. You're something altogether disturbing.

scottyT said:
dude don't be an a-hole. The dude's daughter is seriously ill. His family is more important than our love for a stupid show. Get over your arrogant pathetic selves. this is disgusting, you guys aren't U2 fans. You're something altogether disturbing.

Uh, what?

The problem is not the delay. The problem is Bono and Co. lying. As stated repeatedly, there wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't been fed info about an "imminent" announcement "maybe tomorrow" about 1.5 months ago.

Everyone here understands that there are issues which are not public and that they may be causing further delays. What we would like, rather than vague statements and lies, are some definite statements, whether it is actual dates or "there is no clear end for the situation that has caused the delay and no dates can yet be arranged". We'd also like an assurance that this isn't just a buffering technique and the band will cancel the tour entirely in a couple of months.

Last edited:
^ :up:

scottyT said:

"Dude" get over yourself.

scottyT said:
you guys aren't U2 fans.

Of course they aren't U2 fans. Only non-fans would give a shit whether the band tours or not. :yes:

:wink:

Axver said:

Uh, what?

The problem is not the delay. The problem is Bono and Co. lying. As stated repeatedly, there wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't been fed info about an "imminent" announcement "maybe tomorrow" about 1.5 months ago.

Everyone here understands that there are issues which are not public and that they may be causing further delays. What we would like, rather than vague statements and lies, are some definite statements, whether it is actual dates or "there is no clear end for the situation that has caused the delay and no dates can yet be arranged". We'd also like an assurance that this isn't just a buffering technique and the band will cancel the tour entirely in a couple of months.

Well said. I would not have a problem with this if Bono hadnt said that. He totally misled us and for him (or Principle Management) not to say a word since stinks.

Axver said:

Uh, what?

Um, last I checked, November still stands. And like you said he said "maybe". If you took that as definite confirmation, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sure they will give the dates when they have them. Until then...yeah I would say they're working on it, "no dates can be arranged" announcement or not.

I'd like to know where all the "they're not coming" talk is coming from. The band said they're coming, as did Fogel and Coppel (granted, no firm dates, but still) and their management.
That said, yes, if the issue that postponed this tour twice gets more serious, they might cancel. I'msure most reasonable people would understand.

of course they are going to cancel. you have to look only at their past history. aust didint get the elevation tour because"it was financially unviable". yeah right!!. im starting to think this sickness thing is just another excuse

Axver said:

Uh, what?

:up:

Not U2 fans - well I wouldn't call camping out to get tickets and investing some serious money in tickets not a fan, playing their music nearly everyday and loving them since you're parents got you into them and living to regret it!! Why does everyone go into serious "Call yourself a fan - there are bigger things than tour dates to think about here!!" stance here. We all know that. We are just expressing our disappointment that we don't have something to look forward to that we thought that we would have had by now. And you do also start to wonder if they are going to come or not. If they are going to cancel, what's holding them back?? We all have some serious money invested in someone else's bank account and to be honest - it isn't in U2's pocket. If it is the unfortunate fact that the family member is still rather ill, then why can't the U2 camp just tell us that everything is still not rather kosher and I think everyone would be extremely understanding of that. I think that it comes down to the simple fact - we are all U2 fans and we are all worried about what is happening in the U2 camp and we are worried if the tour is going to be cancelled or not. I think that's all is comes down to........

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Um, last I checked, November still stands.

November still stands? Has it ever stood in the first place? Bono mouthing off isn't exactly confirmation that November's happening. I haven't heard anything from a reliable source - i.e. U2's management or Michael Coppel Presents.

And like you said he said "maybe". If you took that as definite confirmation, I don't know what to tell you.

Look at it this way: you loan someone $100. They say they'll get it back to you "soon, maybe tomorrow!" They don't get it to you tomorrow. A week passes. You're cool with that, they only said "maybe", but they also said "tomorrow", implying it should be soon enough. You let another week pass. You start to become concerned. A month later, you still haven't got your $100 back. Another couple of weeks, and you're starting to get a bit pissed!

Or an even better comparison: you buy a couch for $100 and the company says they'll deliver it on 17 March. 9 days before they're due to deliver it, they contact you and say there's been a delay, they'll get back to you as soon as they can tell you when the couch will be delivered. You're cool with that, delays happen. A few days pass and they contact you again - they don't know when they'll get your couch to you, but they'll know soon, maybe tomorrow. A week passes without contact. You think "meh, typical company, but they'll get back to me soon". Two weeks pass ... three ... a month ... by a month and a half, you're starting to become annoyed that you haven't heard a word from the company and they still have your $100.

Whatever way you slice it, Bono's "maybe tomorrow" announcement looks really terrible. This is just plain bad PR. "Maybe tomorrow" isn't definite, but you don't expect "maybe tomorrow" to be followed by a month and a half of total silence. No reasonable person does.

I'd like to know where all the "they're not coming" talk is coming from.

It's coming from reasonable fear and concern. Announcing a postponement and then letting it sit for a few months before announcing a cancellation is a known tactic for softening the blow.

The band said they're coming

The band? No they didn't. The one member of the band most known for being full of shit said they're still coming. Considering Bono's track record ("punk rock from Venus", anyone?), I can't be bothered trusting him.

as did Fogel and Coppel (granted, no firm dates, but still) and their management.

Besides the initial postponement announcement, where?

Just in case you try to do it: Don't give me automated replies to e-mail queries as evidence. That's meaningless. They're not going to tell some random e-mail correspondent "well, actually, tour's been cancelled and we just haven't gotten around to an official announcement yet."

Perhaps they could put a regular update on u2.com

(now i'm really in fantasyland)

Axver said:

November still stands? Has it ever stood in the first place? Bono mouthing off isn't exactly confirmation that November's happening. I haven't heard anything from a reliable source - i.e. U2's management or Michael Coppel Presents.

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, November it is unless we're officially told otherwise. I think it was either Fogel or Coppel who also talked about this when Bono was "mouthing off". Remember also Rocko Reedy on April 7 saying they are still opening in Hawaii.

Look at it this way: you loan someone $100. They say they'll get it back to you "soon, maybe tomorrow!" They don't get it to you tomorrow. A week passes. You're cool with that, they only said "maybe", but they also said "tomorrow", implying it should be soon enough. You let another week pass. You start to become concerned. A month later, you still haven't got your $100 back. Another couple of weeks, and you're starting to get a bit pissed!

Or an even better comparison: you buy a couch for $100 and the company says they'll deliver it on 17 March. 9 days before they're due to deliver it, they contact you and say there's been a delay, they'll get back to you as soon as they can tell you when the couch will be delivered. You're cool with that, delays happen. A few days pass and they contact you again - they don't know when they'll get your couch to you, but they'll know soon, maybe tomorrow. A week passes without contact. You think "meh, typical company, but they'll get back to me soon". Two weeks pass ... three ... a month ... by a month and a half, you're starting to become annoyed that you haven't heard a word from the company and they still have your $100.

Whatever way you slice it, Bono's "maybe tomorrow" announcement looks really terrible. This is just plain bad PR. "Maybe tomorrow" isn't definite, but you don't expect "maybe tomorrow" to be followed by a month and a half of total silence. No reasonable person does.

How does money loan or buying a couch compare to organising a tour?
I don't think anyone in the U2 camp expected this delay either. Fogel or Coppel or U2 management ought to speak out and be addressed, not band members.

It's coming from reasonable fear and concern. Announcing a postponement and then letting it sit for a few months before announcing a cancellation is a known tactic for softening the blow.

If the same thing which caused the original delay and postponement of the first leg should cancel this tour, I'll understand. You'd be pissed again, no doubt.

The band? No they didn't. The one member of the band most known for being full of shit said they're still coming. Considering Bono's track record ("punk rock from Venus", anyone?), I can't be bothered trusting him.

I'm pretty sure he was speaking on behalf of the band when he said they're coming to Australia. I don't think a quote that came out a year before the album came out, and before a new producer and change of direction of album proves anything.

[/B]

Besides the initial postponement announcement, where?

That's what I'm talking about, the initial announcement. I realise automatic replies don't mean much.

Just in case you try to do it: Don't give me automated replies to e-mail queries as evidence. That's meaningless. They're not going to tell some random e-mail correspondent "well, actually, tour's been cancelled and we just haven't gotten around to an official announcement yet." [/B]

All this said, does the band usually announce dates in the Southern Hemisphere sooner than dates in Europe/US or is it the same? How did they do it for Lovetown, Zoo TV and Popmart?

Last edited:
:mad: Ok! Maybe we are all fans and maybe we are all concerned however saying that the illness is just an excuse is unexcusable!!! You should be ashamed of yourself man! By the way, for those of you who think of Bono as a guy who is full of shit, my question to you is- You are obviousley not a fan of the man, so how can you be a fan of the music??? You are making him out to be a total moron! If you think that, what are you doing here?? ~Sarah

May I respectfully suggest that these threads go back to the original intention:

* one thread for praying etc

* one thread to discuss logistics of the rescheduled tour

Thank you

me, myself, and I

well here's to waiting... a tidbit...for all those going to hawaii..

HAWAII GIG 'TENTATIVE' FOR DEC. 9TH
April 27, 2006
posted by: m2

Aloha Stadium manager Kenny Lum has told the Honolulu Star-Bulletin
today that U2's postponed Vertigo Tour concert has been "tentatively"
rescheduled for Saturday, December 9th. Still no official
confirmation from U2 or the tour promoters....
read the full story at StarBulletin.com >>

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4412

This was posted in Tour Dates forum, it apparently came from Ireland (therefore it must be true).

17.11.2006 Melbourne , Australia , Telstra Dome
18.11.2006 Melbourne , Australia , Telstra Dome
20.11.2006 Adelaide , Australia , AAMI Stadium
27.11.2006 Sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium
28.11.2006 Sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium
01.12.2006 Brisbane,Australia Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
02.12.2006 Brisbane,Australia Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
06.12.2006 Auckland , New Zealand , Ericcson Stadium
07.12.2006 Auckland , New Zealand , Ericcson Stadium
12.12.2006 Yokohama , Japan , Nissan Stadium
13.12.2006 Yokohama , Japan , Nissan Stadium
16.12.2006 Tokyo , Japan , Tokyo Dome
17.12.2006 Tokyo , Japan , Tokyo Dome
20.12.2006 Honolulu , Hawaii , Aloha Stadium
27.12.2006 Dublin , Ireland , Point Depot
28.12.2006 Dublin , Ireland , Point Depot

I doubt it but its nice to dream and see something 'on paper', even if they arent correct!

bono_man said:
This was posted in Tour Dates forum, it apparently came from Ireland (therefore it must be true).

17.11.2006 Melbourne , Australia , Telstra Dome
18.11.2006 Melbourne , Australia , Telstra Dome
20.11.2006 Adelaide , Australia , AAMI Stadium
27.11.2006 Sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium
28.11.2006 Sydney , Australia , Telstra Stadium
01.12.2006 Brisbane,Australia Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
02.12.2006 Brisbane,Australia Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
06.12.2006 Auckland , New Zealand , Ericcson Stadium
07.12.2006 Auckland , New Zealand , Ericcson Stadium
12.12.2006 Yokohama , Japan , Nissan Stadium
13.12.2006 Yokohama , Japan , Nissan Stadium
16.12.2006 Tokyo , Japan , Tokyo Dome
17.12.2006 Tokyo , Japan , Tokyo Dome
20.12.2006 Honolulu , Hawaii , Aloha Stadium
27.12.2006 Dublin , Ireland , Point Depot
28.12.2006 Dublin , Ireland , Point Depot

I doubt it but its nice to dream and see something 'on paper', even if they arent correct!
Those dates looked good until Sydney. There's no way they will play in Syd on a MONDAY and TUESDAY!!!

yeh, especially when they could play it on the fri and sat before quite easily. oasis came here not long ago however and did brisbane on the sat nite and sydney on a tues tho, you never know! :)

scottyT said:

I gather from the overuse of the the word 'dude', dude, that you're from the US. How many shows have you seen this tour? Five? Six?

You can really understand the position we're in...

U2girl said:

If the same thing which caused the original delay and postponement of the first leg should cancel this tour, I'll understand. You'd be pissed again, no doubt.

I don't think anyone would be pissed by that, Axver included. U2girl, you are completely missing the point.

Being a) ignored and b) bullshitted is something Australians don't enjoy. At the moment, both are happening. All that is needed is an update, which is not unreasonable considering the millions of dollars that are involved.

HAWAII GIG 'TENTATIVE' FOR DEC. 9TH
April 27, 2006
posted by: m2

Aloha Stadium manager Kenny Lum has told the Honolulu Star-Bulletin
today that U2's postponed Vertigo Tour concert has been "tentatively"
rescheduled for Saturday, December 9th. Still no official
confirmation from U2 or the tour promoters....
read the full story at StarBulletin.com >>

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4412

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom