VertigoX2 appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaq

The Fly
I know its not like there doing something new or innovative like playing Bad or 40 to close the show!!! but I think Vertigo is a great show opener and show closer!

With a mega 21 track inbewteen!

Dont you agre!!!

Sorry, I'm sure there is already a zillion other threads about this, I just could help myself esp after all the bad interfernce Vx2 has been getting :wink:

I dont mind the Vertigo 2x's either. I wish they wouldnt do it as a staple every single night now but its their perogative. Any of us that have seen it done, like it or not, the crowd just goes nuts. Thats why its being done 2x's because 90% of the crowd have no clue its been done that way and dont expect it. My preference would be Bad as the closer and not 40 or Vertigo. 40 was ok for nostalgia sake, but to me it just didnt seem to fit this tour, I dont know why as I was excited they were doing it when I first heard about it. My choice would be Vertigo 2x's alternating with Bad as the closer. :shrug:

shaun vox said:
well its like playing elevation twice which is just sad, my ears my ears haha!

shaq?????

CAN YOU DIG IT CAN YOU DIG IT!!!

AHAHHHHahhah :lmao: :lmao:

oh yeah. . . how can anyone compare Vertigo 2 as a closer with Bad or 40?! Vertigo 2 = :down:

discothequeLP said:

AHAHHHHahhah :lmao: :lmao:

oh yeah. . . how can anyone compare Vertigo 2 as a closer with Bad or 40?! Vertigo 2 = :down:
see and this is my point, this thread was started as an appreciation thread, then the next minute you get the same people coming in, and expressing the same opinion they have expressed in 100's of other posts

KUEFC09U2 said:
see and this is my point, this thread was started as an appreciation thread, then the next minute you get the same people coming in, and expressing the same opinion they have expressed in 100's of other posts

Yes, but

1) wouldn't it just be boring if a thread only contained 1000 posts saying "I love 2xVertigo"? What's the point in making such a thread?

2) All you standard setlist loving people also post in the setlist complaining thread - and that's good! We like a good discussion.

U2Man said:

Yes, but

1) wouldn't it just be boring if a thread only contained 1000 posts saying "I love 2xVertigo"? What's the point in making such a thread?

2) All you standard setlist loving people also post in the setlist complaining thread - and that's good! We like a good discussion.
why would it be boring if everyone said they loved it?

U2Man said:

Yes, but

hi we are the standard setlist loving people and this is our first single. Hello hello OLA..:wink:

I would be really disappointed if U2 is gonna do the double Vertigo in all 3 Amsterdam gig's....

I'm hoping that they will close the last one with 40 :drool:

Neilz said:
I would be really disappointed if U2 is gonna do the double Vertigo in all 3 Amsterdam gig's....

I'm hoping that they will close the last one with 40 :drool:

*You are not a real fan
*vertigo is the best song they have ever written
*you won't know how great Vertigo twice is untill you have experienced it yourself
*I saw Vertigo twice and it absolutely rocked the second time
*give me your tickets
*just be glad you can even see them because some people won't be able to see them at all.

:huh: :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:

I agree, it's not boring. See my Zoo Station thread for some good vibes, a weckid video and the odd gig story.

Which is what shaq's post is about. But some people just don't get it.....

zwervers2 said:

*You are not a real fan
*vertigo is the best song they have ever written
*you won't know how great Vertigo twice is untill you have experienced it yourself
*I saw Vertigo twice and it absolutely rocked the second time
*give me your tickets
*just be glad you can even see them because some people won't be able to see them at all.

:huh: :wink:
see why are you out to cause arguments all the time?

very sad that just because some people like something, some people try to make them feel like shit for liking it

KUEFC09U2 said:

Well, first of all that wouldn't reflect reality, as we all know. Secondly, unless people had some really clever things to say about why they love it every single post would be like: "I love it tooo! 2x Vertigo :drool: :drool: Hooray, hooray! Heeeelloooooo Hellooooo!"

:wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:

very sad that just because some people like something, some people try to make them feel like shit for liking it

Yeah, and very sad it is too that just because you dislike something, some people try to make you feel shit for disliking it :wink:

I wonder if those complaining about it and making cheeky comments have actually been at any of the shows where they did it x2

U2Man said:

Yeah, and very sad it is too that just because you dislike something, some people try to make you feel shit for disliking it :wink:
thats not true, the majority of people that say something to someone who is being negative is just an opinion, and is never made to sound like fact, but when someone posts something to someone being positive, its always made out to be fact

and it makes me laugh, to the ones that say "oh i dont like it bla bla" well, instead of cheering at the concerts, why not just boo? or do nothing? or even better just try to enjoy the fact that U2 are back on the road, rather than picking holes in things there doing, wont be with us forever

U2Man said:

Thats not the point of this thread. The title is "VertigoX2 appreciation thread". It's not a debate. There are other threads for that.

U2Man said:

:up:

I dont have a real opnion about 2xVertigo. I have never seen it live but it sounds like a really dumb idea. But then again some say that it works so i guess i have to see it for myself.. Though i have seen just as many posts that likes and dislike 2xVertigo.

I don't like the idea of hearing a song twice at a U2 gig... Especially Vertigo! And of course I will be overwelmed by the whole gig, and won't complain about anything the next day!

I think the best argument is; Why do Vertigo 2 times when you can end with 40! All the argument's supporting the double Vertigo fall to pieces with that one!

U2 has a very VERY large catalogue of fantastic songs... Why waste one spot in the 22 song gig with a 2nd version of Vertigo :huh:

KUEFC09U2 said:

cause arguments I simply posted the responses that someone gets when they post anything like this...It is very annoying to see the give me your tickets responds from people who actually mean it. A person who feels like shit because I don;t like Vertigo twice shouldn't come on a forum in the first place. I never attack someone personally and take it lighthearted. I never siad someone was an idiot for liking it I just do not understand the defencelevel of some people

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats not true, the majority of people that say something to someone who is being negative is just an opinion, and is never made to sound like fact, but when someone posts something to someone being positive, its always made out to be fact

And that's a fact? Are you sure?

and it makes me laugh, to the ones that say "oh i dont like it bla bla" well, instead of cheering at the concerts, why not just boo? or do nothing? or even better just try to enjoy the fact that U2 are back on the road, rather than picking holes in things there doing, wont be with us forever

Now you're using the old trick of accusing us of being anti-U2 just because we have a critical opinion about some of the things they're doing right now and we think that they should have the capability of improving what they're doing right now. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We love them.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

Now you're using the old trick of accusing us of being anti-U2 just because we have a critical opinion about some of the things they're doing right now and should have the capability of improving what they're doing right now. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We love them.
i never said your "anti-U2", and i understand maybe you dont like what there doing now, but you need to relise that people DO like what there doing, and possibly dont want anything to change, but the people that dont like it seem to think they have the god given right to try and get it changed,

Neilz said:
I don't like the idea of hearing a song twice at a U2 gig... Especially Vertigo! And of course I will be overwelmed by the whole gig, and won't complain about anything the next day!

I think the best argument is; Why do Vertigo 2 times when you can end with 40! All the argument's supporting the double Vertigo fall to pieces with that one!

U2 has a very VERY large catalogue of fantastic songs... Why waste one spot in the 22 song gig with a 2nd version of Vertigo :huh:
why dont they do 40? it didnt have the magic it once had, just need to listen to a few boots from the 1st leg to discover that, all in my humble opinion of course

U2Man said:

Now you're using the old trick of accusing us of being anti-U2 just because we have a critical opinion about some of the things they're doing right now and should have the capability of improving what they're doing right now. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We don't hate them. We love them.

I know people who never have a fight in their relationship. and boy are they happy...NOT..

U2man at least we agree :wink:

The concerts will be great in Amsterdam but YES I will boo them if they play Vertigo twice and I don't care. and neither will the boys unfortunately :wink:

Back
Top Bottom