VertigoX2 appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how the hell has a thread that was supposed to be about appretiation, once again turned into a bitch thread?

KUEFC09U2 said:
how the hell has a thread that was supposed to be about appretiation, once again turned into a bitch thread?

and I wonder, where is the love...

zwervers2 said:

and I wonder, where is the love...
thats not the point, its very sad when a thread started for people who appretiate something, suddenly becomes a bitch thread

KUEFC09U2 said:
thats not the point, its very sad when a thread started for people who appretiate something, suddenly becomes a bitch thread

I know I know but is it bitching KUEFC09U2...with the exception of 1 or 2 post the mood is mild so to speak..Nobody is saying stuff like I hate the Band, Bono sucks, Vertigo is a joke...Some people feel it time for a change...maybe it is the wrong place...but on the other hand..how many arguments could people come up with to "justify"vertigo 2...I mean if it weren't for the "bitching"this thread would problably been neglected by now I think

zwervers2 said:

I know I know but is it bitching KUEFC09U2...with the exception of 1 or 2 post the mood is mild so to speak..Nobody is saying stuff like I hate the Band, Bono sucks, Vertigo is a joke...Some people feel it time for a change...maybe it is the wrong place...but on the other hand..how many arguments could people come up with to "justify"vertigo 2...I mean if it weren't for the "bitching"this thread would problably been neglected by now I think
Exactly! I suppose KUEFC09U2 is refering to my last post.. But I don't think of it as bitching! Very sad that I can't even give my opinion without getting a comment like that!

Just because I don't like the vertigox2 thing doesnt mean I don't love U2!

Before the gig I went to, I thought "what the hell are they playing at playing Vertigo twice?!" - but when I was there, and they started it up for the last song of the nite, it sounded great and I loved it.

:up:

Aardvark747 said:
Before the gig I went to, I thought "what the hell are they playing at playing Vertigo twice?!" - but when I was there, and they started it up for the last song of the nite, it sounded great and I loved it.

shame on you!!!
:wink:

Aardvark747 said:

I am absolutely 100% sure that I will have the same feeling after the Amsterdam gigs... But that doesn't mean that it is still a weird idea to drop a far better song like Bad, Walk On or 40 for a second Vertigo...

Neilz said:

I am absolutely 100% sure that I will have the same feeling after the Amsterdam gigs... But that doesn't mean that it is still a weird idea to drop a far better song like Bad, Walk On or 40 for a second Vertigo...

Neilz said:

But surely you realise, that the chances of them ending a gig on this tour, with the same song they ended (I think) ALL the gigs on the LAST tour with, are highly unlikely.

I agree that Bad would be a nice ending to a show, but as for 40 - I really don't get everyone's love for this 'song' - I dont even refer to it as a song. I never listen to the version on War, the way it sounds just does nothing for me. I much prefer a version like is on UABRS.
At the end of the day, the part of 40 we all love is the line "How long to sing this song"....so if u wanna hear it, just, start singing it at the end of the encore, and everyone else will join in.

At least THAT way, U2 won't have wasted a track in their set, to just play a couple of minutes of dull music with Bono quoting some lines from the Bible over it...

Aardvark747 said:

But surely you realise, that the chances of them ending a gig on this tour, with the same song they ended (I think) ALL the gigs on the LAST tour with, are highly unlikely.

I agree that Bad would be a nice ending to a show, but as for 40 - I really don't get everyone's love for this 'song' - I dont even refer to it as a song. I never listen to the version on War, the way it sounds just does nothing for me. I much prefer a version like is on UABRS.
At the end of the day, the part of 40 we all love is the line "How long to sing this song"....so if u wanna hear it, just, start singing it at the end of the encore, and everyone else will join in.

At least THAT way, U2 won't have wasted a track in their set, to just play a couple of minutes of dull music with Bono quoting some lines from the Bible over it...

Blasphemy :wink:

I still feel they should close with vertigo and out of control/11 o'clock...the opening (Vertigo 1)without the lights is not so good as the second one so why waste that spot..Again: I love Vertigo in the encore...

I don't want to repeat myself again. I think I have stayed positive and have made fair and mild comments about what I think is wrong with Vertigo two...now go out and appreciate you bastards!!

I remember I knew vertigo was being played, and i said lets go after yahweh so when i am aboutt o l;eave vertigo came on and i couldn't kleave I went crazy it rocked I was on sucha high leaving

Guys its all our fault for Vertigo x 2. We missed the early warning signs.

The problem stemmed for the beginning, the Brooklyn Bridge performance. We were just too slow to react.

Now, its up to the Europeans and the Americans in their second leg to sort this problem out so we don't get Vertigo x 3 when they tour down under.

Its up to you guys, don't let the Southern Hemisphere down!

Sken said:
Guys its all our fault for Vertigo x 2. We missed the early warning signs.

The problem stemmed for the beginning, the Brooklyn Bridge performance. We were just too slow to react.

Now, its up to the Europeans and the Americans in their second leg to sort this problem out so we don't get Vertigo x 3 when they tour down under.

Its up to you guys, don't let the Southern Hemisphere down!

:wink: Good point, Sken....I fear that we're losing the battle at the moment, though, and as you can see, U2 does have an army of 2xVertigo appreciators, too.....

U2Man said:

:wink: Good point, Sken....I fear that we're losing the battle at the moment, though, and as you can see, U2 does have an army of 2xVertigo appreciators, too.....

An army of Vertigox2 appreciators..:yikes:

it does look dull on a setlist because U2 has so much stuff that they could play, so why play the same song twice? i was a bit worried about that but a friend of mine saw it live and said that it's great. "it sort of zaps the energy back into you" she said. i am forced to believe her. :wink:

*sofia* said:
it does look dull on a setlist because U2 has so much stuff that they could play, so why play the same song twice? i was a bit worried about that but a friend of mine saw it live and said that it's great. "it sort of zaps the energy back into you" she said. i am forced to believe her. :wink:
as i said. it gave me the feeling of the concert travelling full circle, and leaving me with a complete feeling

Back
Top Bottom