VertigoX2 appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ramblin rose said:

I hope you don't hold up that banner at a show.:wink:

However, I have total faith that you will track down the band this week and discuss with them the general complaints and get their responses to post here.

Don't let us down. Its your town and a small one at that, I'm sure you should be able to bump into them.

Here's a list of things to ask them:

1)Vertigo x2 why? (obvious)

6) And speaking of the Everyone's please find out why they dropped them.

number 6 is easy.As soon as they found out about some negative posts about Vertigo twice it was an easy decision to drop the everyone's ...they now should be doing Almost Everyone ALMOST EVERYONE..hahaha

the soul waits said:
Wow I didn't know they dropped the Everyones! :ohmy:

I LOVED those in Brussels!

you I liked it in Chicago.. The really bad thing is that I can not remember anything from the concert except for the hillbilly that wanted to start a fight...oh and the goosebumps during OOTS:drool:

zwervers2 said:

you I liked it in Chicago.. The really bad thing is that I can not remember anything from the concert except for the hillbilly that wanted to start a fight...oh and the goosebumps during OOTS:drool:

What do you MEAN, you cant remember anything from the concert?????? Were you drunk/high/stoned?? :ohmy:
Let's hope that doesnt happen to you during U2's concert this week :wink:

the soul waits said:

What do you MEAN, you cant remember anything from the concert?????? Were you drunk/high/stoned?? :ohmy:
Let's hope that doesnt happen to you during U2's concert this week :wink:

I kid you not I had 2 beers no weet or something..nothing. It was a flash and it was over...very weird..wasn't totally into the concert for some reason..Maybe that's why I am not to thrilled about the tour because this was by far the worst concertexperience I had U2wise...looking at the setlist I would say wow great show. listening to the bootleg, wow great show, watcfhing the dvd wow great show. being there okay show...
it is pretty sad really..I think it had to do with the public around me who only cheered for sbs, BD, elevation, streets and pride..

It was really strange: when Edge started City of blinding lights everyone around us got real excited and I know for a fact that they were thinking it was streets..you could tell by the reaction when the piano started..was really strange hahaha

LOL too funny, they were fooled into COBL.

I'm sorry to hear that though-to travel all the way to the USA to see U2 and then to not remember if afterwards - could only happen to a Dutchie :wink: :madspit:

Are you planning on tracking them down after they've arrived?
Which day are you going? I'm still looking for 2 tix for the 3rd day. Haven't really put much effort into searching for them, have been swamped at work and too busy with my social life, lol and now I wanna pull my hair out with tweezers because I've procrastinated :mad:

the soul waits said:
LOL too funny, they were fooled into COBL.

I'm sorry to hear that though-to travel all the way to the USA to see U2 and then to not remember if afterwards - could only happen to a Dutchie :wink: :madspit:

Which day are you going? I'm still looking for 2 tix for the 3rd day. Haven't really put much effort into searching for them, have been swamped at work and too busy with my social life, lol and now I wanna pull my hair out with tweezers because I've procrastinated :mad:

I will certainly go to see them friday and saturday. got a ticket for wednesday(was promised by a friend of mine) but due to the departure of my love on wednesday I won;t be able to be at front. Don't know if I'm going I problably will:wink:
just to get my mind of things

the soul waits said:

Of course he is. He's got of list of things to discuss with them.

By the way, I just thought of something else which has really been bothering me. It also has to do with the Vertigo. Why, for the love of God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary did Bono decide unilaterally that "sparkle" was better than "twinkle". There I am driving along listening to some bootleg singing along to Vertigo and bam I sing "twinkle" he sings "sparkle". I finally get used to that and then I'm listening to the album trying again to sing along and bam I sing "sparkle" and he sings "twinkle". WTF. It's so wrong.

Can you please find that out for me too?

Thanks.

ramblin rose said:

Of course he is. He's got of list of things to discuss with them.

By the way, I just thought of something else which has really been bothering me. It also has to do with the Vertigo. Why, for the love of God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary did Bono decide unilaterally that "sparkle" was better than "twinkle". There I am driving along listening to some bootleg singing along to Vertigo and bam I sing "twinkle" he sings "sparkle". I finally get used to that and then I'm listening to the album trying again to sing along and bam I sing "sparkle" and he sings "twinkle". WTF. It's so wrong.

Can you please find that out for me too?

Thanks.

so question number 7: why sparkle instead of twinkle in Vertigo?

check!

As a closer, Vertigo is a stormer, with the screens added due to the darkness...I just wish for something else as an opener...looks like it is here to stay, though!

It will be interesting to see if they keep it x2 when they return to the US...

KUEFC09U2 said:
why dont they do 40? it didnt have the magic it once had, just need to listen to a few boots from the 1st leg to discover that, all in my humble opinion of course
Then end with Walk On! A great ending to a U2 gig and a single from one of their top albums... I'm not asking for 40 perse... Just wondering why wasting a song from their large list for second Vertigo...

Neilz said:

Then end with Walk On! A great ending to a U2 gig and a single from one of their top albums... I'm not asking for 40 perse... Just wondering why wasting a song from their large list for second Vertigo...
and then if they done that people would bitch that they ended with it last tour bla bla,

i just think they feel vertigo brings the concert full circle, thats how i felt when i heard it in manchester, and it was a great fufilling feeling

Neilz said:

No, you know exactly why they are doing it twice. Its been said a million times. You just dont like it. Big difference.

Usual suspects posting the same crap on this thread. Some ridiculous comments by the anti Vertigo 2x's people that seem to get repeated every single thread this is brought up. Add something new or move on with it.

^^^^^^

exactly. if i really cared how they felt, i would have acknowledged them the first time.

zwervers2 said:

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!

I love this tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait till wednesday and I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

Hey what the?? What have you done with the REAL zwervers2 you fiend? :wink:

How ya doing matey? Are you counting the hours? :drool:

Might as well throw my comments in...

I actually did like Vertigo2, even tho I had pretty much guessed it was going to happen (too much time reading Interference setlist party posts LOL).

I have to say tho...and I said this many, many weeks ago before the Glasgow gig, I would really have loved to hear 40 playing out the concert. I have never been to a U2 gig that ended on 40, so I was hoping to catch some of the vibe that always surrounded that song. :drool:

That said, I enjoyed Vertigo's reprise and I just about managed to make my old and tired knees bounce one more time (ouch).

stevec said:

Hey what the?? What have you done with the REAL zwervers2 you fiend? :wink:

How ya doing matey? Are you counting the hours? :drool:

yes I am...Can't wait...oh by the way.the real zwervers2 is taking a shower singing Vertigo for the 6th time in a row:eyebrow:

zwervers2 said:

yes I am...Can't wait...oh by the way.the real zwervers2 is taking a shower singing Vertigo for the 6th time in a row:eyebrow:

:lmao:

Wish it was me man...if nothing else it would give me an excuse to visit Amsterdam again! Have a great show!!

I guess its cool, that not everyone said 'wow they love V x 2' in this thread, but it does get boring the same old, saying the same old in every other thread.

If Im honest, when I noticed that on the 1st leg they sometimes opened with and closed with Vertigo, I was like 'I hope they don't do that the 2nd leg shows I was going to' as I have never heard '40' live and was not that a big fan of Vertigo as a song.

But once I experienced Vx2 , its great how its works as a show opener with the 'hello, hello' line and the basic lighting and then at the end with the full on red and black visuals! Its the same song twice, but with a different effect each time.

U2 have how many great songs they could end a show with? its obvious that they could never please everyone, so why don't do something that people really don't/didn't expect like closing with the opening song!

40 is a great show closer, but its obvious a show closer, I like U2's live shows as I never know what to expect, I mean Ive been to U2 shows that have had the exact same set list, at the time I was a bit like 'pfff same songs again' but thats the great thing about a U2 show, you just never know! I mean when I was at DUB3 and they opened with Vertigo, I was like, 'oh well' but they surprised the crowd by coming on again after playing Vertgio at the end of Encore 1. See its good when the band does surprise the crowd. Ive only seen them open with the V song on this tour, I would love to see a show that opens with Love and Peace or COBL, but I aint, but I love the fact the they have done at all.

I guess I just like that they do things I dont always expect, just like not expecting them to come on at the start of the Elevation tour with the house lights still on.

Think, Ive repeated myself a few times in the post, and prob repeated what others have said, so sorry if you've read this post and bored u, but its just my views!

For all those going to Amsterdam and all the other shows, enjoy and if you can't appericate V x 2, well just appericate hearing 21 other songs some obvious like Where The Streets Have No Name and some not so obvious like The Electric Co and Zoo Station!

Enjoy

Vertigo 2 would be good if they already played Yaweh, then Bad or 40 to 'close' the show, but they really wanted to play another song so they're like 'fuck, we don't have any more songs to play! . . . lets play Vertigo again!"

but if they do it every single night, it's just lame.

What, do they think Vertigo is in the ranks of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, worthy of being played twice at every show?! Give me a break!

I LOVED VERTIGO TWICE! :) :)

It's just TRUE that it you weren't there, you just can't tell - it looks D U L L on the internet setlists sure, but I loved it in Brussels!! :madspit:

but if they do it every single night, it's just lame.

What, do they think Vertigo is in the ranks of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, worthy of being played twice at every show?! Give me a break! [/B]

I ain't saying Vertigo is the best ever U2 song, but its a song that gets the crowd going, which ain't a bad thing for a Rock Band to do esp in a stadium.

I guess, some will see it as being lame, I loved the Elevation tour, and everytime I went they opened with Elevation and closed with Walk On, I didnt come to this website then, but maybe some saw that as lame or maybe Im just lame.

I think people are lame that can't understand the band are doing something different and that actually works, instead being so obvious and close with Walk On, Bad, 40 etc.

11 o'Clock Tick Tock is a great song, maybe the band are being lame by playing other old album tracks instead of just classic singles, but me likes :yes:

shaq said:

I ain't saying Vertigo is the best ever U2 song, but its a song that gets the crowd going, which ain't a bad thing for a Rock Band to do esp in a stadium.

I guess, some will see it as being lame, I loved the Elevation tour, and everytime I went they opened with Elevation and closed with Walk On, I didnt come to this website then, but maybe some saw that as lame or maybe Im just lame.

I think people are lame that can't understand the band are doing something different and that actually works, instead being so obvious and close with Walk On, Bad, 40 etc.

11 o'Clock Tick Tock is a great song, maybe the band are being lame by playing other old album tracks instead of just classic singles, but me likes :yes:
I totally support the band doing something new and different... But Vertigo is not their best track by fár! So why repeat it a second time? You are saying that it gets the crowd going... Well, if they'de end with Walk On, or 40! That would get ME going!

It would have been the same if with last tour they would have started with Elevation and end with Elevation... I just think it's stupid when you have SO many great songs to choose from... I understand that the 'big' audience likes Vertigo as it's their summer hit, but a U2 gig should end with a proper song...

Back
Top Bottom