Vertigo tour = worst opening bands ever!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZBYCH said:
Last time around we had to stand Die Sohne Manheims & Kelis.... that was BAD!!! now it was heaven!
Die Sohne Manheims were really REALLY bad indeed! They didn't deserve to play on the same stage as U2... Never thought I would see a band thát bad!

HelloAngel said:
The Killers are not up to their game in concert, however Interpol are fucking amazing...if you are an Interpol fan or like that kind of downtempo music.

Interpol are downtempo?

I had know I idea who the two opening bands were that played at U2s Copenhagen gig but I do know that all I heard was a horrible noice that was being played way to loud and eventually gave me a headache!!:grumpy: Luckily my friend had some aspirins with her!!!:hug:

Kelis was pretty bad in Arnhem 2001, PJ Harvey was just a load of loud noise during Nijmegen 1993. None were as bad as Howie B. during Rotterdam 1997. DJ's aren't musicians and have no f***ing business opening at a rock show.

Of the three Vertigo shows I saw Athlete was the most boring opener. Valium should be a better name. I don't understand the Snow Patrol appreciation society cause they were marginally less boring. Plus the singer should take his guitar to a repairman. A guitar that has to be tuned 5 times prior to the show by a roadie and after every song isn't functioning properly. The Zutons weren't bad in Munich although they did do to many slow countrylike songs. I also suspect that the female saxophone player is only in the band cause she sleeps with one of the bandmembers. She doesn't really contribute much to the overal sound.
Keane needs a guitar and bass player to add more to their sound cause after a while it become monotenous. Still, the y gave it all, especially the drummer and piano player who was headbanging like he's playing in Slayer instead of Keane. I really like it when musicians totally get into their music.
Best band by far was The Music. The only act that made me actually want to look for some of their music. Still, their music is still suited more towards smaller clubs where the crowd can go nuts.

well, when we went to Manchester 1, we missed both the support groups as we were in the massive queue to get a beer!!!! But they sounded ok.:rolleyes:

DignityPassesBy said:
PJ harvey i would but keep snow patrol and the killer. i think interpol are so over-rated

stereophonics were a good opener for Elevation... sorry I missed them.

IMO The Joshua Tree tour had the best support acts

Lou Reed
Lone Justice
The Pogues
The Mission
Cactus World News

feel free to add.

Three words: Third Eye Blind.
Uggghhh
that was the high point of their career-easy!

KOL sucks.

PJ rocked!

Dashboard? Wha?

Meanwhile Europe got Killers, Franz, Snow Patrol, Interpol and like 5 other solid bands.

The Doves or Elbow need to open for them so that they get exposure and people with good taste (who love U2) start listening.

The Pixies opened for a few dates of Zoo TV, I think. I had tickets to see them last winter, and they cancelled a few weeks before the show so they could play in Boston that night instead. While I can't imagine getting much more excited for a U2 show, getting to see the Pixies, too, would be pure bliss. :drool:

Celticfc said:
IMO The Joshua Tree tour had the best support acts

Lou Reed
Lone Justice
The Pogues
The Mission
Cactus World News

feel free to add.

Los Lobos opened for them in Syracuse. To this day that is the best band that's opened for them at any U2 concert I've been to. PJ Harvey was actually a nice surprise for Elevation.

I am excited to have Dashboard and Keane on this tour. At least I know some of their songs. Not that that's a requirement, but it's always more fun when you know the music.

Ba la la la bamba!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom