Vertigo Tour: What's in a Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Vertigo tour, eh? I dunno if i'm sold on that one. I mean that's 2 straight tours with song titles at the head. Haven't had that since . . . wait, we've never had that. I hope that this tour isn't what it's hyped up to be so far.

I think it's rather bland, especially following the Elevation Tour, but remember that in the eighties, we had this very creative succession of tours: Boy, October, Pre-War, War, Unforgettable Fire. Joshua Tree. Lovetown broke that pattern.

honestly, I don't care what the tour is called... but let's just say that finding out that it's called the "Vertigo Tour" was a little... anti-climactic

hahaha, sorry about my "complaining. i dont mean to bug ya. i'm just super excited about the new tour (finally) and that was the first thing that came to my mind that was worth talking about.

And, yes, ZooTV is the best tour name ever

Vertigo is a great tour name, Vertigo has so many meanings, which could meen endless possibilities of arranagments for this tour, its going to be sweet! U2 RULES

As usual, with U2, once you get into the arena, see the setup, feel the vibe of the crowd, and then see the show you will then understand the meaning and theme behind the name.

Patience Luke, patience...:huh:

I don't like the title. I'm sure it took all of thirty seconds to come up with, but I agree with korczykp - the tour title doesn't bother me too much. I'll be wearing my Vertigo tour t-shirts (x5) with pride :D

Perhaps this means Vertigo will defnitely be the opener, if they follow form of the last tour.

It's a poor choice in my opinion. Very bland, and very obvious.
I wasn't keen on The Elevation Tour as a title - but didnt whine about it...

Could there be a little lack of enthusiasm from the boys?:eyebrow:

Aardvark747 said:
It's a poor choice in my opinion. Very bland, and very obvious.
I wasn't keen on The Elevation Tour as a title - but didnt whine about it...

Could there be a little lack of enthusiasm from the boys?:eyebrow:

On the other hand tho......

TOUR DATESS SOON!!! YEAH YEAHH DOUBLE FUCK YEAHHHHH!!:wink: :drool: :drool: :wink:

It could be a theme. According to the goss the stage will be a circular target thingie. That would be cool.

I actually like the tour name Vertigo, but then no one likes what I like :mad:

beli said:
It could be a theme. According to the goss the stage will be a circular target thingie. That would be cool.

I actually like the tour name Vertigo, but then no one likes what I like :mad:

i've heard rumours of a rotating stage, which, if it malfunctions in teh style of the Lemon, could be very amusing...

I heard that too. I've never seen a rotating stage. Sounds good to me. Better for the ear drums, instead of just going deaf in the one ear closest the speakers, we can go deaf in both ears. :hyper:

beli said:
I heard that too. I've never seen a rotating stage. Sounds good to me. Better for the ear drums, instead of just going deaf in the one ear closest the speakers, we can go deaf in both ears. :hyper:

:laugh:
Tinnitus, you're getting a new victim!

Peter Gabriel did a in-the-round stage that rotated in '02. This stage setup sounds pretty similar. It was very cool. He also had a B-stage that was vertical. As in it came down from the ceiling. It had more of a "heaven and earth" feel than the typical "end stage/then we walk out to the b-stage" which has been done to death.

:up:
Cool name.
I like it, especially if they really will go with a rotating target stage.

Back
Top Bottom