Vertigo tour = lack of emotion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
It seems the Elevation tour was delt more on a personal level, with songs like Kite, Stuck In A Moment, Walk On...

But now with the Vertigo tour, I don't hear any real emotion in this tour, maybe for "Sometimes You Can't..." that may be the only emotional part of the show...

Anyone else feel this way?

theres no way to judge this unless you're at the concerts...bootlegs aren't gonna give you an intimate feeling...

the vertigo tour has quite a rock setlist though, nothin compared to the last tour...

LaPoE/Vertigo/Elevation/Electric Co

New Years day/SBS/Bullet

Zoo Station/The Fly/Mysterious ways

"as the boys play rock and roll"...nothin to add to that. theyre rockin this tour...

I think the emotions are different...a cry for peace...Love and Peace or Else/SBS/Bullet.

Human(African) rights Pride/Streets/One.

A call to God: ABOY/Yahweh/40.

I think the emotion is there but in a different form.
Elevation had some emotion towards the One campaign and peace, and yes, I agree it may be more personal with Kite/Stuck/ and Walk On. However, I think they took an "Everyone" perspective here.

Oh how i hate people who judge something they havent even seen yet! Why don't you go see the show and then you tell me if there is no emotion! I bet you will not be able to. And for your informtion there is tons of emation.. another example you forgot to mention is ONE and plus emotion doesnt have to be dictated by "slow songs" emotion can be accompanied by slow fast hard songs as well.

Please don't judge the concert like alot of idiots are doing here without actualy seeing it first.

dabiggestu2fan said:
Oh how i hate people who judge something they havent even seen yet! Why don't you go see the show and then you tell me if there is no emotion! I bet you will not be able to. And for your informtion there is tons of emation.. another example you forgot to mention is ONE and plus emotion doesnt have to be dictated by "slow songs" emotion can be accompanied by slow fast hard songs as well.

Please don't judge the concert like alot of idiots are doing here without actualy seeing it first.

It was a simple question they asked. No need to start using the words idiots and hate. Relax...

jammin909 said:

It was a simple question they asked. No need to start using the words idiots and hate. Relax...
why relax when people are making stupid comments?

I think a lot of people equate Elevation with more emotion due to the heart and also the fact that a lot of people saw their shows after 9/11, when a lot of us certainly felt as if just going to a rock and roll show helped us heal.

As for Vertigo lacking it, I guess you just have to go and see for yourself. I went to my first show of this tour last weekend, and there was no lack of emotion from what I could tell. I was in the front row and saw for myself the band puts 100% of their hearts and souls into performing for their audience, and we just give it right back to them. It's amazing. :up:

might be stupid to you and you may not like the question......

AND you also have the right to voice your displeasure of this thread, but calling people "IDIOTS"?:shame:

Okey I rephrase what my point i am trying to make here is that alot of people are bashing U2 and their tour for one lack of emotion, 2 the songs they don't play, 3 bono's voice and so on and I feel like alot of the time i come in here and read nothing but negative things about U2 (look at Jick's posts for one example) I don't like to come here to read about negative things naturaly I am a big U2 fan and when I see a fan club with lots of people bashing their new album or the fact they played elevation or bashing their tour I am ganna get irritated and if i think they are idiots (the bashers) then i have the right to my opinion. And when I use the word idiots I don't mean everyone who bashes U2 i mean the people who bush U2 that can't show any good reason why they are bashing U2. To me if i read about how a concert sucked I wanna read it if the person who wrote it was actualy there in concert but if your bashing U2's concerts without actualy being there and knowing what its all about then sorry i think your an idiot!

My 2 cents

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think a lot of people equate Elevation with more emotion due to the heart and also the fact that a lot of people saw their shows after 9/11, when a lot of us certainly felt as if just going to a rock and roll show helped us heal.

As for Vertigo lacking it, I guess you just have to go and see for yourself. I went to my first show of this tour last weekend, and there was no lack of emotion from what I could tell. I was in the front row and saw for myself the band puts 100% of their hearts and souls into performing for their audience, and we just give it right back to them. It's amazing.

I couldn't say it any better than this. :up:

i agree w/ April- 9/11 had a lot to do with the intensity of the Elevation tour. plus, bono's dad was sick during the entire tour, and passed away in the middle- that certainly affected the performance and meaning of many songs. in addition, i think the band relished being in an intimate setting again, after the huge spectacle that was PopMart. there was a maybe a rediscovered connection with the audience, and the novelty of that probably heightened the concert experience (both for the band and concertgoers).

having seen SD1 from the outside rail of the ellipse, i can confidently say that the band is definitely putting 110% of their energy into this show. the emotions are still there, they are just different from those expressed/experienced on the last tour... :)

starsgoblue said:

I couldn't say it any better than this. :up:

i bet you could if you put a little effort into it

such laziness :wink:

i think that what the vertigo tour may lack in emotion it more than makes up for in energy

the new songs are more rocking then the ones off atyclb, and personally i like more rocking songs in concert

Not that many emotional songs? I guess it largely depends on your definition of "emotion" - if we're talking tear jerkers, then yes, there weren't that many. What about emotions such as excitement, anger, happiness, hope, love, satisfaction, release....etc? They're present in spades.

Chizip said:

i bet you could if you put a little effort into it

such laziness :wink:

i think that what the vertigo tour may lack in emotion it more than makes up for in energy

the new songs are more rocking then the ones off atyclb, and personally i like more rocking songs in concert

Maybe I'll just have to exert myself to give you a sound whumping. :wink:

theu2fly said:
It seems the Elevation tour was delt more on a personal level, with songs like Kite, Stuck In A Moment, Walk On...

But now with the Vertigo tour, I don't hear any real emotion in this tour, maybe for "Sometimes You Can't..." that may be the only emotional part of the show...

Anyone else feel this way?

No.

What a dumb analysis? Certain songs = more personal... based on a fan reading setlists or hearing bootlegs.

I think many of the new songs are much more personal/ close to the heart then many classics.

Back
Top Bottom