Vertigo Tour in danger ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Spain

Acrobat
Someone from South American has posted in an spanish forum that an argentinian radio has reported that Edge daughter has gone into a Hospital in Los Angeles and that edge has gone with him.

Anyone knows something about it?

considering its not being reported anywhere else, on any other forum, i would guess its untrue

as i said, considering the fact they only played a show last night, and it hasnt been reported anywhere else apart from a spanish forum, its untrue

Well, fuck the Vertigo tour, let's just hope Edge's daughter gets well.

Terminado el concierto, el guitarrista de U2 tomo un avión privado hasta Los Angeles por complicaciones en el estado de salud de su hija, y fue causa posible para suspender o correr las fechas pendientes. Todavía no hay nada confirmado de manera oficial, pero es un hecho. La hija del guitarrista esta grave y existe la posibilidad que las cosas sean grises para todos. Negras para el. Veremos en que termina todo esto.

After the concert finished, U2's guitarist took a private plane to Los Angeles due to complications in the health of his daughter, which could be a cause for cancellation or rescheduling of the pending dates. There is nothing officially confirmed but it is a fact. The guitarist daughter is in grave condition and there exists the possiblity that things will be gray for everyone. Black for him. We'll see how this all ends.

Rough translation but shit this is awful if true. Does anyone here from Argentina know this site? Is it realiable? And I mean awful for Edge, fuck the tour.

I hope she's alright! This is awful if it's true

I wish I'd taken more spanish. I haven't seen anything on the local news but unless there was a crowd outside Cedar Sinai I doubt they'd report it.

just looks like someone random posting on a blog?, surley to god if true there would be more people on all the U2 boards that would know about it, fingers crossed anyway :|

I don't know anything about the site, but this part sounds pretty tabloid-esque:

The guitarist daughter is in grave condition and there exists the possiblity that things will be gray for everyone. Black for him. We'll see how this all ends.
:hmm:

El líder de la banda irlandesa U2, Bono, se compadeció de la larga espera de sus fans en México para lograr un buen sitio en el concierto y les mandó pizzas. Muchos seguidores de la banda pasaron la noche previa en tiendas de campaña junto al Estadio Azteca, para ser los primeros en entrar al campo de juego para el concierto de anoche, que reunió a 70.000 personas. En eso estaban, cuando el vocalista de U2, después de una prueba de sonido, se detuvo frente a ellos en una camioneta, intercambió un par de palabras y les preguntó cuánto tiempo llevaban de espera. Bono se despidió sin más, pero al rato llegaron al lugar varias camionetas repartidoras de pizza, cortesía del músico.

Update: Se sabe que la hija de The Edge esta pasando un cancer a temprana edad, y fue motivo que U2 no confirmara la fecha de mexico hasta 4 hs antes de lo pactado.
Terminado el concierto, el guitarrista de U2 tomo un avión privado hasta Los Angeles por complicaciones en el estado de salud de su hija, y fue causa posible para suspender o correr las fechas pendientes. Todavía no hay nada confirmado de manera oficial, pero es un hecho. La hija del guitarrista esta grave y existe la posibilidad que las cosas sean grises para todos. Negras para el. Veremos en que termina todo esto

through google translator

The leader of the Irish band U2, Bono, felt sorry of the long delay of his fans in Mexico to obtain a good site in the concert and he sent pizzas to them. Many followers of the band spent the previous night in tents next to the Aztec Stage, to be first in entering the playground for the concert of last night, that reunited to 70,000 people. In that they were, when the vocalista of U2, after a test of sound, in front of stopped them in a light truck, interchanged a pair of words and he asked to them how long they took of delay. Bono took leave immediately, but at the short while several distributing light trucks arrived at the place from pizza, courtesy of the musician. Update: This is known that to the daughter of The Edge happening to cancer to early age, and was reason that U2 did not confirm the date of mexico up to 4 hs before the agreed thing. Finished the concert, the guitarist of U2 volume an airplane deprived until Los Angeles by complications in the state of health of its daughter, and was cause possible to suspend or to run the pending dates. Still there is nothing no confirmed of official way, but it is a fact. The daughter of the guitarist this serious one and exists the possibility that the things are gray for all. Blacks for. We will see in that all this finishes

if the edge knew about it before the concert, i dont think he would of went ahead and played a 2 hour + show, he would have flew straight out to LA imo

I'm skeptical. Sounds like the unconfirmed rumour mill to me.

Couldn't Edge have just been flying home because Mexico City is near to his LA home and he'd just like to spend more time with his family? Doesn't necessarily mean the health of any family member has taken a turn for the worst.

redkat said:
it's true he seems to come back whenever possible

If that's the case, maybe it's possible that while doing a bit of research for their article on the concert, maybe they only now found out that his daughter was sick.....and if it came out that he was heading home to be with her, maybe they erroneously figured that it was an emergency...:hmm:

I doubt the band would add shows in 2006 if his daughter was getting worse, I'm sure he knew her long term status before they announced more shows.

I saw that "rumor" posted on the u2mexico site, but didn't say anything since it only appeared to be a rumor. Let's just hope everyone is okay and the rumor is untrue

:hug:

Axver said:
I'm skeptical. Sounds like the unconfirmed rumour mill to me.

Couldn't Edge have just been flying home because Mexico City is near to his LA home and he'd just like to spend more time with his family? Doesn't necessarily mean the health of any family member has taken a turn for the worst.

Very good point, Axver. I hope that this is the case.

it fishy because of many reasons, number 1, if the edge had just heard his daughter was getting worse before the second gig in MC, he would have went right away rather than spend 6+ hours at the gig (including the 4 hours before, in which this article said the band confirmed the gig in), and this "rumour" hasnt been posten anywhere else,

Crap. Hope this is all completely false.

:slant:

Not for the tour's sake of course.

So not the topic to (start) rumor(s) about.

Why on earth would some-one post this on their blog?
(If they're not sure it's true).
That's what I would like to know.

God, this is tugging at my heart strings.
I'm literally feeling sick to my stomach.

I sure hope it turns out the be complete bull.
'Cause if it isn't:

that's truelly devastating (for the Edge, Morleigh and their family & friends).

:sad:

:hug:
Although that doesn't seem to cut it at all.

Once again, I hope that report is as far removed from the truth as possible.
Untrue.
Fake.
A load of crap.
Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom