Vertigo Tour in danger ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utoo said:

If that's the case, maybe it's possible that while doing a bit of research for their article on the concert, maybe they only now found out that his daughter was sick.....and if it came out that he was heading home to be with her, maybe they erroneously figured that it was an emergency...:hmm:

I think this is the most logical explaination

still :madspit: to false rumors

I can't even put into words how sad... I don't want to believe this.
Since I don't know... I hope it's only delayed reporting by someone that is just discovering there was an illness that caused the delay of the opening of the Vertigo tour in the beginning..

Please :heart:

or the fact that theres no reports of any shows being cancelled anywhere else, it is just fake

Well, its less than 72 hours to show time at Morumbi Stadium, in Sao Paulo Brazil on Monday February 20. No cancelations so far, but will probably have to wait until show time on Monday for this rumor to completely go away.

does anyone know what was wrong with his daughter to begin with? no speculations.. just someone who knows (maybe i missed it in a previous thread)

ttyl

Found this over at @U2 - everything looks to be progressing with the tour

The first three dates of Vertigo 2006 are in the books, and U2's next stop is Sao Paulo's Morumbi Stadium, where crews have been busy putting together the stage for several days now. Fans are already camping outside the stadium, even though the concerts won't happen until Monday and Tuesday nights. Meanwhile, Brazilian media report that U2 is expected to arrive in Sao Paulo late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Fans at the Brazilian site Ultraviolet have posted a few photos of the stage being put together earlier this week. Use the link (thx AV) and scroll down a bit...
see more photos at Ultraviolet-U2.com >>

:rolleyes:

people spreading speculative rumors really need to get a life. the guy can't go home for a couple days between shows? sheesh!

hope the guy who spread the rumor reads Chrissi's post :up:

Here's a Brazilian U2 blog (in English):
http://www.reginaonumb.blogger.com.br/

The latest entry is (from a newspaper):

"U2 arrives in Sao Paulo, early morning of sunday
According to Universal Music, U2 will arrive this sunday (early morning). They will fly in a prive jet. No time or the name of the airport were revealed. From the airport they will run dircetly to the hotel, at south region of Sao Paulo city, near at the stadium. After the second Mexico´s show (feb 16th) they flew to Acapulco, in Mexico. "

ntalwar said:
Here's a Brazilian U2 blog (in English):
http://www.reginaonumb.blogger.com.br/

The latest entry is (from a newspaper):

"U2 arrives in Sao Paulo, early morning of sunday
According to Universal Music, U2 will arrive this sunday (early morning). They will fly in a prive jet. No time or the name of the airport were revealed. From the airport they will run dircetly to the hotel, at south region of Sao Paulo city, near at the stadium. After the second Mexico´s show (feb 16th) they flew to Acapulco, in Mexico. "

My advice is stop stalking them. Let them go to their hotel. They won't sign anything if there is a mob of people when they leave their destination. You South American fans are crazy. They are human beings just like us.

Super_Fan said:

My advice is stop stalking them. Let them go to their hotel. They won't sign anything if there is a mob of people when they leave their destination. You South American fans are crazy. They are human beings just like us.

Um - I hope you're not referring to me, as I'm not South American.
The ones who are stalking them are the paparazzi and the newspapers, and they are the ones publishing information online.

I doubt the site(s) reported this claim maliciously--no doubt they could have done with some more fact-checking, but my guess is this was an honest if unwarranted display of concern.

In any case, childhood leukemia almost always involves many, many hospitalizations, sometimes to induce remission, sometimes to treat the side effects of therapy, so for most parents it would make little sense to totally abandon all their other responsibilities every single time hospitalization occurs.

yolland said:
so for most parents it would make little sense to totally abandon all their other responsibilities every single time hospitalization occurs.

I agree with you on most of what you said, but I cant begine to imagine what it must feel like to be touring the world with your rock band as your daughter is suffering....if he needs to be elsewhere, let the man do what he must...

Well I don't really want to dwell on speculations here--but just to clarify what I meant, and having had some personal experience with children with leukemia, my point is that even under the best of circumstances, the treatment process takes at least 3 years. But during most of that time, treatment is strictly outpatient, the child is not suffering on a day-to-day basis, and most of the inevitable hospitalizations for such-and-such complication will be very brief. That doesn't make the possibilities any less frightening for sure, but we're not talking 3 years of being bedridden and in constant pain--most kids with leukemia, once the early stage of treatment is over, proceed with their schooling, resume playtime with friends, etc. Each set of parents will make their own decisions about how to handle this very long ups-and-downs stage, of course. But I don't think it's inherently shocking or neglectful for a parent whose career calls for lots of travel, and whose spouse and children are used to them being away for long stretches, to resume doing so at this time. Particularly when it's as feasible for them to regularly hop a flight home for quick visits as it is for Edge.

I will not get into detail about this, but information from a reliable source is that there is no factual basis for this speculation, so I say we leave it at this.

Pictures from their arrival to Brazil, the shows, etc. can go on their respective threads.

Good to hear all is well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom