Vertigo tour had features of all tours...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
People may have called Vertigo a boring tour with a bad setlist, but then again I believe that Vertigo had an unique setlist... let's take a look

VERTIGO
I WILL FOLLOW

During the last tour, Elevation, U2 did not use "I Will Follow" after the opening song, I had been waiting for this since POPMart.

UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
NEW YEAR'S DAY

It's been a staple since the days of ZOO TV, the two complete each other.

I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR
ALL I WANT IS YOU

Reminiscent of POPMart, but this time, AIWIY is played in full, not a partial snippet.

BULLET THE BLUE SKY
RUNNING TO STAND STILL

Again, from the days of Joshua Tree, to Zoo TV (but no segue into Streets)

PRIDE
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME

It may not have been the best segue, but I can say that after listening to POPMart Mexico again, that the "Ohs" in PRIDE, is reminiscent of seguing. However, this time it's something different.

ZOO STATION
THE FLY
MYSTERIOUS WAYS

Minus 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' this is the opening trio of ZOO TV.

VERTIGO (CLOSER)

Reminiscent of the days of the old BOY tour, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock opened and closed the show, now Vertigo does the same.

So really, the Vertigo tour is familiar, in the sense that it takes elements from previous tours.

So really, the Vertigo tour is familiar, in the sense that it takes elements from previous tours. [/B]

In a way this worries me...... Hopefully the band is able to come up with something new and breathtaking... I have never experienced the thrill I got while attending the ZOO TV outdoorshows....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom