Vertigo Stagedesign reference to NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.dae

Acrobat
Having seen the first pictures of the vertigo stage and the band opening with City of Blinding Lights I think it`s a big reference to New York City. The "curtain of light" is looking like skyscrapers isn`t it ?

What are your thoughts ?
..and by the way whats the deal with U2 and NYC ?

cheers,
dr,dae

they look like giant nets of lights to me :shrug:

and what wouldn't be the deal with u2 and nyc? the city is engrained in their history... both as a band and as a culture. their first american concert was at the ritz in new york city... the exodous of irish after the great famine led many of them to america looking for a better life... where did they come? ellis island... in new york city.

new york and boston have long histories with the irish in america... thus why u2 seems to have a love afair with both cities. :shrug:

Yes sure. But I thought of a not so historical connection you know...to follow some other thoughts: is the american market so important to U2 ?!

I mean its obvious, the ABOY video, the Gangs of New York song ( I´ve forgotten the name of the song...that says it all). Allt the promo of HTDAAB in the U.S. ?

:eyebrow:

It reminded me more of Berlin or Paris.
And the egg factor made me think of Cletus McGuiness' chicken ranch in Davenport, Iowa.
So I guess its all in the interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom