Vertigo stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ukendrick2

Babyface
I was wondering , with the stage and so many shows..

do they have 2 stages?.. it looks like mission impossible to tear that stage apart and have it set up ready to go in another country in 4 days... or even just the 2-3 gaps in oz tour!..

I thought they had 3 stages. At least 3 construction sets, they only have one screen but when the screen is being transported the construction building is already up.

I do stage builds with IATSE for a living... With U2 I believe there is always a stage being built, always one up, and always one being taken down. With the area tour, it is only one stage. New Zealand stage will be up while Tokyo is being built. Hawaii stage build will prolly begin around the beginning of December, prolly the Aussie stage will be sent to Hawaii this week for storage

SMB

Shawn Bonneau said:
I do stage builds with IATSE for a living... With U2 I believe there is always a stage being built, always one up, and always one being taken down. With the area tour, it is only one stage. New Zealand stage will be up while Tokyo is being built. Hawaii stage build will prolly begin around the beginning of December, prolly the Aussie stage will be sent to Hawaii this week for storage

SMB

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Australia stage to go to Saitama, the NZ stage to Hawaii?

Yeah there's 3 stages. Well thats whats the stage boys in Brisbane told me (while waiting to meet Mr sunglasses himself). One at the show, One at the next venue, and one in transit. All leap frogging each other. I'd say the stages used in Adelaide and Sydney were sent to New Zealand and Japan, while the Melbourne stage will make a bee line straight to Hawaii

There are definately 3 stages (dunno which one goes where though)

There was a program on tv here (Belgian) not too long ago, about ppl working together as teams and one show was adressed to the Stageco boys, building the stage in Milan.

coolian2 said:

Shit, i thought the internet was slow the other day!

Yeah larry refuses to shell out for broadband so they just have to make do with Dial up.

Back
Top Bottom