vertigo pre-show mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allergictomiami

Babyface
Does anyone know what songs they've been playing on the the pa before the lads go on stage?...I vaguely recall these from the 3rd leg NYC gigs

-REM - ?
-the clash - ?
-interpol - ?
-killers - ?
-bowie - rebel rebel
-gorillaz - feel good inc.
-deep dish - flashdance
-arcade fire - wake up (doh!)

i ask cause i've had bits and pieces of the ones I didn't recognize at all stuck in my head, and well would like to know what they are...so if you remember anyone of them at all it would be of great help to my sanity...cheers

allergictomiami said:
Does anyone know what songs they've been playing on the the pa before the lads go on stage?...I vaguely recall these from the 3rd leg NYC gigs

-REM - ?
-the clash - ?
-interpol - ?
-killers - ?
-bowie - rebel rebel
-deep dish - flashdance

i ask cause i've had bits and pieces of the ones I didn't recognize at all stuck in my head, and well would like to know what they are...so if you remember anyone of them at all it would be of great help to my sanity...cheers

The Clash - I believe it's "Rock the Casbah"
Interpol - "Evil"
The Killers - "Somebody Told Me"

In manchester they played about 4 songs off the white stripes latest album and 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkins. They also played a Cure song but cant remember which one.

The Cure song is "Inbetween Days." I know this for a fact, because I've heard that particular Cure song before like seven shows by different artists in the last five years. I made a point of remarking on this during both September shows in Chicago.

But, who knows? It may rotate more than I know or care. If you want some good tunes, both "Inbetween Days" and "A Forest" are pretty good numbers, so it's a win-win situation.

at LA1 they played The Cure -- Just Like Heaven. i guess it rotates. i think they also played The Killers -- Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, but i can't really remember :scratch:

oh wow, thanks a bunch, this is definitely an improvement...according to my vague memory and your suggestions this is what checks out

-REM - leaving new york?
-the clash - rock the casbah
-interpol - evil
-killers - somebody told me
-smashing pumpkins - 1979?
-bowie - rebel rebel
-modest mouse - float on
-the cure - just like heaven
-radiohead - idiotheque
-deep dish - flashdance

the thing that's still getting to me is the 2 songs that (note my list isn't in order) always came before or in b/t the gorillaz song, they were electronica based i vaguely remember thinking it they were a toss up b/t tricky, massive attack and faithless...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Clawgrabber said:
there was definitely a faithless track played (it wasn't tricky or massive attack... because i have all albums by both artists, and would have remembered), and faithless has such distinctive vocals...

but i don't know what song it was

yeah, I thought the same and then proceeded to raid limewire a little earlier before i got distracted with cleaning up the house...I found it, it's called mass destruction...fecking great tune, as is most of faithless' work, now the other one, well I haven't the slightest clue of where to even begin looking...

but thanks, and I envy your collection...

Pop Artist said:
i Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand was in the pre-show mix at the NYC shows.

don't know how i forgot that one, thanks!

Clawgrabber said:
i saw them in seattle, chicago, minneapolis, and dublin, and at all the shows i saw the killers song was definitely "Mr. Brightside"

they must rotate it, but i have heard Brightside at all the shows I have seen.

they I guess they do, because i'm 100% sure I heard Just Like Heaven from Cure, but so many people have listed other of their songs, so it must change to a certain extent, besides I think I only heard Deep Dish's Flashdance on nights 4 and 5 and believe me i would've noticed it the first 3 nights...in any case I'm pretty sure we got Somebody Told Me over in NYC, which really makes my search for the name of that one missing electronic song all the more difficult, cause they might have only played it in nyc! ouch...

Back in April in Denver I seem to recall Green Day's American Idiot, as well as some of the others mentioned already.

Back
Top Bottom