Vertigo DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wouldn't say best ever, but it's still a fantastic track. anyone moaning about it is rather silly...

I'm waiting the most for:

1.zoo tv encore :rockon::rockon::rockon: (zoo station especially :drool:)
2.electric co/an cat dubh/into the heart
3.love and peace, bullet the blue sky (yes, I admit I like vertigo's version of it, however 2 leg version was so much better)
4.cobl, vertigo/stories for boys snippet
5.running to stand still, 40

i am really looking forward to 'an cat dubh'... if it's the version from 5/10, we'll be seeing quite a bit of bono-gyrating and adam-petting. :wink:

also looking forward to 'mysterious ways', since my friend was the one picked to dance. 'the fly' and 'zoo station' should also be great... :up:

i really hope laura's performance of 'party girl' is an easter egg- it was so much fun! :)

gareth brown said:
i wouldn't say best ever, but it's still a fantastic track. anyone moaning about it is rather silly...

Or just happen to have a different opinion than YOU which were allowed to do so why don't you quit moaning!

Songs I'm waiting for the most:

Vertigo
The Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
The Zoo TV encore
Love And Peace Or Else
Original Of The Sepcies
All Because Of You
Yahweh

:hyper:

Last edited:
Chizip said:

annnnnnd we get to see Bullet the Blue Sky again. it's not like we already had that on the Slane or Boston DVD, or Popmart or Zootv videos, or Rattle and Hum...so it will be nice to finally see that! party girl is so overplayed.

Yeah, but U2 looooove to see us use the "skip" button on all our DVD players :drool:

Of all the repeated songs on various DVD's (Pride, One, New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday) the inclusion of Bullet the Blue Sky, a song that sounds totally different each tour and is equally relevant to the message on every single one of them, gets the harshest response. I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward especially to:

The ZooTV encore
Love and Peace or Else
The Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights/Vertigo
Running To Stand Still

^ Oh, don't get us started, we could say things about New Years Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One etc., too....but let's just stop here. :wink:

Regarding Pride, I couldn't stop myself as well...

Seeking Adam said:

Or just happen to have a different opinion than YOU which were allowed to do so why don't you quit moaning!

exactly. It's a matter of opinion, so since you came in here sharing yours, I shared mine. don't take it so personally :wink:

Last edited:
Chizip said:

annnnnnd we get to see Bullet the Blue Sky again. it's not like we already had that on the Slane or Boston DVD, or Popmart or Zootv videos, or Rattle and Hum...so it will be nice to finally see that! party girl is so overplayed.

Kind of hard changing a part of the three most crucial parts of the first leg show. (and a song that actually changes on each tour)
I also think it wasn't official Party girl is in no way or shape NOT coming on the DVD.
Considering it was probably a shaky version, from what I've read, I'd much rather hear Original of the species instead. Good choice from the band.

um if you read correctly i never said they could or should take bullet out of the dvd. i was just making a point to the guy who hates party girl that i would rather see a song that we have only seen once on video over 20 years ago than one we have seen on every video since the song was written.

hell, not even pride, one, new years day or sunday bloody sunday have been on every video release since they've been written, and these are their huge hits. yet for some reason, u2 has an obsession with playing bullet, which wasn't even a single, at every show and putting it on every video release possible. i don't really understand that.

Last edited:
gareth brown said:

exactly. It\'s a matter of opinion, so since you came in here sharing yours, I shared mine. don\'t take it so personally :wink:

exactly. An opinion is an opinion. When someone has different one than you doesnt make it moaning or make any one silly :wink:

Last edited:
knox said:
I absolutely cannot wait to see The Electric Co. It is quite possibly the best song of the tour.

Possibly?
It was definately the defining song.
It's where the show opens up and becomes 3 dimensional(on the europe leg anyway)
You got Bono attacking one side Edge on the other.. You got spotlights appearing from behind the screen.
It's awesome!

Electric Co.
To include that in the setlist is the best decision u2 have made this year.

Electric co was a nice addition this tour.. they played alot OUT OF CONTROL last tour..

Party girl would have been nice, but the guitar solo in bullet is to die for...

I chcked on amazon and there is a deluxe edition and a regular edition...

whats the difference??

***This Limited Edition Double Disc Set comes in special packaging and includes a bonus second disc featuring a ‘behind-the-scenes’ documentary as well as other exclusive unseen performance elements.***

this was on amazon.. so nevermind i got my answer..

Im really looking forward to the arcade fire start.. i hope they put it on the DVD.. it was really really spectacular start

gosh i'd love to see a video of Philly on the 16th or 17th, they were all going out of their heads during electric co.

regardless this is going to be an awesome release, and that promo is fantastic!

OK, to be fair, Party Girl is kind of a silly song, and B-man has pretty much butchered the lyric since the UF tour...but it would still be cool to have it on there :) It probably came down to Party Girl or OOTS...and if that's the case they definitely made the right choice. If you must have Party Girl, watch Red Rocks, far better version anyway.

Back
Top Bottom