Vertigo Chicago DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
I watched the Vertigo Chicago DVD last week and it really dissapointed me compared to other's I had watched in the past.
I can remember watching the Boston DVD and just being blown away. Slane didn't really blow me away at first but I grew to love it.
I decided after not being blown away by this release I would give it another chance as I had watched it being a little tired etc..
The second time I found it alot better and way more entertaining.
Best bits for me are definately The Electric Co. solo from Edge.. mainly cause I saw him do that a couple of feet from my face in Amsterdam :drool: I also love Into The Heart. ZOO Station blew me away more so than seeing it live and The Fly was of course good. SYCMIOYO was performed really well in this video.

However even though i really appreciate the honesty of leaving some not so perfect performances on the DVD I have to say Miracle Drug, Yahweh Streets and a few other songs seemed a bit flat and I think it's to do with the editing.

But yeah I think it's a grower a bit like the Popmart Mexico video for me.

Cheers

I realized the main problem I had with watching the DVD was the fact that I was there for both shows, meaning I was fighting against my own memories of those nights and was seeing the same moments/songs from totally different angles. Make any sense?

So you don't like the DVD because you aren't first row along the rail looking longingly into Bono's eyes. I know how it is.

KUEFC09U2 said:
personally i thought yahweh was the most amazingly shot song on the DVD

It did look amazing when all 4 band members were at the top of the elipse and the camera was panning away from them. It almost looked like a moment that could've been the band takeing their final career bows had Larry had a drum in front of him instead of a keyboard.

weinerdog said:
Can anyone give their 2 cents on whether or not the deluxe version is worth the extra $$ ? Thanks...

Sure. It's ony like $8 more and you get the vertigo tour documentary. It's alright. It's $8 the cost of a fast food meal. I say go for it.

Better than Boston overall IMO, but still doesn't top Slane or Sydney

(I haven't seen Mexico or Red Rocks though)

They should've hired the guy that directed/edited the "City of Blinding Lights" video in Vancouver B.C. That video was great. The edits weren't so frenetic and crazy as the Chicago DVD (three of my friends felt the editing made the dvd irritating to watch). I believe the team was Alex Courtes and Martin Fougerol.

I would say that the Deluxe is not worth it. The Tour doc. has the feel of a high school student film; barely worth watching. I actually like the Jewel Case for the regular version better as well. I bought the deluxe, and do not regret it, but I can not recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom