Vertigo 2x? How about Streets x2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiW87

Acrobat
Wide Awake in the City Of Blinding Lights
With all the talk about Vertigo being played twice (although it is hardly a surprise anymore), I was thinking about something while I was watching Streets on the Boston DVD.

What if they played Streets twice? :eek:

Just think for a second: You open the show with Streets. Now! I have read a number of old posts about what songs are best to open a concert, and I saw a bunch of people actually thought that opening the show with Streets is just amazing, and it brings a lot of energy early in the beginning. But the downside is U2 looses that jewel of a song they can always depend on to lift the concert right away in the opening.

But after you open the show with it, then you play it in an encore (to bring back that energy maybe?) or something, or even close the show like what Vertigo does today.

I listened to the 1989 Decemeber 31 Dublin show and thought Streets opened the concert beautifully.

I thought maybe it would close good today too. But maybe I could be completely wrong.

I mean, I know this is the Vertigo Tour, their trying to promote their new album, and Bono has a lot of fun singing the song, but maybe something else?

I'm just wondering what you all think. Maybe it would be cool, maybe it would just be awkward, I don't know. It was just bugging me for a second IF THEY WERE TO PLAY a song twice in one night.

Thoughts everyone? :)

If they're gonna play a song twice, it oughta be Acrobat :wink:

seriously I wouldn't be as opposed to U2 playing Streets twice as U2 playing Vertigo twice, but playing any song twice imo is dumb. but we've been over that.

AtomicBono said:
If they're gonna play a song twice, it oughta be Acrobat :wink:

seriously I wouldn't be as opposed to U2 playing Streets twice as U2 playing Vertigo twice, but playing any song twice imo is dumb. but we've been over that.

Yeah, I remember those threads. "U2 has an endless catalog... why play songs twice, etc. etc."

My thought is that ANY song played twice is a fucking horrible idea.

The band has a very limited time to get as many songs in as possible.

The fact they use some of that limited time to play a song twice is absolutely ridiculous to me.

i think Vertigo is the only song they should play twice on this tour. it's short and simple, and it's really fun.

now, that's not to say that they should do it twice every show, or drop 40 for it. no way.

yea...i would think it would be a great idea....but listening to the whole africa intro twice would suck. This yrs intro is killing the highlight of the show!

Quaf069 said:
yea...i would think it would be a great idea....but listening to the whole africa intro twice would suck. This yrs intro is killing the highlight of the show!
no its not?

Quaf069 said:

That's true. Although I actually think Bono's African yell that he does after Streets really takes off in the beginning is pretty cool. I mean, it was written in Africa and about Africa.

But yeah, I also wish he would stay quiet during the first 30 seconds of Streets. Those 30 seconds are some of the greatest 30 seconds in U2's entire catalogue and it would be nice to hear it instead of him talking,

ouizy said:
My thought is that ANY song played twice is a fucking horrible idea.

The band has a very limited time to get as many songs in as possible.

The fact they use some of that limited time to play a song twice is absolutely ridiculous to me.

:up: word.

Remember what we could have instead? Walk On, Kite, Crumbs, Please....:drool:

Back
Top Bottom