Vertigo 2006 // Tour In Recap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
do you read setlists from previous tours by any chance? maybe check some popmart setlists, even cities with more than 1 show had pretty much the same identical setlist, even elevation tour in manchester wasnt that much different, and we even had a bono tantrum where he stormed of the stage after ONE,

Do I detect a hint of criticism, KU? :wink:

Anyway, I love the Euroleg of the Vertigo tour. Yes, the setlists were mostly identical, but it featured some fantastic concerts (the Dublin and Amsterdam ones, as well as the London broadcast...). The best songs of the tour like The Electric Co., Zoo Station and The Fly were regulars. Running To Stand Still versions were fantastic. Original of the Species was played with guitars. Full band Who´s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, the very long sets...

It was much more to love than to hate, I believe. Much better than most of the leg 3 snoozefest with the acoustic encores.

Re: Re: Re: Vertigo 2006 // Tour In Recap

Wished I could have highlights of about 40 shows, but i'll settle for the two I made it to. I'm sooooooooooo grateful for those few hours of absolute, complete, utter, amazing, unbelievable, pure ecstatic joy!!! They're my miracle drug. :wink: [/B][/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated!! I, too, was at the Mpls show and of the three I saw it was my favorite for all the reasons described. Personally speaking, I had made a sign regarding social justice issues and Bono grabbed it from me and held it up on stage- will never forget that moment!!
Overall just very grateful for an amazing tour- go ahead and take your time, boys, I need to save up for the next one!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertigo 2006 // Tour In Recap

fair trade said:

Perfectly stated!! I, too, was at the Mpls show and of the three I saw it was my favorite for all the reasons described. Personally speaking, I had made a sign regarding social justice issues and Bono grabbed it from me and held it up on stage- will never forget that moment!!
Overall just very grateful for an amazing tour- go ahead and take your time, boys, I need to save up for the next one!

what did your sign say? I'm trying to remember the moment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertigo 2006 // Tour In Recap

thankyou said:

what did your sign say? I'm trying to remember the moment.

It said....
All IWant Is
Fair Trade
Debt Absolution
Social Justice
Peace
He was on Adam's Side of the ellipse, a little closer to the tip than the stage (we were on the outside rail.)
Honestly my cousin and I have tried to figure out what songs it happened in between and can't quite remember- the whole night was such a blur!! Did get a pic of him holding it from the side but unfortunately you really cannot see the sign.
My cousin, a tough man of 27, burst into tears when Bono first appeared for COBL- I think that was actually my favorite moment of the show.
By shear dumb luck and sort of ignoring law enforcement:| I also managed to get the sign signed by the B-Man before the show:drool:

tommycharles said:

The "sameness" of the European Vertigo leg (which honestly is nothing new for U2 in stadiums - the amount they mixed up legs 4/5 on the Vertigo tour is quite surprising) was a thousand times worse on leg 3 of the Elevation tour - not only were the songs almost the same every night, but it was big hit played generically after big hit played generically... not good.

Aye, 3rd leg Elevation was boring. I don't even listen to the bootlegs of that tour. A boring setlist intermixed with U2 sucking up so much to U2 it becomes painful to listen. And it was understandable after 9-11. But to have a crowd shout U.S.A. during Sunday bloody sunday and Bono not doing anything about it..... If the white flag waving 80's Bono heard that, he'd reach through to time and kick his older self so far up the ass his foot would knock out his teeth.

do you read setlists from previous tours by any chance? maybe check some popmart setlists, even cities with more than 1 show had pretty much the same identical setlist, even elevation tour in manchester wasnt that much different, and we even had a bono tantrum where he stormed of the stage after ONE,

Didn't they have technical difficulties during that particular show?

And I live and breath old U2 setlists. But what made the static Zoo TV and Popmart setlists palpable was the humor. They way they took the piss out of society and themselves. Come on, calling presidents, popes and prime-ministers every night, driving a mirrorball lemon on stage and coming out of it like some Alien mothership? That's priceless.
But since Elevation Bono has really gotten back on the pulpit with a vengeance. The minutes long One speech? Come on, the other band members should have left and gone to Moe's for a pint. Or have Edge stand next to Bono with a stop watch. Bono's preaching is becoming like taking literature in school. Guaranteed to produce the opposite effect. After hearing the exact same One speech three times live and one countless boots I'm about ready to nuke Africa if I could. Less talk, more humor, Bono!

1. Vertigo
2. Gloria
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. The Saints Are Coming
6. Beautiful Day
7. Until The End Of The World
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. City Of Blinding Lights
10. All Because Of You
11. New Year's Day
12. In A Little While
13. The First Time
14. Fast Cars
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. The Electric Co.
17. The Ocean
18. Bad
19. Where The Streets Have No Name

20. Zoo Station
21. The Fly
22. Original Of The Species
23. With Or Without You

24. Yahweh
25. One Tree Hill
26. Walk On

theu2fly said:
1. Vertigo
2. Gloria
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. The Saints Are Coming
6. Beautiful Day
7. Until The End Of The World
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. City Of Blinding Lights
10. All Because Of You
11. New Year's Day
12. In A Little While
13. The First Time
14. Fast Cars
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday
16. The Electric Co.
17. The Ocean
18. Bad
19. Where The Streets Have No Name

20. Zoo Station
21. The Fly
22. Original Of The Species
23. With Or Without You

24. Yahweh
25. One Tree Hill
26. Walk On

27.VERTIGO(STORIES FOR BOYS)

GREEKBONO said:

27.VERTIGO(STORIES FOR BOYS)

27. Any other song in the catalogue, for instance (that has not been played on a concert yet)?

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Snippet)
3. Vertigo / She Loves You (Snippet)
4. All Because Of You
5. Elevation
6. New Year's Day
7. In A Little While
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torrna La Sorento (Snippet)
10. Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
11. Yahweh
12. Love And Peace Or Else
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
14. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (Snippet) / Please (Snippet)
15. Running To Stand Still / Walk On (Snippet)
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. Where The Streets Have No Name
18. One / Unchained Melody (Snippet)

19. Discotheque
20. The Fly / Satisfaction (Snippet)
21. Mysterious Ways
22. With Or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (Snippet)

23. Desire
24. Window In The Skies
25. People Get Ready
26. All I Want Is You / Love Is Blindness (Snippet)

1. Vertigo / Reprise
2. All Because Of You
3. Out Of Control
4. The Electric Co. / People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me (Snippet) / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (Snippet)
5. Elevation
6. Until The End Of The World
7. New Year's Day
8. Beautiful Day / She's A Rainbow (Snippet)
9. One Tree Hill
10. City Of Blinding Lights
11. Original Of The Species
12. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (Snippet)
13. Kite
14. Fast Cars
15. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
16. Bad / 40 (Snippet)
17. Where The Streets Have No Name
18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

19. Instant Karma / Happy Christmas (War Is Over) (Snippet)
20. Mysterious Ways
21. One / Rain (Snippet)

22. Party Girl
23. Crumbs From Your Table
24. Vertigo / Jailbreak (Snippet)

Back
Top Bottom