vegas and propaganda members? --question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil horn

Babyface
[admit to being bad at the fine print of stuff, but it seems that U2.com has worded things ambiguously from the very beginning --- remember the first signup e-mail?]

...so I used my code for Berlin.

it was reactivated and I used it for MSG in October.

but the e-mail tonight says this in regards to Vegas...

If you are a Propaganda subscriber who has already bought two tickets
with your presale code for the tour, you can buy TWO tickets for ONE of
these shows.

so am I good to go again? your thoughts?

if so, Larry Mullen Jr. rules.

--------------------
hello hello, from the e. vil... nyc.

If it works are you good?

I already got tickets from ticketmaster.. can they CANCEL them after I already got them?

Last time I tried to use my code it didn't work because I had reached the max in tickets Ic oudl buy.

If it works (my code that is) should I risk it?

they never seem to word these e-mails right.

It should read

u2.com = 1 pair of tickets for entire tour

propaganda = 2 pairs of tickets for entire tour

Something that isn't so ambigious in the language. Or better yet, if you aren't eligible, I'd prefer not to receive any e-mail.

But if it goes through then I guess I'm all set.

I'm sure a lot of us feel this way. I don't want to break the rules, but I don't want to miss out if I'm entitled to another show either.

When I go to U2.com my code is there still (I guess it hasn't left yet) and it specfically mentions Vegas/presale.

Did it say the same for Oakland?

Last edited:
yeah it said the same for oakland, i tried it, and it said i already used the code and wouldnt let me buy tickets, so....

....okay, so it's 1:30 and I'm now officially losing sleep over this!

I'm an idiot.

I think it did say the same for Oakland. I just got the email from U2.com giving me my code.........I think it's the same one they gave me for Oakland, which I didn't use.

There were major problems with my code during the first 2 presales. I honestly don't know whether it will work tomorrow or not. If it does, great, if it doesn't, I'm through waiting on hold for a Fanfire rep.

On the plus side, though, if your code doesn't work tomorrow, they probably won't be very busy if you wanted to call.

Okay I used my prop code for Staples in November. Yet I went to u2.com and my code is up and it says it for Vegas. What to do? Is it worth just ignoring it or will my code work? Darn I wish they would make it clear and also I haven't recieved an email yet.

I got tickets for two shows (NYC/BOSTON) with my presale orders.

anyone get more than 2 shows with their code or is that the limit?

I guess I'll try it at 10am and see. Wait is that 10am in Vegas? It says local. So is that 1pm eastern time?

if you have already used your prop codes for all the shows you were elgible it will not work

people who didnt use their presale code in the first presale and had a prop code were allowed to buy 2 shows, if youve used it on the 2 shows then you are done

people who were able to use a presale code orginally were allowed to buy tickets for 1 more show through prop, if you used it for that, then you are done

there are no new codes for vegas, and they arent being reactivated

I've started trying to tell myself that I don't really need to go see them in 2006 when they play mexico city, sydney, or tokyo....

...but we've never been to those cities, precious....

Last edited:
I tried for Oakland and it said my code was already used. All I got was Nov. Staples with it. I emailed u2.com, I emailed TM. TM said U2.com had to "reset my code" and U2.com said TM had to "reset my code." I have emailed them again, but since it's almost morning, and they haven't answered...well.

and who is this you call? What is fanfire? Is that who I am emailing all the time? Or am I just emailing the u2.com web master?

By this time I figure there is one guy somewhere who hasn't used his code and he's an ex-Prop member, and he'll get 2 tkts. So this whole Prop presale will be for that one guy.

Last edited:
did you use a presale code in one of the original presales bonoed?

if you did then you should only get one show with the propaganda code...

bonoed said:

and who is this you call? What is fanfire? Is that who I am emailing all the time? Or am I just emailing the u2.com web master?

Fanfire is the company that is handling the Propaganda / fan club stuff now. I spent a lot of time on the phone with them last time. I can't remember the number, but go to www.fanfire.com and look under "contact". They are who sent me the new codes when mine wouldn't work.

bonoed said:

By this time I figure there is one guy somewhere who hasn't used his code and he's an ex-Prop member, and he'll get 2 tkts. So this whole Prop presale will be for that one guy.

^^That's what I am thinking :rolleyes: Guess it was Chizip!

I used my codes for other shows because when there were rumors that u2 would eventually come to Vegas, they would NOT be playing at MGM - and I was only willing to go to Vegas if they were at MGM. I would so rather be in Vegas than Chicago :sad:

Last edited:
you know i just realized something

the presale GA line for vegas will probably only have like 8 people in it

thats awesome

evil horn said:

...so I used my code for Berlin.

it was reactivated and I used it for MSG in October.

but the e-mail tonight says this in regards to Vegas...

so am I good to go again? your thoughts?

Simple math should answer your question, though by now you know.
You can't buy for Vegas.
the U2.com email says if you used your code to buy 2 tickets then you're eligible to buy 2 for Vegas.
What did you buy with your code?
4 tickets...2 for Berlin, 2 for MSG.
No Vegas for you, me or anyone not named Chizip.

No surprise. My code did not work.

Now, is there goign to be a Sat show?

Time to get ready for GENERAL ON SALE.

Chizip said:
did you use a presale code in one of the original presales bonoed?

if you did then you should only get one show with the propaganda code...

I used my presale code for the first leg, and when I got my propaganda code for the third leg I was able to buy two sets of tickets. One set for each Oakland show.

Report him to U2.com..let's get him banned.

..my code wasn't reset either I've sent emails to U2, fanfire, & called TM still no word today...

:mad: :mad:

passcodes

I found out that all propaganda members get to buy 4 tickets to one show, or 2 tickets to 2 shows for a total of 4. so if you bought 4 tickets already that's why the code is used.
however I was able to get ahold of a couple of GA' s for Vegas.............

Re: passcodes

Imarocker said:
I found out that all propaganda members get to buy 4 tickets to one show, or 2 tickets to 2 shows for a total of 4. so if you bought 4 tickets already that's why the code is used.
however I was able to get ahold of a couple of GA' s for Vegas.............

see, thats what i was trying to tell you earlier...

good job getting tickets though

Imarocker said:
Report him to U2.com..let's get him banned.

..my code wasn't reset either I've sent emails to U2, fanfire, & called TM still no word today...

:mad: :mad:

I don't know anything about your situation but do you thin you should have your code reset? CALL fanfire, don't email them. They reset my code within an hour (was screwed in the first presale) and I could buy GAs for Vegas 90 min. after the sale started. There's still plenty! call them and don't hang up until you have it.

I have a question I hope someonce can answer: So if you got a pair to tickets for the 1st leg of the tour with the original code. Then they let prop. members buy another pair for the 3rd leg then that's it right? or do you get to buy another pair for this presale? I'm sorry I'm just confused! I hope somebody can answer this.

Back
Top Bottom