Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westport said:
Ok...I just wanted to check in...I'm heading out for dinner and when I get back I hope you guys have tracked down some freakin' Canadian that actually has a setlist tonight....what was it?...five hours after the last show ended before we had a clue what had happened at that show?

Hopefully, they're not all stoned in Vancouver again tonight.

Anybody want anything from the restaurant?

Sure, where you goin'?

Axver said:
Oh, by the way folks, there's apparently a U2 show on in an hour, not the Springboks versus the All Blacks. Yeah, I'm disappointed too. :( :sad:

Can't we mix the two?

2007 World Cup.... New Zealand defeat South Africa 15-12 in the final after South Africa have a unfourtunate food poisioning incident. As the final buzzer sounds and the All Blacks raise there hands in celebration...U2 begin to enter into Streets....:drool: :drool:

axver, i need a forecast from you:

Q: based on past trends, will Party Girl be played on Bono's birthday this tour? (May 10, of course)

timothius said:

Have you ever actually done it Axver?

It's often requested of me in those inane moments where nothings happening. Occasionally I oblige... although nowadays I'm starting to think I'm too damn white for it.

On the anthem though... every kid from the age of 5 knows at least one line. Ata Whaka... At age 5 you think you're just so naughty...

I used to know all the words - in fact, I think I can still recite the whole thing - but I never could do the actions. I think it's going to be requested of me in the States by one of my friends, though, so I better learn it!

I can sort of sing the Maori anthem without knowing all of the words. I know most of the first verse off the top of my head. Did know the whole thing but forgot it.

Whakatane, Whakaroa, Whakapapa, et cetera - BEST. TOWN NAMES. EVER. I love the look foreigners give me.

timothius said:

Can't we mix the two?

2007 World Cup.... New Zealand defeat South Africa 15-12 in the final after South Africa have a unfourtunate food poisioning incident. As the final buzzer sounds and the All Blacks raise there hands in celebration...U2 begin to enter into Streets....:drool: :drool:

YEAH! :rockon: :drool:

I want only two things in 2007:
- A miserable failure by the Wallabies. Quarter finals? Preferably worse.
- A glorious victory by the All Blacks!

Axver said:

I used to know all the words - in fact, I think I can still recite the whole thing - but I never could do the actions. I think it's going to be requested of me in the States by one of my friends, though, so I better learn it!

Give them the english translation...

Its Death, Its Death
Its Life, Its Life
Its Death, Its Death
Its Life, Its Life
I once caught a hairy man in a cave
I slaughtered him... or somthing along those lines...

:lmao:

timtam.bmp

ruffian said:
axver, i need a forecast from you:

Q: based on past trends, will Party Girl be played on Bono's birthday this tour? (May 10, of course)

It may be played, it may not be. Edge and Larry both got it on Elevation but Bono didn't. None did on ZooTV - the only tour on which Party Girl has been skipped. Bono DID get it on ZooTV.

I think it's got a half-chance. I hope they play it.

timothius said:

13 Wallabies are detaned at Heathrow on drug smuggling charges. Australia are drubbed 86-3 by Namibia in there opening pool match.

:laugh:

That's superb.

Axver said:

It may be played, it may not be. Edge and Larry both got it on Elevation but Bono didn't. None did on ZooTV - the only tour on which Party Girl has been skipped. Bono DID get it on ZooTV.

I think it's got a half-chance. I hope they play it.

*sigh* ok...thanks anway. I really, really hope they play it.

VintagePunk said:
Ruff, you know I'm better than Tim Tams. :sexywink:

they meant nothing to me as soon as you walked into the thread :sexywink:

i'm not here long--but I said that an hour ago. Snow Patrol on Leno so I'm going to try to stay up for that. Those boys are so cute!

ruffian said:

i'm not here long--but I said that an hour ago. Snow Patrol on Leno so I'm going to try to stay up for that. Those boys are so cute!

I know. I'm so excited! They're coming to Boston the 21st, hopefully I can get tickets.

Snow patrol...then Conan :drool:

timothius said:

Give them the english translation...

Its Death, Its Death
Its Life, Its Life
Its Death, Its Death
Its Life, Its Life
I once caught a hairy man in a cave
I slaughtered him... or somthing along those lines...

I think this is it:

It is death! It is death!
It is life! It is life!
This is the hairy man
Who caused the sun to shine
Upward step, upward step
Another step, another step
The sun shines
He!

Though according to a website I just found, it's actually this:

It is death! It is death!
It is life! It is life!
This is the hairy person
Who caused the sun to shine
Keep abreast! Keep abreast
The rank! Hold fast!
Into the sun that shines!

ruffian said:

Still not feeling well? :(

I have the Snow Patrol CD, but I think I've only listened to two songs. :reject:

VintagePunk said:
Ruff, you know I'm better than Tim Tams. :sexywink:

And I've been watching Zoo-TV era videos tonight, so I'm frisky. :flirt:

zoo-tv vids...fly....:drool:
much better than i was yesterday, thanks :) left the house for the first time since tuesday today. i was getting bed sores :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom