Vancouver 1 Setlist Bitch & Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PearlJam_U2 said:

Well it IS in Canada.
I'm Canadian and I'm finding a lot of apathy when it comes to the Canadian shows and its pissing me off.

The person on zootopia is taking the Canadian shows off too.
I hope someone likes us Canadians as much as the band does and throws us a freaking bone here.

please someone has to know someone with a cell at the show.

I looked earlier today to see if anyone reported on the COBL taping from yesterday. I came up dry - did I miss it?

PearlJam_U2 said:

Well it IS in Canada.
I'm Canadian and I'm finding a lot of apathy when it comes to the Canadian shows and its pissing me off.

The person on zootopia is taking the Canadian shows off too.
I hope someone likes us Canadians as much as the band does and throws us a freaking bone here.

please someone has to know someone with a cell at the show.

Really?...man...well i hope someone comes through...Us Canadians are cool too you know eh?...lol ;)

U2dork said:

I kinda figured they'd go with this first... Get the filming out of the way first then focus on the rest of the show...

They did the filming yesterday ...

And re: question about updates yesterday. Mobiles were confiscated at that show so there were no updates.

Axver said:

They did the filming yesterday ...

And re: question about updates yesterday. Mobiles were confiscated at that show so there were no updates.

It has been posted in many places that they would do some more filming during the live shows.......

fredstab said:
Axver...you're my HERO....you knows everything....I'll order some Tim Tam because of you tonight on the web.

Speaking of soundchecks..Did anyone knows which songs they soundchecked recently (i'm not speaking of pre San Diego soundchecks (Vancouver, Mexico, etc,) But Songs played in soudchecks in the last 15-20 days???

Really? Well, I hope you enjoy them as much as I - and everyone I know down here - do!

Well, between the two SD shows (yes, that's not what you asked), they rehearsed Stuck. Since then, I haven't heard many soundcheck reports, though I did hear of LAPOE checked before a couple of shows where it opened. Didn't hear of anything new being checked, though ... hopefully someone else has some soundcheck reports.

hotpepper said:

I looked earlier today to see if anyone reported on the COBL taping from yesterday. I came up dry - did I miss it?

There's a report on PLEBA - either in the main PLEBA area or the PLEBAns one from Mucca about her experience at the taping :)

My Buddy is at the show and is going to try his best to let me know, he said no promise though, he wants to enjoy the show as well.... Let's hope........

U2dork said:

It has been posted in many places that they would do some more filming during the live shows.......

Where? The way I understood it, people first speculated there would be filming at one of the Vancouver shows, but then the filming was done as a separate event yesterday.

Though I could understand them wanting to get shots with the arena full. I'd imagine those would be mainly crowd shots.

Drea said:

There's a report on PLEBA - either in the main PLEBA area or the PLEBAns one from Mucca about her experience at the taping :)

It's in the main Pleba area...and I also saw another thread somewhere on this massive site, but can't recall where...

Axver said:

Where? The way I understood it, people first speculated there would be filming at one of the Vancouver shows, but then the filming was done as a separate event yesterday.

Though I could understand them wanting to get shots with the arena full. I'd imagine those would be mainly crowd shots.

Here's one source...
http://atu2.blogspot.com/

Lila64 said:

Not even on the War tour? I know I saw them that tour, and I can't remember that far back, so I can't remember if they played it. I do remember Bono climbing up a level of the loge carrying a pole and white flag :wink:

Nope, no performances of The Refugee. We're missing a few sets from that tour but it's pretty safe to say that it wasn't played at any of those shows. There is absolutely no known instance of Refugee.

The flag during SBS and Electric Co. was damn awesome. :rockon: Love the footage from 30 May 1983 where Bono scales the stage scaffolding and chucks the flag into the crowd during Electric Co.

badge1 said:
I'm going to call him every five minutes till he stops answering....
just ask him to leave it turned on and put it in his pocket or something.

that way he can enjoy the show too :)

Btw thanks Badge!

Axver said:

Nope, no performances of The Refugee. We're missing a few sets from that tour but it's pretty safe to say that it wasn't played at any of those shows. There is absolutely no known instance of Refugee.

The flag during SBS and Electric Co. was damn awesome. :rockon: Love the footage from 30 May 1983 where Bono scales the stage scaffolding and chucks the flag into the crowd during Electric Co.

I can't believe that 'Refugee' (just played it on my CD player) was never played live, nor some of the other songs you mentioned (ages ago). So there is video from 1983? Is it from L.A. or another show? :hmm:

PearlJam_U2 said:

just ask him to leave it turned on and put it in his pocket or something.

that way he can enjoy the show too :)

Btw thanks Badge!

I'm in Toronto, Canada so it's long distance for his cell..... Good Idea though

Lila64 said:

I can't believe that 'Refugee' (just played it on my CD player) was never played live, nor some of the other songs you mentioned (ages ago). So there is video from 1983? Is it from L.A. or another show? :hmm:

There's proshot footage from 30 May 1983, Devore, the Us Festival. Great DVD.

And yeah, I really can't believe some of these songs were played ... I'd love U2 to one day do a show solely comprised of those songs! ... Might not go too well, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom