Vancouver 1 Setlist Bitch & Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on Zootopia? I could go look in over there but BLAH I can't stand it there.

Lisa71 said:

It's been reported that they haven't done it because the notes are too high for Bono but I was listening to it the other day and there are worse notes than other songs. Could their be another reason?

My guess is they just couldn't nail it to their liking, same with Drowning Man and Acrobat. As I said, it was intensively soundchecked on 1987-11-28; Larry fully relearnt the drumline and everything. I'm surprised they didn't keep working on it to bring it out at one show before the end of that tour. It would've made JT the only album besides Boy to have been fully played live.

Lisa71 said:
Anyone on Zootopia? I could go look in over there but BLAH I can't stand it there.

I'd go look but I think I'd get lost thanks to the horrid format.

Axver, your list includes quite a few songs that have been played as "snippets" to other songs, specifically, The First Time (at the end of Bad), The Playboy Mansion (at the end of Streets on the Popmart tour), Peace on Earth (played extensively during the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour), When I Look at the World (played as a snippet to Bad a couple of times during the Elevation tour). I also vaguely recall reading that "Some Days" was once played acoustically, but I could be wrong.

Otherwise, my list goes like this:

Drowning Man (early U2)
Heartland (JT/RH U2)
Acrobat (ZooTV U2)
Crumbs (Man Band U2)

:wink:

Axver said:

My guess is they just couldn't nail it to their liking, same with Drowning Man and Acrobat. As I said, it was intensively soundchecked on 1987-11-28; Larry fully relearnt the drumline and everything. I'm surprised they didn't keep working on it to bring it out at one show before the end of that tour. It would've made JT the only album besides Boy to have been fully played live.

I applaud you! :applaud: YOu are a walking Book of U2 Knowledge!

Lisa71 said:

I looked, Zootopia has nothing...the person who usually does the setlists is taking a break...:shrug:

MTEdge said:
Axver, your list includes quite a few songs that have been played as "snippets" to other songs, specifically, The First Time (at the end of Bad), The Playboy Mansion (at the end of Streets on the Popmart tour), Peace on Earth (played extensively during the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour), When I Look at the World (played as a snippet to Bad a couple of times during the Elevation tour). I also vaguely recall reading that "Some Days" was once played acoustically, but I could be wrong.

Well aware of the snippets. Heartland was snippeted, Drowning Man too, even Stranger In A Strange Land. Some Days has never appeared in any form, though. I suspect you might be thinking of So Cruel.

Axver said:

Heartland, no. I suspect Bono couldn't get close to singing it properly.

Acrobat, no, even though I hold out a very faint hope. Stranger things have happened - U2 covered Dancing Queen.

I just saw the video of that last night with the Abba men playing keyboard/guitar!

And Axver - all those songs you listed - were never played live? Not even Refugee? Are you sure???

bonomofo said:
could this maybe be the first ever No- Setlist- Setlist Bitch and Party Thread????:eyebrow:

I think we had one other thread where we had no source, or at least lost source mid-show and went wildly off topic.

Lila64 said:

I just saw the video of that last night with the Abba men playing keyboard/guitar!

And Axver - all those songs you listed - were never played live? Not even Refugee? Are you sure???

The Dancing Queen cover was some funny stuff! :laugh:

Never played live in full. Definitely not Refugee; not aware of even a snippet of that.

As I am new to this setlist party thing - how does the news come in about the setlist? Does someone at the show actually have a laptop and feed the info. over here?

bonomofo said:
could this maybe be the first ever No- Setlist- Setlist Bitch and Party Thread????:eyebrow:

Well it IS in Canada.
I'm Canadian and I'm finding a lot of apathy when it comes to the Canadian shows and its pissing me off.

The person on zootopia is taking the Canadian shows off too.
I hope someone likes us Canadians as much as the band does and throws us a freaking bone here.

please someone has to know someone with a cell at the show.

Axver said:

Well aware of the snippets. Heartland was snippeted, Drowning Man too, even Stranger In A Strange Land. Some Days has never appeared in any form, though. I suspect you might be thinking of So Cruel.

You are probably right about Some Days and So Cruel, but to suggest that Peace on Earth hasnt been played is a stretch. By that standard then Wake Up Dead Man should have been on your list. Nevertheless, I respect the question, and I enjoyed reading through the responses. Axver, you are the U2-cyclopedia!

Axver...you're my HERO....you knows everything....I'll order some Tim Tam because of you tonight on the web.

Speaking of soundchecks..Did anyone knows which songs they soundchecked recently (i'm not speaking of pre San Diego soundchecks (Vancouver, Mexico, etc,) But Songs played in soudchecks in the last 15-20 days???

Axver said:

The Dancing Queen cover was some funny stuff! :laugh:

Never played live in full. Definitely not Refugee; not aware of even a snippet of that.

Not even on the War tour? I know I saw them that tour, and I can't remember that far back, so I can't remember if they played it. I do remember Bono climbing up a level of the loge carrying a pole and white flag :wink:

Geez, this is like going cold turkey not to know... I think I might start twitching soon:crack:

hotpepper said:
As I am new to this setlist party thing - how does the news come in about the setlist? Does someone at the show actually have a laptop and feed the info. over here?

Usually someone at home will be listening in to the concert via mobile phone or a person at the show will progressively text the set to someone at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom