USA might have got twice as many shows as Europe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MsGiggles said:

Is this a fookin' grammar lesson????? How pathetic :mad:

You may want to have a look at what you've just written. Now I'm not being pedantic but I think you may have got a couple of letters wrong in your fourth word.

Blue Room said:

Exactly, look at the thread topic, started by a Euro. Insecurity? :shrug:

Seriously though. I'm hoping this thread is tongue and cheek. Unless you went to every arena show and every stadium show there is no way you can judge it fairly. There were shows on the arena leg that probably blew alot of the Euro stadium shows away, and vice versa. Its different type of shows with different experiences. Both are great in their own way.

It's definitely tongue and cheek from the Americans. (at least me) As for the Europeans and Asians and Australians? Well who really cares about them anyway. :wink:

and I'm proud to be an american
where at least i know im freeeeeee :hyper:
And I liXes that alot!

tarquinsuperb said:

You may want to have a look at what you've just written. Now I'm not being pedantic but I think you may have got a couple of letters wrong in your fourth word.

That was intentional....obviously you've never seen it typed that way (taking the place of the actual "f" word) Get a life kid!!

Axver said:

Actually, 'Europe' is an exception to the rule that 'an' must be used before words starting with a vowel. The more true rule is that 'an' is used before words that start with a vowel sound, which is why we say 'an hour' (starts with the vowel sound rather than an 'h' sound) but 'a European' (which starts with a 'y' sound).

still sounds stupid.

:wink:

You know the one that gets me? "Historic." Why is it said "an historic," when there's no vowel sound to start the word?

MsGiggles said:

That was intentional....obviously you've never seen it typed that way (taking the place of the actual "f" word) Get a life kid!!

the only thing worse than correcting grammar incorrectly in a message board is

correcting the guy who incorrectly corrected grammar in a message board.

the only bigger waste of time than that is

taking the time to call someone pathetic for correcting the guy who incorrectly corrected grammar in a message board.

"get a life kid"

--what a pleasant individual.

Have AN ice day

:happy: May I, as a European with a native language other than English, point out that the expression is "tongue in cheek" and not "tongue and cheek" as posted by 2 different US-posters? :happy:

i love this place!

I have to say that if you got into the ellipse on the Euro shows you had the best of both worlds.....
You had the intimate vibe with the huge production and spectacular stadium noise.
BUT
if you were seated you were basically 'out of it', and the sound was crap.

My advice to those in the southern hemisphere, get in the ellipse! Don't panic and buy crap seats if you first miss out on GA, you will regret it.

Last edited:
chrissybaby said:

I have to say that if you got into the ellipse on the Euro shows you had the best of both worlds.....
You had the intimate vibe with the huge production and spectacular stadium noise.

I couldn't agree more! :drool:

While the Euros are major whiners, they have at least made contributions to the world.

I'll even take complaining from the Australians as they have contributed the fine television program "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo". They've also contributed.. er.. uh..there was another thing but it escapes me at the moment.

However the complaints received from New Zealand can not be overlooked. I
say we only accept whining from real countries.

By the way, do we even know if New Zealand is a real country? Has anyone ever seen the paper work.

DanB said:
While the Euros are major whiners, they have at least made contributions to the world.

Industrial Revolution :rockon:

And ... Almost every great band has come from Europe and over seas.

America has...

Blink 182 :rockon:

:wink:

And personally, I don't think I could handle the crowd size of the European shows :| . The GA for that must have been an experience... And didn't they have to blast the sound much more, due to open stadiums and larger area? I think American leg got better sound quality....

Last edited:
One thing America has given the world is the GEORGE BUSH RAP

"Ive ordered our military commanders to totally rock Baghdad"

genius

DanB said:

By the way, do we even know if New Zealand is a real country? Has anyone ever seen the paper work.

Good point, and while we're on that theme. How do we know weasels really exist.

Ever seen one?

Ellay said:

Good point, and while we're on that theme. How do we know weasels really exist.

Ever seen one?

Exactly! There's alot of things I find fishy about that area. :shifty:

Time for the Threat Down!:
3. Steve Irwin, Crikey! Need I say more?
2. Dingos eating babies? I mean, what's up with THAT! :mad:
1. Any place where toilets flush the opposite direction needs to be watched. :eyebrow:

Down Under?... You're on notice.
s.jpg

Open wide Europeans. Daddy's got a big nightcrawler of truth for you! America... we're #1

Big screens are large and informal. The arena experience blows stadiums out of the water. Big enough to have that big crowd feel, small enough to be "one with the band". That's why U2 opted for arenas over stadiums in North America since Elevation. We have stadiums too you know; we use them for football games.

calm down

Hey KIDS, calm down peace on earth and all that!!!

REEAAALLLLYYYYY!!!!! :huh: :ohmy: :huh: :ohmy: :huh: :ohmy:

I love how all the europeans get their little panties in a bunch all because of one simply reason----

It kills you guys that U2 cater to one country--America--more than they do to the rest of the world combined!:dancing:

Stadium's BLOW if you not in the ellipse.Your stuck watching the whole show on a VIDEO SCREEN!

I'd buy the DVD if that's what I wanted!:madspit:

I'll be going to my 6th and 7th shows at MSG on Monday and Tuesday and 14th overall on the tour and you just don't get better than seeing them UP CLOSE and personal in a setting of only 18k people in an enclosed arena where the sound is awesome as oppossed to the terrible sound of a roofless stadium.

I'll raise my beer to all you whining euro's when I'm enjoying U2 for the upteenth time here on US soil!:wave:

shall we talk about the crowds and selling out bigger venues?

Oh yeah, let's all cheer the incessant touring of America at the expense of everyone else. Greed IS good, and good to see fellow fans rubbing it in.
Here's to the third leg!

Last edited:
JR#9 said:
I love how all the europeans get their little panties in a bunch all because of one simply reason----

It kills you guys that U2 cater to one country--America--more than they do to the rest of the world combined!:dancing:

Stadium's BLOW if you not in the ellipse.Your stuck watching the whole show on a VIDEO SCREEN!

I'd buy the DVD if that's what I wanted!:madspit:

I'll be going to my 6th and 7th shows at MSG on Monday and Tuesday and 14th overall on the tour and you just don't get better than seeing them UP CLOSE and personal in a setting of only 18k people in an enclosed arena where the sound is awesome as oppossed to the terrible sound of a roofless stadium.

I'll raise my beer to all you whining euro's when I'm enjoying U2 for the upteenth time here on US soil!:wave:

Nice attitude mate.
I had a great summer travelling around some of the most beautiful HISTORIC cities in the world. Bummer eh?
Oh yeah, and i'm going to see some pretty great british bands in the next few months in some pretty legendary British clubs.
Gee i weally weally wish i lived in the USA...

Oh and judging by the DVD it seems that most of the crowd would probably prefer to be watching it at home too, probably with a big mac and freedom fries. The vision of 100,000 Italian and Spanish fans going absolutely crazy is, trust me, something I will never forget... Enjoy your 145th show this year mate.

JR#9 said:

There's no need to be rude in this manner. The rest of the world has every right to want U2 to spend lots of time there. It's not "whining" it's wondering.

I will also say that two wrongs don't make a right. Let's not do the "You're fat!" "No, You're whiny!" thing here.

HelloAngel said:

There's no need to be rude in this manner. The rest of the world has every right to want U2 to spend lots of time there. It's not "whining" it's wondering.

I will also say that two wrongs don't make a right. Let's not do the "You're fat!" "No, You're whiny!" thing here.

Brits are fat AND whiny. Not to mention the green teeth.

Posting once again in this lengendary topiX!

I'm so happy to see everyone is behind U2 in their utmost appreciation of America. It's SO NICE to see all of my fellow posting chums are still overjoyed for the rumor of a stadium tour. I know that deep down, behind the anger, is love and adoration for the knowledge that the greatest tour in the history of music will ONCE MORE come back to the greatest country on the face of the earth. From America, back to America, the journey of equality moves ON!!! God bless you all, and God bless this great land! :hyper:

-cuddles the U.S.A.- :hug:

BTW to HelloAngel. I'm being completely sarcastic. I don't think any country is better than the other. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom