US Fanclub Members: Suggestions for Leg 3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Most of us had a pretty bad experience with this pre-sale. That's a given. However, U2 has a second chance to perform well -- their fall leg in the United States. I think it would be a great idea if we came up with a bunch of ideas of how to make the pre-sale go smoothly, and then sent them to Principal Management, the band itself, and Fanfire.

Please, no complaints, only suggestions and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. There are plenty of other threads to complain in.

My ideas:

- Make all tickets available for fan club members during the presale.
- Have the pre-sale be run by a more reliable agency than Ticketmaster.
- Release a complete tour schedule before the presale and open all shows to the presale instead of waiting until after the presale to add dates that are a foregone conclusion.
- To help ease fan's bitterness at paying $40, provide each fan with a full recording of the show they buy tickets for. ;)

Hold tickets at will-call - you can only pick them up with an ID and credit card that you used to buy them.

This is a method that other artists have taken, and it works, and it stops scalping.

This is the only reasonable solution, and it's a poven solution that has worked with artists like Springsteen.

mkdominatr said:
Mail everyone a wristband that gets them into GA:slant:

If they can figure out which U2.com members sold their tickets to the eBay scalpers, they could sure figure out where to send our wristbands. I think that's a brilliant idea. Not likely to happen, but brilliant all the same.

You can not offer back seats to a concert during a presale. It goes against what a presale is all about. We know your a fan because you joined our club. Here are some "choice seats" behind the band. Quick, get them before the public sale! They must eliminate this.

Go back to the original ways of Propaganda! Outsource the ticket process to an outside agency (Not Ticketmaster), using snail mail. Include list of dates, limit of shows/tickets available to each member, with options of selecting other shows in case your first choice is not available. And make the THIRD leg presale available to PAST Propaganda members first, then U2.com members. Sorry....I'm being greedy but you all know we are spoiled!
Where can I sign up!? I'll do it! :wink: :wave:

zoodishbu said:
Go back to the original ways of Propaganda! Outsource the ticket process to an outside agency (Not Ticketmaster), using snail mail. Include list of dates, limit of shows/tickets available to each member, with options of selecting other shows in case your first choice is not available. And make the THIRD leg presale available to PAST Propaganda members first, then U2.com members. Sorry....I'm being greedy but you all know we are spoiled!
Where can I sign up!? I'll do it! :wink: :wave:

Here, here! There is still plenty of time to do this (especially since the 3rd leg hasn't been "officially" announced).

I'm sayin! Can I get an AMEN!?

I was really upset with the presale process, vented my frustrations, got no results, I have calmed down and accepted it so now I'm moving on. Trying the public on sale tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I'll help sort mail if that's what it takes! REALLY! Bring back snail mail ticket orders!

Can't we all just get along!!??

:D

Last edited:
These are great suggestions!

The band and PM really, really need to see this thread. Funny, isn't it? PM are supposed to be the experts, but we fans are smarter about this whole ticket thing than they are. Actually, it's more sad than funny. :(

These are some good suggestions, especially picking up tickets at will-call. That will limit the secondary scalping. Unfortunately, I believe a lot of the primary scalping is going on way before we ever get a chance to buy tickets.

- I'm all for purchasing online but there has to be a better way to handle it. I don't think we should go back to the paper version of Propaganda but there must be a way to submit all of that info electronically and then let an outsourced company (NOT Ticketmaster) take care of fulfilling fans requests. We could request tickets to two shows but offer four options, just like Prop.

- $40 membership fees should let me choose the kind of ticket I want. What is SO wrong with having your dedicated fanclub on the floor? My $40 shouldn't just be for the off chance of getting tickets in general, it entitles me to the possibility of grabbing Bono's butt at the concert! (and yes, I am a guy...and happily married...to a woman.)

I understand there are a few tickets reserved for radio promotion but give them the Golden Circle tickets. Who's going to complain about getting those tickets for free?

- Last, since ticket demand is so high, the concert venue will be turned into a Gladiator ring the night before the show. Best man or woman wins 10 GA floor tickets for their friends. Of course, it would have to be a fight to the death. However, we will all have to pay a $100 entrance fee just for the opportunity to fight in the ring.

Okay, I've got to go load up on carbs for the mad ticket dash tomorrow morning.

Third leg might be even worse.

First of all, there are people like myself who didn't even try buying tickets this time around, because U2 was not coming anywhere near where I live. So I don't even have a second chance, I have one chance only.

IMO, if they are issuing codes, then people like myself who did not have a chance to see them should either have both codes valid (to buy tickets to two shows) or they should get priority over people who already had a chance to see them on leg 1.

I think all the fanclub members should have a crack at Leg 3; however, those that didn't get to use their first code should be able to use it twice and maybe even have a pre-pre-sale. It would be fair.

Back
Top Bottom