uppers opposite end of the stage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
anyone been yet who has uppers on the far end of the arena facing the stage? how was the view? i've heard people say you at least have a good view of the lights/screens, but I was wondering if anyone else had any pros/cons to add. also, how is the sound up there? (i realize this may be a stupid question since it changes by arena, but whatever.) any pics of the view would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :D

don't have pix...I sat pretty much squarely directly facing the stage (section 307 near 308 side) at the United Center in Chicago, row 11 (about 8 rows from the very back of the building I think), and it was great. Don't get me wrong...I damned well wish I were closer. I felt like I missed a lot, having to squint at the boys all the way down there to feel like they were truly there if you know what I mean...trying to coordinate seeing their bodies all the way down there but not being able to make out face detail much, with seeing them on the videoscreens in a closer view, feeling like I wasn't getting all Bono's words really.
I don't know if that was a sound issue--that I didn't get the detail in the sound that I would have gotten if closer, or just that when you can't see so well, you can't hear little things so well.
The overall concert sound was fine though...never felt like I suffered on that count being far away.
And you surely get the full effect of the spectacle before you, with straight-on angles and nothing distorted. I never felt like it wasn't engrossing from that distance, but again dammit it would have been nice to be a level down and feel it all more immediately instead of that straining feeling I experienced in a small way.
It's the only vantagepoint from which I've ever experienced a U2 concert, mind you, but I think it was just fine if a little removed from the heat of it all. Might have been disappointed if I'd had better seats in the past, but even then suspect I would have thought hell I only paid 50 bucks for it and was happy to get in the building!

cheers!

I was in the very last row of seats directly facing the band at the 4/21 show.

You get a great view of the light-curtains and the light show. I was in the uppers on the side for the 4/20 show and didn't get the full effect of the light curtains, but had a better view of the band itself. A little give and take.

I think the only con is that you have to depend on the video screens if you care about seeing the facial expressions of the band.

Go and enjoy the show!

Back
Top Bottom