Updates from Germany

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first night setlist was as expected. u2 always play it safe with first night. i remember the first nights of zootv outside broadcast at giant stadium. they played the exact set as the indoor shows the first night, and then the next night added some new songs that had not been played the whole tour to that point.

I read on the internet that Bono has an apartment in Atlanta. :shh: I only wish I knew where it was. :sigh:
Not like I would hang out there or anything.
:rolleyes:

Woohoo, Feeder is off and Dallas is checking equipment.

Shouldn't someone start a setlist thread about now?

And a big thanks to u2tour.de for the updates!!!

Last edited:
It does seem a bit quieter (perhaps thats because there's no "setlist party" thread officially (yet) - though its kind of nice... when there are dozens of posts per minute, it gets hard to keep up...

As for yesterday, I was only in and out, but from what I gathered, there was a lot of complaining about the lack of changes in the setlist and some "Vertigo tour sucks," too, IIRC.

From a setlist-watching standpoint, I can understand disappointment. But IMO there's a big difference between watching a setlist arrive and actually being there. I, never having seen U2, would be perfectly happy to get a bunch of "greatest hits" songs - Pride, Streets, NYD, One, etc. even though I'd much rather see setlists that feature things like An Cat Dubh or Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (of course I'd be blown away if I ever actually saw those gems)...

Twenty minutes, give or take! Will they start with Vertigo today? I think they were working on a couple of openings on Thursday(? or was it Wednesday?) one with Vertigo and Until the End of the World, and one with Vertigo and All Because of You. I'm expecting the latter, especially of they decide to play Wild Horses, which would make much more sense in the encore.

I just don't get why people are complaining. We have a fantastic core setlist (including Zoo Station, Electric Co, Running To Stand Still!!), and on the 1st leg have had more setlist changes that I can recall from a tour already: Gloria, The Ocean, Bad, Wild Horses, Party Girl.. and it's still early days. Compare this to earlier tours where there was little or no change from night to night.

A few tours ago REM radically changed their set each night and the results were VERY mixed. I think it was Willie Williams that made that comment.

So I for one am delighted with how this tour is shaping up, and I'm by no means a lap-dog fan.

Back
Top Bottom