Undroppable songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
Which do you think can't be left out in normal Vertigo tour show?
I don't think of new songs. I think those: With or Without you, One, Until The End Of The World, Bullet and New year's day.

well 3 of the 5 songs you listed werent played at the rehearsals

os in the bands eye there ARE evidently droppable

what about Walk on

and to me 40 was an undroppable but was played for the 1st time complete in years, just last night

Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Anything else, I don't mind.

I thought With or Without You was undroppable... They played it every night since 1987 except for the 2nd Montreal show on the first leg of Elevation. I was there. I was surprised but not disappointed. I love the song, but I was happy with the setlist. I'd rather hear Mysterious Ways than WOWY. (the live version of MW is soooo cool)

The only 'undroppable' song for me is Streets...apart from that, I would be happy to see songs from any of the albums and would enjoy it.

Although, if I do bump into Bono I will make a request for Rejoice :wink:

Streets and One are the only undroppable songs. Before anyone says WOWY, it is a dropped song. It wasn't played for the last 27 shows of Elevation. And UTEOTW was skipped once on Elevation and now in the rehearsal. The band dropped New Year's Day for almost half of ZooTV and a quarter of Popmart. ISHFWILF was cut for a third of Elevation, SBS missed Lovetown, so on and so forth ...

Badyouken said:
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Anything else, I don't mind.

One-hundred percent agreement. Those are the only two songs that they absolutely must play.

Streets and One are really the only sure contenders.

NYRangers78 said:
i thought sunday bloody sunday would be undroppable...i didnt see that in the rehearsal setlist. i hope they play it in nyc when i see them.

Sunday Bloody Sunday is completely droppable. Never played on Lovetown, not regular on ZooTV, and not played for half of Popmart.

Streets.

That's all.

Gotta make some room for "Unforgettable Fire." :sexywink: Pretty sure I would die if they played that.

Where the Streets Have No Name is basically the only song the band can never drop. they have to playt this song no matter what. I think the band would probably agree. All other songs are expendable to a certain dgree but not Streets.

I love "One" but I wouldn't miss it if they didn't play it. i guess i've heard enough live that I can live wihtout it. It gets only slightly better live... it's great, but it doesn't bring down the house like STREETS does...

and I think Beautiful Day will be there every show...

And of course most of the new album

I'm just so excited as the possibilites of suprise...

They played several Joshua Tree gigs without playing streets, but I agree that it now can't be dropped, it gets better and better live. With or Without You was brilliant on the Zoo TV tour as Edge played a new solo but it has been pretty bland since, and I pray that they drop Pride, heard that one WAY too many times. Very excited about the setlist at the rehearsal, I just hope they keep the variety going and don't settle into a formulaic set when the tour gets going like they usually do.

At the end of the day though, U2 live are exceptional and it will just be great to see them, especially after the hassle I had getting a ticket.

Maupassant said:
They played several Joshua Tree gigs without playing streets, but I agree that it now can't be dropped, it gets better and better live.

The last time the band skipped Streets was 18 November 1989 on Lovetown, which is the only time it has been missed post-JT Tour.

Back
Top Bottom