UN declaration of rights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Hello?

What the F?

Anyone else think it sounded weird when those were read out.?

Cos I do,

I don't think virtually anyone in the Man City Stadium gave a flying you know whats about them.

More rock show please.

(not that i dispute their importance mind you)

Ellay said:
Hello?

What the F?

Anyone else think it sounded weird when those were read out.?

Cos I do,

I don't think virtually anyone in the Man City Stadium gave a flying you know whats about them.

More rock show please.

(not that i dispute their importance mind you)
thats why when they finished their is a huge round of applause?

did you say all this during every other U2 tour? (except popmart, and some legs of ZooTv)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
'cause they took up a whole whopping 2 minutes to complete.
what took 2 minutes to complete? the sarajevo link ups? doubit it. bonos rants against the IRA? doubt it, or what about bono's LONG speech before one on the elevation tour? am pretty sure i have a boot somewhere, were the speech lasts about 10 minutes or whatever

KUEFC09U2 said:
what took 2 minutes to complete? the sarajevo link ups? doubit it. bonos rants against the IRA? doubt it, or what about bono's LONG speech before one on the elevation tour? am pretty sure i have a boot somewhere, were the speech lasts about 10 minutes or whatever

he meant the declaration of rights, calm down there big boy :wink:

Ellay said:

Maybe thats why they are doing it....just a hunch.

It could be possible that they are trying to raise awareness about this type of thing. There might have been one person in that stadium that did give a "flying you know what" about it. Just because you don't give a "flying you know what" doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

If you want more rock show go see someone else. Its a package deal with U2.

Re: Re: UN declaration of rights

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Maybe thats why they are doing it....just a hunch.

It could be possible that they are trying to raise awareness about this type of thing. There might have been one person in that stadium that did give a "flying you know what" about it. Just because you don't give a "flying you know what" doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

If you want more rock show go see someone else. Its a package deal with U2.

You've ignored my last sentence in which I agree they're important.

The vast majority of people clearly didn't even know what was being read out.

How can that raise awareness?

Re: Re: Re: UN declaration of rights

Ellay said:

You've ignored my last sentence in which I agree they're important.

how can you say the vast majority as what i said in my post? after they were read i heard a LARGE round of applause, and it sounded like all four sides of the stadium from were i stood, the boot backs up my claim

Re: Re: Re: Re: UN declaration of rights

KUEFC09U2 said:
how can you say the vast majority as what i said in my post? after they were read i heard a LARGE round of applause, and it sounded like all four sides of the stadium from were i stood, the boot backs up my claim

I too heard much applauding around at all three Boston shows. I was expecting the crowd to not be interested, but was pleasantly surprised that the people around me seemed to be.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UN declaration of rights

Axver said:

I too heard much applauding around at all three Boston shows. I was expecting the crowd to not be interested, but was pleasantly surprised that the people around me seemed to be.
every bootleg i have there seems to be a huge cheer just as they are scrolling down

Ellay said:

The "vast majority" of people at the shows you went to can't read then?

That part of the show was amazing at Boston 3! The segue into Pride was awesome, very well put together.

I could understand every word of what the woman on the screen was saying. It definitely meant a ton to everybody, as Ax said earlier, there was an eruption of cheers after every right was read off.

Plus, that smoke-imaging works well, too.

Ellay said:

People who didnt know, now do. this = raising of awareness

Never understood why only no 3 onwards were 'heard' though:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom