UK Tour Dates hint from Bono last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brianpotter

The Fly
Whilst singing Beautiful Day on Radio 1 Bono changed the lyrics to "See the world in green and blue London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool, Cardiff Arms, Glasgow Hi/Hall,
Belfast,Derry to The Phoenix Park etc"

These could be the ones !!!

I can work most of the venues apart from Liverpool & Birningham any ideas?

Anfield maybe!.Not famed for concerts as far as Im aware.Villa park perhaps for Birmingham

Im surprised Leeds is not mentioned.They have played there zooropa and popmart at Roundhay park.It is a great venue

A friend of mine met them after the show last night and said he confirmed Croke Park "definitely".

yeah i went to see them at roundhay park in 97 at the pop tour - it was an amazing atmosphere - and edge sang singing in the rain karaoke style *sighs* ah memories

hopefully tickets will be available soon (crosses fingers)

what an album

Bono sang something like...

'See the world in green and blue,
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool,
Cardiff Arms,
Glasgow Heart,
Belfast, Derry to the Phoenix Park
Take the dark out of the winters night
Live from Dublin via satellite
Like a bird etc...'

It does sound to me like it could be a hint at the possible UK/Eire tour venues. I can understand him namechecking UK/Eire cities because of the scope of Radio Ones broadcasting, but namechecking actual venues Cardiff Arms (Millennium Stadium) and Phoenix Park seems odd if there is no other significance. I suppose it might just be that rhymed well! :huh:

Maybe they are looking at negotiating a show for Phoenix Park as well as the 2/3 Croke Park shows, although I'd be very surprised considering the difficulties they've had trying to get this venue on previous tours.

Its also not beyond the realm of possibilities that maybe they are going to some indoor shows too. I say this, because if the above actually is a hint at the UK/Eire tour then it would be unusual to be doing a stadium show in Manchester, then in Liverpool.

Anyway, if the above is a hint, I guess it could be something along the lines of...

* Dublin (Croke Park) 25-27.06.04
* London (Twickenham Rugby Stadium) 02.07.04
* Birmingham (NEC Arena / Villa Park / St Andrews)
* Manchester (MEN Arena / City Of Manchester Stadium)
* Liverpool (Anfield Road)
* Cardiff (Millennium Stadium)
* Glasgow (Hampden Park / Ibrox)
* Belfast (Botanical Gardens)
* Derry (?)
* Dublin (Phoenix Park) (August?)

Just one final thought, the order that Bono mentioned those cities/venues does seem very logical for a UK tour, not that it has to be - but it kinda makes sense.

Heres hoping anyways, because anything like the above would be very ok with me :wink:

:wink:

I think you're reading too much into that. The thought of the Birmingham NEC would be nice, but that does not fit with the idea of stadiums and I don't think concerts are ever staged at either Villa Park or St Andrews. They won't do both Manchester and Liverpool, those cities are only about 30(?) miles apart so a stadium gig in each is highly unlikely. Croke Park & Phoenix Park on the same tour won't happen either.

Assuming they do stadiums, I'd guess it will be (in no particular order) London, Glasgow, Manchester, Belfast and Croke Park.

Yeah, I think you're probably right on all counts - just wishful thinking on my part!

Pete Williams also stated not too long ago that the European leg is all outdoors, so that rules out the likes of NEC etc. And I couldn't really imagine the band playing Croke Park and Phoenix Park on the same tour (although I bet they'd probably sell several times over!).

However, i still think its a bit odd that Bono would specifically mention Phoenix Park and Cardiff Arms, mind you he probably meant to say Croke Park and just got muddled! :huh:

As much as I hope it will be, U2 won't be coming to Derry. Oasis played at the Brandywell football stadium back a good few years ago, but the size is mediocre compared to Croker. Plus they have never done more than two locations in Ireland in any one tour so the likelihood that they'll play Croker, Belfast, Derry and the Phoenix Park is slim to none.

that's not true about U2 only playing 2 Irish locations when on tour, for example U2 played Belfast (indoors), Dublin (2 nights at Croke Park) and Cork on the Joshua Tree Tour back in 1987.

They are selling tickets for U2 at Twickenham (?) 2 july 2005 at Leicester Square. With a smile, I asked the girl behind the desk if the concert was confirmed.. She was a bit annoyed with that question, but informed me that for just £100 I could have a ticket.

How I hope that noone falls for that scam..

thomasoi said:
They are selling tickets for U2 at Twickenham (?) 2 july 2005 at Leicester Square. With a smile, I asked the girl behind the desk if the concert was confirmed.. She was a bit annoyed with that question, but informed me that for just £100 I could have a ticket.

How I hope that noone falls for that scam..

yeah I saw signs for U2 tickets in Leicester Square on Thursday! What a joke :rolleyes:

My brothers girlfried works at the NEC box office in Birmingham and she keeps telling me U2 are playing the NEC in 2005. She is usually spot on to. Hope so she wil get front row or front standing tickets for the gig if it materialises.

my husband went down to Virgins in Belfast to find out if there was a chance U2 would be playing here.. the person at the ticket desk told him he had heard there would be tickets going on sale between now and December for A Belfast show in June.. though I got a feeling it might be for the Croke park one but here is hopong... but keep your eyes and ears open, because they will probably announce other UK dates as well
we got the ticket office phone number.. which we are going to phone up every day for some sort of confirmation.. then we will be down to the place like a shot

Back
Top Bottom