u2wedge takes you backstage at MSG...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
This is what I posted on my blog and thought I'd share them here as well. We decided to take the MSG All Access Tour today and highly recommend it for the days the band is off at MSG this week. Use the code 'NACCESS' to save $3 per ticket on Ticketmaster making it $14 per person <-found that out after I bought the tickets, I paid $17 ea.) The All Access Tour takes you through MSG including the smaller theater, into the main arena, and down into the locker room areas of the venue.

Our tour guide was cool about letting us take pictures from the upper level in the luxury boxes, but was more strict as we got down below. Luckily we were in a group of seniors (nah, we didn't stick out THAT much :wink:..) and hung out toward the back of the line. We also ran into a couple from Ireland who were in town for the week to see U2 and Springsteen so we covered for each other as we took these pictures. It was pretty hilarious. It was cool meeting them and I gave them my email addy so hopefully they'll send me their pictures as well. Okay, but here's the tour (the important part, at least!)... Keep in mind these are 'stealth' photos and are a bit blurry, but you should get the jist of it.

This is a view of the stage from one of the luxury suites... keep in mind this is about 12 hours after the 10/8 show and there's not a piece of litter on the floor. You couldn't tell there was a concert there less than 12 hours prior, except for the faint smell of stale beer (and the stage, of course).
Picture105.jpg

The highlight of the tour was getting to go backstage and into the locker room areas. As we entered the hallway we immediately knew we might see some interesting things...
Picture117.jpg

About halfway down the hallway there was another hallway blocked by a black curtain, but the signs gave away what was behind it...
Picture108.jpg

This is what was behind the black curtain. We didn't know that U2 had a 'quiet room'.. must be a place for pre-show relaxation. You can see a sign for the Band Dining Area in the foreground. I think the yellow arrows on the floor direct them to their entrance at the back of the ellipse.
Picture114.jpg

This was on the wall on the opposite side of the black curtain, detailing the security passes and where you could go with each pass (we blurred out the details for, well, security purposes...)
Picture110.jpg

Opposite the black curtain (walking away from band dining area) there was a hallway with more U2 personnel. Paul McGuinness, band manager, and Arthur Fogel, president of Clear Channel Touring both had dressing rooms and offices down this hallway.
Picture109.jpg

Here is Paul McGuinness' dressing room.
Picture121.jpg

The band walks over this on the way to their dressing room areas...
Picture119.jpg

And this is the hallway leading out to the Garden floor. These are the only pictures we could get away with taking without being too obvious... hope you enjoyed them!
Picture116.jpg

Last edited:
Thats Great! Just what I needed to see before I make my way down to the city! See you all there!! Can't wait for tonight! Due to this being the craziest year of my life - This will be my FIRST show on this tour!!! Can't wait. Here is to the start of a few amazing weeks!

Brian

Very cool!!!!!!!

Never been backstage for a concert, but was back there once during a WWE Event. Ran in to Taker....

Pretty cool. :cool: I wonder if the "Quiet Room," seeing as how it's right next to the band's dressing room, is Bono's post-show-15-minute-de-character-back-to-reality room. :hmm: I've heard he needs at least 10 minutes to himself after a show & that all the rest of the band & crew know not to disturb him...

Back
Top Bottom