U2tour.de has some rumors on the rehearsed songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

If they're gonna play it live, they better as hell rehearse it. It tanked badly at Brooklyn Bridge. :uhoh: Ouch.

I wouldn't say tanked exactly, I enjoyed it! But yeah, The Edge needs to be on the guitar for that one.

odowdpa said:
But it seems to be the same set list every tour (minus the new tracks.) Bring in some other classics...they have a huge array of songs to choose from, why do the same ones over and over again. I understand why One is always played and Streets and maybe WOWY, but let's see some other classics played live.

To be fair, they were shaking the setlist up more on the last tour: - pulling songs like 'The Fly', '11 o clock tick tock' and 'Out of control' out of the bag, which they hadn't played in a while.
I agree though, it'd be nice if they played more surprisers and less of the staple songs...

People, there is no way in hell that The Hands that Built America will be played on the tour! How could the band justify dropping a normal song for a song that was made just for a movie and can't be played without strings? Or if it was played without strings, it would simply suck.

U2girl said:
Aparrently, these are being rehearsed:
Ultra Violet, Running To Standing Still (akustik), (akustik), October.

:up: Running to stand still acoustic!I was hoping that one was coming back

Ultraviolet - Who's gonna ride your wild horses :hyper:

:hyper: :hyper:

FullonEdge2 said:
People, there is no way in hell that The Hands that Built America will be played on the tour! How could the band justify dropping a normal song for a song that was made just for a movie and can't be played without strings? Or if it was played without strings, it would simply suck.

Why not, the ground beneath her feet was played on the last tour

I am all for hearing the Bomb tracks live. As many as they can play and even Electical Storm. Everything else is a bonus. Really LOVE the idea of bringing back Running to Stand Still in some new light.

I'm sure that is 60% of songs be rehearsed. U2 will rehearse 30-40 songs and pick whats best for the tour. I guarantee Electrical Storm will be played. I'm not a big fan of the standards being played every night:

Bullet
Pride
New Years Day
I Still Haven't Found
Bad
All I Want Is You
With or Without You

and feel U2 should rotate 3-4 of these in the setilist each night. It will make it a little more exciting for us and please the general public. It is cool to see UltraViolet maybe coming back.

it must be hard for u2 to please both hard core and casual fans. I went to see Rem a couple of months ago and i consider myself a big Rem (i got all their albums since Out Of Time).

More than half the songs i never heard so i was a bit disappointed.

Whatever U2 plays i'm sure i'll be ok with it, cos they usually have a good mix of hits and more obscure songs in their setlists. I'm tired of hearing Pride but seeing the reaction of the crowd when it's played i understand why they keep playing it. As long as they do most of the new album, i think it's great!

I was at the first Miami show last tour and to my surprise they broke out a fantastic "Sweetest Thing". I'm hoping they'll revisit that lovely.

I can live without Hands that Built America....I think it's a bit of a snooze.

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I don't know about "Is That All?", but technically U2 did not play "Freedom For My People" even though it appeared on the "Rattle and Hum" album....oh wait you're being sarcastic aren't you? :ohmy:

U2 didn't play a song on their own album? SELL-OUT POP PIGS!!!! I hate this band!! I'M NEVER BUYING A U2 ALBUM AGAIN!!!!!! :madspit: :mad: :madspit:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom