"U2's Vertigo Tour To End In April"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
November 21, 2005, 5:30 PM ET
U2's Vertigo Tour To End In April

Details have emerged regarding the fourth and final leg of the U2 Vertigo tour. The band had announced last week on U2.com that more international Vertigo dates would be played in 2006, taking the total number of dates on the tour to 116.

"We're going to play Mexico, South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan," Arthur Fogel, president of TNA International, worldwide producer of the tour, tells Billboard.biz. "We're going to start just after the Grammys (Feb. 8) in Mexico."

The band will stay out until the second week in April which will end the tour. They will play all stadiums on the final leg, which will include about 19 shows. Australia and New Zealand will go on sale the first weekend in December, with Japan, Mexico and South America to follow shortly thereafter, Fogel says. The final stadium dates will use the same production as the European stadium shows, which is different from the North American arena shows.

The tour began last May with a run of North American arenas, then moved to Europe for stadiums over the summer. The third leg began in North America began Sept. 12 in Toronto and wraps Dec. 19 in Portland, Ore.

U2 will finish the year at close to $300 million in grosses. The large capacity of the final venues on the tour should be enough to make Vertigo the top-grossing tour of all time, passing the Rolling Stones' Voodoo Lounge tour of 1994-95, which grossed $319.5 million.

http://www.billboard.biz/bb/biz/new...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001525931

Note: If the band play 19 shows in 2006, this will take the total number of shows for the Vertigo tour up to 129 not 116.

Last edited:
The VERTIGO tour will end in April, correct. But the new album will be out in May, and then the Mercy Tour starts in June.
Am I right, or am I right?
C'mon!

Ifeelnumb84 said:
The VERTIGO tour will end in April, correct. But the new album will be out in May, and then the Mercy Tour starts in June.
Am I right, or am I right?
C'mon!

LOL -- actually, I hope they pull off two albums and THEN tour to break up the current pattern.

Can you imagine say 20 to 22 NEW songs to choose from for a show that is usually only 20 to 22 songs to begine with AND the back catalog that they have amassed?

We'd probably have to have four more moderators hired and a new sub site www.interferenceU2Tour2009SetListBitching.com

approx 19 shows according to Fogel....

4 x australia announced + 1 more?
1 x new zealand announced + 1 more?

2 x argentina?
2 x brazil?
2 x mexico?
2 x japan?
1 x chile?
1 x peru?
2 x south africa?

129 shows - will that make it their longest tour after Zoo TV?

Too bad no more Europe but :up: for playing ROW again.

How come the long break between the end of US leg - Dec 19th and the start of 4 leg in February after the Grammys?

The list of rumored and confirmed dates are:

1. Monterrey Feb 12
2-3. Mexico City Feb 15-16
4-5. Sao Paulo Feb 21-22
6. Santiago Feb 26
7-8. Buenos Aires Mar 1-2
9. Auckland Mar 17
10. Brisbane Mar 21
11-12. Melbourne Mar 24-25
13. Adelaide Mar 28
14. Sydney Mar 31

The other 5 dates could be:

Rio De Janeiro, as Brasil has been rumored for 3 shows,

a second show in Sydney,

a third date in Buenos Aires (they had 3 shows for Popmart),

Japan should have at least 2 shows with both being in Tokyo or 1-2 in Tokyo and 1 in Osaka

and now Honolulu is rumored for a show or 2 as you can see in the report that was posted on u2tours.com:

Rumors: Hawaii
November 22, 2005
Various sources are buzzing about strong rumors that U2 are planning to play Hawaii in 2006, possibly in April after the band finishes its dates in New Zealand and Australia. If the rumor becomes reality, it would be U2's first concert in Hawaii since 1985.

This would be real exciting if it happens, as it could very well be the Vertigo tour finale, as the rumors place it in April after Australia.

In listing the 2006 locations, they always list Japan last, which would imply that it will happen after Australia, but there is a big gap between Buenos Aires and Auckland. It's possible that Japan could happen then or that Honolulu could happen between those dates.

Last edited:
Halup said:

The list of rumored and confirmed dates are:

1. Monterrey Feb 12
2-3. Mexico City Feb 15-16
4-5. Sao Paulo Feb 21-22

6. Santiago Feb 26

7-8. Buenos Aires Mar 1-2
9. Auckland Mar 17
10. Brisbane Mar 21
11-12. Melbourne Mar 24-25
13. Adelaide Mar 28
14. Sydney Mar 31

The other 5 dates could be:

Rio De Janeiro, as Brasil has been rumored for 3 shows,

a second show in Sydney,

a third date in Buenos Aires (they had 3 shows for Popmart),

Japan should have at least 2 shows with both being in Tokyo or 1-2 in Tokyo and 1 in Osaka

don't discard us...

between the last brasil show (22) and the fist Argentina (1), there are 8 days, and just 1 concert = Santiago...

If U2 can add more shows in Argentina, they can do them after the first 2... so the posibility of a 2nd Santago show are big, in people and in time

and yes... HELLO HELLO ( ALOHA! )

I think, kelly...

we should left this concert JUST for the islanders... they need it... they deserve it...

besides... can YOU or ANYONE dance the "LUAU" to Mysterious Ways? :wink: :lock:

STING2 said:
November 21, 2005, 5:30 PM ET
U2's Vertigo Tour To End In April

Sh*t!

Now just another FOUR YEARS to wait till the next tour!!!

For a 'live' band, they sure make the fans wait.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i overheard a little birdie :ohmy:

hmmm... did your 'birdie' tell you anything about the hawaii rumor, headache? :wink:

i've never been there, and will have finally amassed some vacation days by that point... :hmm:

Of course, U2 has to come back to Boston next summer to Fenway Park. The Boston Globe SAID this would happen, and I have all the faith in the world that what The Boston Globe says is gospel.

BWU2Buffs said:

LOL -- actually, I hope they pull off two albums and THEN tour to break up the current pattern.

Can you imagine say 20 to 22 NEW songs to choose from for a show that is usually only 20 to 22 songs to begine with AND the back catalog that they have amassed?

We'd probably have to have four more moderators hired and a new sub site www.interferenceU2Tour2009SetListBitching.com

:laugh: It would take setlist bitching to new heights. Which is saying alot considering the heights it reached on this tour and this tour had alot of variation by U2 standards.

It also reminds me of a classic from the Everything You Know Is Wrong forum. Prior to this tour, an actual question that was posted. "Will U2 play songs from the new album on the upcoming tour?" :laugh:

We were talking to some of the crew after MSG and they were telling us that the U2 European staging as well as the crew members all had contracts for another band next summer. So after April, there can't be any more dates using that staging or the current crew.... We asked about a US outdoor tour and he said they had tried for it ... but due to logistics it can't be pulled off...

eherncane said:
We were talking to some of the crew after MSG and they were telling us that the U2 European staging as well as the crew members all had contracts for another band next summer. So after April, there can't be any more dates using that staging or the current crew.... We asked about a US outdoor tour and he said they had tried for it ... but due to logistics it can't be pulled off...

The rumor in Europe was always for a indoor tour for next year year so that would still be possible......

Back
Top Bottom