U2 will be playing in Colombia this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I and I in the said:
Who called it?

I'm sorry Caroni, I hope the band continues to play in S. America on the next tour :)

The call happened!

Febrero 1 de 2007

Bono y U2 descartan venir a Bogotá, como lo había planteado el alcalde Lucho Garzón

Esta mañana, el representante de la banda, Dennis Sheehan, se comunicó con la redacción de EL TIEMPO y desmintió la posibilidad de que la agrupación o Bono visiten la capital este año.

Sheehan señaló que eso es imposible debido a que la gira de presentaciones culminó en Honolulu (Hawai), el año pasado.

"Durante todo el 2007, la banda se dedicará a la grabación del próximo álbum. Esperamos poder complacer en algún momento a nuestros fans en Colombia, en el futuro", dijo a EL TIEMPO.

Hace dos días, el alcalde de Bogotá, Luis Eduardo Garzón, dijo que la Secretaría de Gobierno realizó contactos con empresarios cercanos a los integrantes de la reconocida banda irlandesa, quienes le habían manifestado su intención de venir al país para el cierre de 'Rock al parque'.

Hoy, fuentes de la Alcaldía corrigieron esa versión y explicaron que la idea era que la banda se presentara el próximo 23 de febrero en un concierto en Bogotá, cuando se cumplen cinco años del secuestro de la ex candidata presidencial Íngrid Betancur.

They said that Dennis Sheehan (representative of the band) comunicated with " El tiempo" (newspaper) to say that there´s no chance that they go to Bogota because they were busy with the recording of the album.

It was a really strong rumor, mainly because was started by the Mayor of Bogota; If you can´t trust a politician who can you trust? :happy:

Thank you !! :hug:

Caroni said:

The call happened!

They said that Dennis Sheehan (representative of the band) comunicated with " El tiempo" (newspaper) to say that there´s no chance that they go to Bogota because they were busy with the recording of the album.

It was a really strong rumor, mainly because was started by the Mayor of Bogota; If you can´t trust a politician who can you trust? :happy:

Thank you !! :hug:

Recording the new album... playing a show in Colombia...

hmm, which sounds like a better deal?

Yeah, keep it alive. It's important that U2 knows they have fans in places like Colombia. Maybe one day they will play there? Cheer up. :)

Back
Top Bottom